The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Focus on Family - Christian Parenting (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Should suicidal atheists/emos be locked up to protect society? (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=36681)

GOD=life 02-03-2010 09:46 PM

Should suicidal atheists/emos be locked up to protect society?
 
As we all know, atheists have no reason to be moral. They can go to prostitutes, kill people and take drugs... and they think there's no consequence in the afterlife because... they think there IS no afterlife!

Now there is one consequence they are familiar with, and that's death and captivity. Secular law is built up around the idea that if you violate the law, you will be inconvenienced, either by a monetary fine (appeal to greed) or by taking your physical freedom away.

Now the big question: what if an atheist is suicidal? Then there is NO deterrent whatsoever! You cannot scare an atheist with death if the atheist wants to die!

So what is stopping that atheist from doing a school shooting? Or worse, a church shooting? NOTHING!

So the really big question is: why aren't we locking these potential lunatics up??? We are LUCKY that they mostly hurt themselves, but sooner or later, they will figure this out and start coming after Christians. The whole Emo scene is just a major disaster waiting to be unleashed on Christians.

Bobby-Joe 02-03-2010 09:56 PM

Re: Should suicidal atheists/emos be locked up to protect society
 
I think it is amazing we don't have more school shooting from atheists scum. They have a bleak and pointless existence were the only think they get to look forward to is how long they can grow their beard while looking at the most porn they can on the intertubes. It think there is only one way to stop nihilists like the atheists; capital punishment. Let's see how many of them want to trust to "random chance, nothing more" when facing a needle in the arm.

Cranky Old Man 02-03-2010 09:56 PM

Re: Should suicidal atheists/emos be locked up to protect society
 
That sounds like a great plan Brother. Unfortunately it might be hard to determine which atheists are suicidal. Perhaps they should just all be locked up to keep it on the safe side. We could device some KJV1611 based test to determine who should be locked up and who should be allowed to remain free.

GOD=life 02-03-2010 10:03 PM

Re: Should suicidal atheists/emos be locked up to protect society
 
There are suicide hotlines. Perhaps those can be used to get an idea of who might be dangerous. Same for emo websites.

About 14% of Americans don't believe in God, so that's 42 million sure-fire atheists. Since not all of them are suicidal, we would probably just have to lock up 10%, or 4.2 million people.

Unlike hardened criminals, they are unlikely to offer much resistance (they have nothing to live for), so it shouldn't be very expensive to build internment camps for them.

Nobar King 02-03-2010 10:34 PM

Re: Should suicidal atheists/emos be locked up to protect society
 
Isn't it against the law to commit suicide? I've always wondered what the penalty is for people who fail to kill themselves. They're obviously a danger to society and should be locked up.

Bobby-Joe 02-03-2010 10:49 PM

Re: Should suicidal atheists/emos be locked up to protect society
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cranky Old Man (Post 466743)
That sounds like a great plan Brother. Unfortunately it might be hard to determine which atheists are suicidal. Perhaps they should just all be locked up to keep it on the safe side. We could device some KJV1611 based test to determine who should be locked up and who should be allowed to remain free.

It is very simple plan. We just follow the Iranian model on how they cured homosexuality in that country; ask every American "are you an atheist?" and if they say yes they get arrested as a virtual school shooter, given a fair trial and then executed. While yes I know a trail is more than a god mocking atheist deserves (did Dawkins debate Ray Comfort? No!) by given them a trail with a fair and balanced judge we show the atheist we are better than him.

Rev. Jim Osborne 02-04-2010 12:18 AM

Re: Should suicidal atheists/emos be locked up to protect society
 
It has been statistically proven that 97% of school shootings and mass murders done between 1990-2008 were at the hands of atheists, goths, or emos. You can't argue with the cold, hard facts.

On one level, I cheer whenever I hear about an atheist/emo/goth committing suicide. It makes me happy knowing they are dead and now writhing in agony in Hell. Yet on another level, they are ticking time bombs and just waiting to drag people down with them.

I think the suicide hotline would be great. Callers, when admitting their true nature, can have their phone numbers traced. Working with law enforcement, we can have these people imprisoned for others' safety. I think it's high time we get a petition together and start writing our congressmen. Let's make this a grassroots effort to wipe out crime!

GOD=life 02-04-2010 12:26 AM

Re: Should suicidal atheists/emos be locked up to protect society
 
Even if they think they are just killing themselves, they could still hurt others.

Imagine standing on the street preaching God's Word to passersby and all out of a sudden a goth drops out of the sky because he just had to jump out of a building!

Even if you're not hit directly, you may still end up soiled by the HIV in the blood spatters.

