X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How couples meet, 1940 VS today

1. I'm a bit confused by "family", does this refer to incest, or just arranged marriage?

2. Surprised to find "had no cash to pay pizza delivery guy" and similar situations is not significant enough to be on the chart. It seems movies have lied to us about this.

3. What's with the bar scene suddenly becoming more effective? Is it all those new date rape drugs?

4. This whole thing is misleading because there are more singles/virgins/shut-ins than ever before, but they aren't counted. Some of the things that appear to be increasing might actually not be. They could fix this by adding "bought her from wifu-pillow.com" to the chart.
    Last edited by Jeb Stuart Thurmond; 05-12-2022, 11:21 AM.
    Disagree? By failing to register and debate me, you prove that liberals are factless frauds who only persuade through intimidation. To prove otherwise, debate me!
    Got Questions? See Frequently Asked Questions, or use Forum Search, tag system, or our guides on Geography, History, Science, Comparative Religion, Civics, and Current Events.
    Did I use a new word you've never heard? Definitions here. | Vote! Everything you need to vote here!

Re: How couples meet, 1940 VS today

This is, indeed, a sad commentary on life outside of Freehold. The green line, "met in church" is low and going lower. Really, the only safe place to meet a genuine Christian is in church. We have a few single members at Landover Baptist. Hint, hint.
    Isaiah 24:1-3 Behold, the LORD maketh the earth empty (2)...as the taker of usury, so with the giver of usury to him. (3) The land shall be utterly emptied, and utterly spoiled: for the LORD hath spoken his word.

Comment

I am a Catholic good Christian priest, and I met my life partner in my diocese in the late 20's. He was one of my altar boys and it was instant love at first sight. My Bishop helped us cover our wonderful relationship until he was 18 and now we are happily married (in Argentina) and I can carry on my work here in the U.S. Bless Jesus!

Comment

Originally posted by ingoodposs View Post
        I am a Catholic good Christian priest, and I met my life partner in my diocese in the late 20's. He was one of my altar boys and it was instant love at first sight. My Bishop helped us cover our wonderful relationship until he was 18 and now we are happily married (in Argentina) and I can carry on my work here in the U.S. Bless Jesus!
        Catholic? Yes. Christian? No. Good? Not a chance.
        His left hand should be under my head, and his right hand should embrace me.

Guns For God and the Economy

Comment

Originally posted by ingoodposs View Post
          Catholic priest + altar boys + unsavory shenanigans = ETERNITY IN .

Really — you should know better; yet, you continue to celebrate sin!

Hebrews 10:26,27:
          26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,
          27 But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.

(Mrs.) Isabella White

Hebrews 10:19 "Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus"

Comment

I have met a lot of women during the China Flu. When women see you without a mask they automatically know you are strong and can be trusted. You need to get out and talk to people. Not the ones hiding inside; they're the ones dating online and playing video games together.

Send PM if you want to know more.
            May you be a blessing to every life you touch.

Comment

I seem to recall I met my wife, Mrs. Hutchins at Church. We were introduced by the Pastor. She had wide hips and a full bosom, good for birthing.
              It is funny, I can never remember what her first name was, though she responded to 'Woman!!!' She bore me many sons and unfortunately a few daughters. A few were born dead and we put them in mason jars, setting them on the mantle as a reminder of her failures. God took her a few years back, I believe.
              Isaiah 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.
              Amos 3:6 Shall a trumpet be blown in the city, and the people not be afraid? shall there be evil in a city, and the LORD hath not done it?
              Numbers 21:6 And the LORD sent fiery serpents among the people, and they bit the people; and much people of Israel died.
              Matthew 10:34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.
              Matthew 10:35 For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.
              Matthew 10:36 And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.

