The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   The introduction forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Mars (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=73481)

Adam Fag 01-14-2012 08:56 PM

Mars
 

Hi :| a friend sent me this site and wow! Things here are just not the same as what we see. I don’t go to a church but have read things like the quote I’ve put at the end.

Scales are fun, there’s lots of types of scale and I used to work with them. There seems to be lots of types of Gods too but none of them are real are they?

Nor is the sky my church, since the stars are not Gods and they’re too far off to know what we do here, but there could be a man on one of them and he might know we’re here, if he looks. I think there may be. Yes.

Thank you.

James Hutchins 01-14-2012 09:15 PM

Re: Mars
 
Welcome friend! Yes, God is real. False Gods are not.

What is your favorite verse from the KJV? Are you and your father still close?

Redeemed Papist 01-14-2012 10:07 PM

Re: Mars
 
Mars is a discredited Roman god. What's left to discuss?

They may have represented him as a messy red ball in their temples, I suppose. I can't say I've devoted that much time to pondering it.

Adam Fag 01-14-2012 11:39 PM

Re: Mars
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by James Hutchins (Post 836912)
Welcome friend! Yes, God is real. False Gods are not.

What is your favorite verse from the KJV? Are you and your father still close?

No false Gods are not real. Verse is at end of post I think. But there is no God in the sky. Mars is no more a God than Eve.

Redeemed Papist 01-14-2012 11:42 PM

Re: Mars
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam Ski (Post 836981)
No false Gods are not real. Verse is at end of post I think. But there is no God in the sky. Mars is no more a God than Eve.

Yes, we know that. Mars has never been a god.

By sky I assume you mean the firmament. God is in Heaven, of course.

Adam Fag 01-14-2012 11:58 PM

Re: Mars
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Redeemed Papist (Post 836926)
Mars is a discredited Roman god. What's left to discuss?

They may have represented him as a messy red ball in their temples, I suppose. I can't say I've devoted that much time to pondering it.

Mars is dry - well there's ice but it's dry and there's a lot of wind. I thought I'd share that nice view of it from space. Hope you like it.

Redeemed Papist 01-15-2012 12:03 AM

Re: Mars
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam Ski (Post 836993)
Mars is dry - well there's ice but it's dry and there's a lot of wind. I thought I'd share that nice view of it from space. Hope you like it.

Mars doesn't exist. The Romans made him up. What is wrong with you?

Adam Fag 01-15-2012 01:21 AM

Re: Mars
 
I'm glad you liked it. There is no Mars God :lol: but there's quite a few space probes there and on the Moon. I love to see all the great views we get from them.

Here's one of a star >>
http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/200...ri_468x318.jpg

They do look good from space! This is from The Mail

Redeemed Papist 01-15-2012 01:24 AM

Re: Mars
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam Ski (Post 837046)
I'm glad you liked it. There is no Mars God :lol: but there's quite a few secular blasphemy deleted there and on the Moon. I love to see all the great views we get from them.

Here's one of a star >>
http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/200...ri_468x318.jpg

Yes, stars are tiny lights on the firmament. That looks about right. Who sneezed on your camera lens?

VictoryOS 01-15-2012 01:28 AM

Re: Mars
 
I welcome you, Mr Ski, but you're being weird. Frankly I find you a little bit frightening.

Have you ever tried reading the Bible?

Bible Thumping Billy 01-15-2012 01:39 AM

Re: Mars
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam Ski (Post 837046)
I'm glad you liked it. There is no Mars God :lol: but there's quite a few space probes there and on the Moon. I love to see all the great views we get from them.

Here's one of a star >>
http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/200...ri_468x318.jpg

They do look good from space! This is from The Mail

Blah blah blah...
There is one God plain and simple. Why would you ask a silly question like is God real? of course He is! Is the moon made of cheese?

2 Samuel 7:22 Wherefore thou art great, O Lord God: for there is none like thee, neither is there any God beside thee, according to all that we have heard with our ears.

See, son? There is only ONE God and He is very real, and he will be sending the unsaved to Hell if they do not repent of their evil ways. Praise Jesus that you have found this forum before it was too late! First step: get a copy of The King James Version 1611 Bible - read it very carefully and thoroughly and believe every word you read. I'll be praying for you.