Firebird13 02-04-2010 12:47 AM

Re: Should suicidal atheists/emos be locked up to protect society
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nobar King (Post 466783)
Isn't it against the law to commit suicide? I've always wondered what the penalty is for people who fail to kill themselves. They're obviously a danger to society and should be locked up.

Where I live the penalty is three days in a mental hospital if you fail to commit suicide, just to make sure you're going to be alright. If you're stupid enough to try again when you're in there, I don't know how many months you get in there.

GOD=life 02-04-2010 12:58 AM

Re: Should suicidal atheists/emos be locked up to protect society
 
What is the penalty if you succeed?

Firebird13 02-04-2010 01:01 AM

Re: Should suicidal atheists/emos be locked up to protect society
 
Depends on wheather or not one believes that suicide is a sin. I just think it's the coward's way out and should be paid for after death.

GOD=life 02-04-2010 01:06 AM

Re: Should suicidal atheists/emos be locked up to protect society
 
All they really had to do was surrender to God... so sad.

Cranky Old Man 02-04-2010 09:12 AM

Re: Should suicidal atheists/emos be locked up to protect society
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Firebird13 (Post 466884)
Depends on wheather or not one believes that suicide is a sin. I just think it's the coward's way out and should be paid for after death.

God agrees with you. They all burn in hell for all eternity.

EightyEight 02-04-2010 05:56 PM

Re: Should suicidal atheists/emos be locked up to protect society
 
Fallacy: post hoc, egro propter hoc -- "after this, therefore because of this"

Simply being suicidal does not make one homicdial. I agree that suicidal people should be, in some way, rounded up--but to help them, not to imprison them.


Someone--Pastor Jim I believe--stated that statistics show the majority of school shootings are committed by atheists and/or emos. I don't have to do any research to agree with that.

However, I do not believe they will eventually turn to murdering Christians specifically. Granted, a large majority of the people they murder are most likely Christian (probably false Christians, as you guys call them) simply because a large majority of America is Christian. Correlation is not causation.

This is a slippery slope fallacy. We can't assume that because they are suicidal, or even homicidal, that they will eventually target Christians.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GOD=life
Since not all of them are suicidal, we would probably just have to lock up 10%, or 4.2 million people.

That sounds much more reasonable than locking up 100% of them.

GOD=life 02-04-2010 06:13 PM

Re: Should suicidal atheists/emos be locked up to protect society
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by EightyEight (Post 467261)
Simply being suicidal does not make one homicdial.

You are right, but a suicidal person has no deterrent.

Similarly, most people aren't homicidal. Yet... would you feel comfortable living in a society where there is no law against murder?

Quote:

Originally Posted by EightyEight (Post 467261)
I agree that suicidal people should be, in some way, rounded up--but to help them, not to imprison them.

I have no problem with sending missionaries there with a truckload of KJV 1611 Bibles.

Quote:

Originally Posted by EightyEight (Post 467261)
Correlation is not causation.

You know your logic, which is good. But there is also such a thing as probability. If you are sitting next to a muslim man who is nervously going "allahallahalahh" while fidgeting with something, will you think "ARGH, BOMB!" or will you think "the poor fellow is having trouble with his iPod".

Quote:

Originally Posted by EightyEight (Post 467261)
We can't assume that because they are suicidal, or even homicidal, ...

Agreed, but we surely agree that there is neither secular nor Biblical deterrence to such a person. Basically, from the perspective of a suicidal atheist, it is as though all the laws that ever existence are suddenly void.

You don't have to worry about being sent to prison (you'll be dead), you don't have to worry about your loved ones (you're the one traumatizing them), you won't have to worry about monetary fines (can't take money to your grave) and you don't have to worry about people's opinions (they think you suck).


Quote:

Originally Posted by EightyEight (Post 467261)
That sounds much more reasonable than locking up 100% of them.

I am somewhat of a pragmatist, it's true :lol:

Bobby-Joe 02-04-2010 06:56 PM

Re: Should suicidal atheists/emos be locked up to protect society
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by EightyEight (Post 467261)
Fallacy: post hoc, egro propter hoc -- "after this, therefore because of this"

Simply being suicidal does not make one homicdial. I agree that suicidal people should be, in some way, rounded up--but to help them, not to imprison them.


Someone--Pastor Jim I believe--stated that statistics show the majority of school shootings are committed by atheists and/or emos. I don't have to do any research to agree with that.

However, I do not believe they will eventually turn to murdering Christians specifically. Granted, a large majority of the people they murder are most likely Christian (probably false Christians, as you guys call them) simply because a large majority of America is Christian. Correlation is not causation.

This is a slippery slope fallacy. We can't assume that because they are suicidal, or even homicidal, that they will eventually target Christians.