Comment

There really are only two proper ways for a man to meet his future wife--to meet her at church, then arrange the marriage with her father, or to rape her, in which case the Bible tells us that asking the father is no longer required:

If a man find a damsel that is a virgin, which is not betrothed, and lay hold on her, and lie with her, and they be found; Then the man that lay with her shall give unto the damsel's father fifty shekels of silver, and she shall be his wife; because he hath humbled her, he may not put her away all his days. -- Deuteronomy 22:28-29

Of course, rape is a kind of fornication, and the Bible forbids fornication, so we don't recommend this method. Which is why all girls and young women need to dress modestly, lest they tempt some man into sin.

This is as true today as it was in 1940, 1840, and any other year you can think of that ends in 40 since the time of Christ Jesus.
                The Christian Right: The Only Right Way to Be a Christian!

Comment

Originally posted by WWJDnow View Post
                  or to rape her, in which case the Bible tells us that asking the father is no longer required:
                  This is actually a good idea. I'm really defenseless and anything can happen. Not to mention, my pa's slow with paperwork, so ...

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Kate View Post
                    This is actually a good idea. I'm really defenseless and anything can happen. Not to mention, my pa's slow with paperwork, so ...
                    Checkmate feminists. Women DO ask for it all the time. A fair number of women on Tinder and Bumble asking to be choked too, or so I've heard from non-Christians who use those kind of apps. Kate, what you need to do is keep going to church with your parents and attend sanctioned events held by your congregation. Eventually, once all the other girls have been picked, some young man will have no choice but to ask your father for your hand in marriage. I'm thinking that a blind man for Deaf Kate would be a match made in Heaven.
                    I was sinking deep in sin far from the peaceful shore,
                    Very deeply stained within, sinking to rise no more;
                    But the Master of the Sea heard my despairing cry,
                    From the waters lifted me, now safe am I!

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis Lukes View Post
                      I'm thinking that a blind man for Deaf Kate would be a match made in Heaven.
                      I totally agree. That way when I fart in public, he won't know it was really me.

Comment

I don't know why croissants would need butter. They're 90% butter already. Have you tried juniper berries?

Comment

Originally posted by The Attention Seeker Jen
                          I also like to pop a bit of gouda and pecan in my batch, and so far, no complaints from the gentlemen!

We don't need to hear what sick acts you get up to in your bedroom, fattyboy!
                          I was sinking deep in sin far from the peaceful shore,
                          Very deeply stained within, sinking to rise no more;
                          But the Master of the Sea heard my despairing cry,
                          From the waters lifted me, now safe am I!

Comment

Originally posted by MitzaLizalor View Post
                            Have you tried juniper berries?
                            They do make a great drink (nalewka in a certain barbarian dialect) which is said to have medicinal properties. (Drinking it certainly makes one feel better, which is the basic tenet of medicine).

Ingredients:
                            1/2 cup dried juniper berries
                            2 cups vodka
                            2 tbsp honey

Preparation:
                            Crush berries and add vodka. Leave about 6 weeks in a dark, dry, cool environment.
                            Then add honey, mix and leave for another 2 weeks.
                            Filter, bottle, and drink.
                            God created fossils to test our faith.

My favorite LBC sermons:
                            True Christians are Perfect!
                            True Christian™ Love.
                            Salvation™ made Easy!
                            You can’t be a Christian if you don’t believe the Old Testament.
                            Jesus is impolite. Deal with it.
                            Jesus is xenophobic and so should we.
                            Sanctity of Life is NOT a Biblical Concept.
                            Biblical view on modern-day slavery.
                            The Immorality of the "Universal Declaration of Human Rights."
                            Geneva Conventions vs. The Holy Bible.
                            God HATES Rational Thinking!
                            True Christian™ Man as a spitting image of God.

Comment

Originally posted by Basilissa View Post
                              Crush berries and add vodka. Leave about 6 weeks in a dark, dry, cool environment.
                              Then add honey, mix and leave for another 2 weeks.
                              Filter, bottle, and drink.
                              So it's not ideal for a medical emergency? That said, assuming one has prepared it beforehand, does the victim drink the whole amount?
                              Vaccinated by the love of Jesus!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X