Adam Fag 01-15-2012 01:40 AM

Re: Mars
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Redeemed Papist (Post 837048)
Yes, stars are tiny lights on the firmament. That looks about right. Who sneezed on your camera lens?

They're just not close but once you leave the Earth they are clear, as we see there. I love that bright star. It's just like the Sun but so far off and I think "are there men there too?"

We'll go there soon, too. I'm sure of that.

Rev. M. Rodimer 01-15-2012 01:44 AM

Re: Mars
 
I'm not sure I understand the obsession with Mars. Are you a Mormon who hopes to colonize it after death or something? :lol:

Pastor Isaac Peters 01-15-2012 01:49 AM

Re: Mars
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam Ski (Post 837053)
I love that bright star. It's just like the Sun....

No, it's not.

1 Cor. 15:41:[There is] one glory of the sun, and another glory of the moon, and another glory of the stars: for [one] star differeth from [another] star in glory.

Wide-Open 01-15-2012 02:27 AM

Re: Mars
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam Ski (Post 837053)
I love that bright star. It's just like the Sun but so far off and I think "are there men there too?"

Let me get this straight: you think there are men on the ... sun? :unsure:

I think you'll find that even sickular scientists would snort when you'd put this question in front of them.

You can't live on a big piece of burning coal friend. :taunt:

Adam Fag 01-15-2012 04:49 AM

Re: Mars
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wide-Open (Post 837080)
Let me get this straight: you think there are men on the ... sun? :unsure:

I think you'll find that even sickular scientists would snort when you'd put this question in front of them.

You can't live on a big piece of burning coal friend. :taunt:

Yes I can see where you've gone wrong. No I don't think there's men on the Sun, we live on the Earth but there are lots more "Earths" (and their "Suns" which are the stars) where men can live too. If we go there we'll meet them but they may have come to our world. They could have met Earth girls here too. I'm quite sure that we'il go to the stars one day. It's like a new New World. We can see where we want to go but it's hard to get there. The old New World was one you could go to (in a boat) but could not see.
Our star (the Sun) has a mind. We are that mind. When we long to see all those Suns up close, to go there in our space ships and talk to who lives there, it's the Sun's mind that longs to do those things. If you want to call that "God" you can. I don't. I call it the Sun. It's the source of all life but it's not a God. No space craft has found one of those yet. There's none to find.

Pastor Ezekiel 01-15-2012 04:53 AM

Re: Mars
 
You are supposed to introduce yourself in the "Introductions" section of the forum, so that we can properly greet you. Tell us about yourself, your church, and how you came to find Jesus.

And if you're here to flame us, better take a look at THIS before making an even bigger ass out of yourself. :rtfm:

PrayerWarrior 01-15-2012 04:59 AM

Re: Mars
 
Hello Adam! Nice to meet you. I appreciate your sharing and curiosity in the heavens! God's universe is beautiful.

"In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth... God saw all that he had made, and it was very good." (Genesis 1:1, 31)

Adam Fag 01-15-2012 05:11 AM

Re: Mars
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pastor Ezekiel (Post 837116)
You are supposed to introduce yourself in the "Introductions" section of the forum, so that we can properly greet you. Tell us about yourself, your church, and how you came to find Jesus.

And if you're here to flame us, better take a look at THIS before making an even bigger ass out of yourself. :rtfm:

Yes, I read that. I thought that I'd post some things I like to think on (and some pics) to get to know you all and see if there was a space club here. But that's not all I think of.

The posts have been nice so far, just to say "Hi" :)

Pastor Ezekiel 01-15-2012 05:12 AM

Re: Mars
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam Ski (Post 837128)
Yes, I read that. I thought that I'd post some things I like to think on (and some pics) to get to know you all and see if there was a space club here. But that's not all I think of.

The posts have been nice so far, just to say "Hi" :)

Not interested. Noncompliance will result in eternal damnation. Comply now or face the consequences. :threaten:


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:36 AM.

Powered by Jesus - vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Landover Baptist Forums © 1620, 2022 all rights reserved