That sounds much more reasonable than locking up 100% of them.

While you have valid points friend I think you are overlooking that we are talking about atheists here. Their whole lives are defined by a rage against God. "Anti-God" is in the very name they chose to identify themselves with.

Take this example of a God hating atheist; PZ Myers Myers is an elitist collage professor who, drunk on tax payer money has taken to running a personal persecution of Christians of all kinds..Here is a report from a speech Myers recently gave

http://my.auburnjournal.com/detail/141260.html

Look at the mindless, corrosive hate there; "religion is like organized crime" and he compares it to a juvenile fantasy game. So to Myers morality is just a form of extortion. When you get down to it, the difference between someone like Myers and a suicide bomber is only a matter of degree to which they are willing to hurt themselves to hurt their enemy.

EightyEight 02-04-2010 07:00 PM

Re: Should suicidal atheists/emos be locked up to protect society
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by GOD=life (Post 467270)
You are right, but a suicidal person has no deterrent.

True. They find no meaning in their existence, and therefore see no meaning in existence whatsoever, which includes the laws "prohibiting" them from committing suicide. It's a sad situation indeed.

Quote:

Yet... would you feel comfortable living in a society where there is no law against murder?
Of course not, but there is law against murder, and as far as I know, against [attempted] suicide as well (though the punishment isn't as stringent, of course).


Quote:

If you are sitting next to a muslim man who is nervously going "allahallahalahh" while fidgeting with something, will you think "ARGH, BOMB!" or will you think "the poor fellow is having trouble with his iPod".
Unfortunately, that's probably true. I try not to adhere to such stereotypes, but it's very difficult sometimes.


Quote:

Agreed, but we surely agree that there is neither secular nor Biblical deterrence to such a person. Basically, from the perspective of a suicidal atheist (or any suicidal person, for that matter), it is as though all the laws that ever existence are suddenly void.
I can agree with that. Again, it's a very unfortunate situation.


I think your intentions are good, because God and religion has helped a great many people, many of whom were no doubt suicidal/homicidal. I think there are many people who agree that such people should be institutionalized and treated, just not executed :(

GOD=life 02-04-2010 08:14 PM

Re: Should suicidal atheists/emos be locked up to protect society
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by EightyEight (Post 467287)
Of course not, but there is law against murder, and as far as I know, against [attempted] suicide as well (though the punishment isn't as stringent, of course).

Yes, but only because you acknowledge that law. It's only "works" after the fact. From a materialist perspective, there is nothing stopping you from taking a gun and randomly shooting people. The only laws you cannot escape from are the ones that govern how fast the bullet will travel, how deeply it will penetrate into your target, etc.

Or, put another way: if you knew you were going to die within 24 hours, wouldn't you feel free to do anything you liked? What can the law do to you? Imprison you for a day?

A True Christian has two deterrents:

1. (minor) secular law
2. (major) Biblical law (which also tells us to follow secular law

So if you have a person where neither (1) nor (2) is in effect, we have a potential problem. Now fortunately, not every suicidal person is homicidal (I agree with you on that point), but this situation could be just a copycat idea away. But even if a single live can be saved, that'd be worth it. Combine that with the potential to save souls......

Quote:

Originally Posted by EightyEight (Post 467287)
I think there are many people who agree that such people should be institutionalized and treated, just not executed

Oh, they shouldn't be executed. That would interfere with their free will. They should be blocked from murdering themselves until they had a chance to read the entire KJV 1611 Bible. Then they can make an informed decision.

Also keep in mind that from a purely utilitarian perspective, it's a no-loss situation: they are people who would not be alive if left to their own devices.

They should be given professional treatment that consists of:
  • Thorough study of the KJV 1611 Bible and prayer
  • Therapy to figure out how exactly they offended God so that they can fix their mistake and be blessed
The potential benefits are enormous and not "just" for the infinite life but also for the finite one.

SUV 02-04-2010 09:22 PM

Re: Should suicidal atheists/emos be locked up to protect society
 
Athians and emus should all be rounded up and sent over to Ofcr Don Richards. A-MEN :a078:

StarrKingGrad 02-04-2010 09:36 PM

Re: Should suicidal atheists/emos be locked up to protect society
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev. Jim Osborne (Post 466860)
It has been statistically proven that 97% of school shootings and mass murders done between 1990-2008 were at the hands of atheists, goths, or emos. You can't argue with the cold, hard facts.

Would you please point us to that study?

We ought to treat other people the way Christ wanted us to treat them. Don't you agree?

Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets. Matthew 7:12


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:00 PM.

Powered by Jesus - vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Landover Baptist Forums 1620, 2018 all rights reserved