X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 3 Experiments You Can Do At Home that PROVE THE EARTH IS FLAT!

Originally posted by Vasilis View Post
    How you can know what God intended?
    Can't 4 corners be North, East, South, West? Bible is not literary written, it contains many parabolas and also Christ used to talk like this.
    Dear sinner from Grease. Let us assess these claims. Is the Bible to be taken literally?

2 Peter 1:20-21
    Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.

Your claim fails. The Bible is inerrant. What about Jesus Christ? Did He use to talk about the Bible and its reliability? Verily, He did! He often referred to Scripture (the OT) and presented its narrative as the fact it is! Here's a example, the Flood of Noah was a actual historical occurrence and Jesus confirms it!

Luke 17:27
    They did eat, they drank, they married wives, they were given in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark, and the flood came, and destroyed them all.

No, all the smart people haven't left because smart people keep being educated in Greece while growing up, so there were always be smart Greeks.
    Homosexuals want to go just to an island for the parties and that's all!
    Mykonos is like Ibiza. But Greece is not Mykonos.
    And who I am who is going to judge someone else?!?!?!
    If I remember correctly only God can judge people....
    Am I mistaken?
    No, Mykonos is not the whole of Grease, but Athens almost is. Its metropolitan area has approximately 3,750,000 inhabitants or one third of the population of the country. Athens is very eager to boast its tradition of "Greek Love" or παιδεραστία in its oft-repeated parade of Φεστιβάλ Υπερηφάνειας Αθήνας. Please, see below for proof!

Can only God judge people? Let us see!

John 7:24
    Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.

So it is not if we judge but how! Who are we going to judge? Let us see!

1 Corinthians 6:3
    Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life?

As you can see, God commands us to judge (in a righteous manner), even angels are going to be under True Christian™ judgement (that is our judgment). Even more, the mundane things as expressed in the verse above. Yours assertions fail miserably. Jesus wins, as expected!
    All the best from my office, while taking my lunch break.
    Have to return into my science now and get my PhD.
    Now this is a nice fallacious argument, a simple appeal to authority. The content of your post is the thing we assess, not your credentials. A Nobelist can also err. It is the study, the materials, the analyses and the conclusions that count. Basic philosophy of science, and it is sad to see it neglected in its country of origin. As you fail to know your Bible and present only guesses and claims, why should be believe your "science" when it comes to the shape of the Earth. Why should corners suddenly become smooth contours of a geoid?

Obviously, we trust Jesus as your education seems to be badly deficient. Still, there is hope. You can discard your evil ways and accept the invitation of Jesus! He asked you to join our Forum for a specific reason you know! Education! The many threads and posts on our Forum can nicely supplement your Bible Studies if you accept your ignorance and choose Christ!

Yours in Christ,

Elmer
    2 Kings 18:25 - Am I now come up without the LORD against this place to destroy it? The LORD said to me, Go up against this land, and destroy it.

PREPARE YOURSELF TO RAPTURE WITH THIS MANUAL!
    Check out our Research in Creation Science:

Comment

So you believe earth is flat?

Comment

Hi Vassilis, I'm not a True Christian, but I'm trying to get in my path of salvation.
        I'm really slow (1/16 injun) and I'm only on Leviticus so far; so please don't take my word for granted.
        What I do know, however, is that what we believe about this topic is not important. It does not matter if we believe if the earth is flat, round, square or is a giant turtle flying in space.
        What matters is what is told by God in the Bible (KJV 1611) Everything else is not important.
        And God said the Earth is flat. He would know, as he created it!
        1 Thessalonians 4:16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the TRUMP of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first.

Comment

Matthew 4:8
          Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them;

From a high mountain you can see the whole Earth. This is not possible if the world is a sphere. I believe in God's Word in the Bible and its inerrancy. The Bible doesn't lie.

If the Bible tells the Truth™, then the shape of the world is as told in the Bible. I do know that many scientific instruments and our senses can tell us otherwise. If we followed the evidence of our eyes and telescopes, the only possible conclusion would be a spherical Earth. However, God has warned us that we should not believe our senses. They are unreliable. God tests us all the time by making us believe false data.

2 Thessalonians 2:11
          And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion , that they should believe a lie:

The data that you are referring to are nothing but delusions. If we cannot trust the Bible in the basic concept of the world's shape, why should be believe in Resurrection, Redemption by the temporary Sacrifice of Jesus, Heaven or Hell either? They would become as unreliable as the Earth's shape. The shape of the world is as real as the Suffering of Jesus on the Cross.

Hence. I trust God and His Word. I dismiss my unreliable senses and the data produced by space probes. The world is as the Bible tells us. It is flat, because the Bible tells us so!

Yours in Christ,

Elmer
          2 Kings 18:25 - Am I now come up without the LORD against this place to destroy it? The LORD said to me, Go up against this land, and destroy it.

Comment

Originally posted by Unbridgeable View Post
            Hi Vassilis, I'm not a True Christian, but I'm trying to get in my path of salvation.
            I'm really slow (1/16 injun) and I'm only on Leviticus so far; so please don't take my word for granted.
            What I do know, however, is that what we believe about this topic is not important. It does not matter if we believe if the earth is flat, round, square or is a giant turtle flying in space.
            What matters is what is told by God in the Bible (KJV 1611) Everything else is not important.
            And God said the Earth is flat. He would know, as he created it!
            I don't read the Old Testament.

I agree with you! It is not important at all! Well done! That was the BEST answer. Thank you.

Comment

For a strange reason I believe earth is round and God exists, Heaven exists, angels exist...

and let Go judge me on that.

PS: referring to the notification received, I don't believe in 12 Greek gods!

Originally posted by Elmer G. White View Post
              Matthew 4:8
              Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them;

From a high mountain you can see the whole Earth. This is not possible if the world is a sphere. I believe in God's Word in the Bible and its inerrancy. The Bible doesn't lie.

If the Bible tells the Truth™, then the shape of the world is as told in the Bible. I do know that many scientific instruments and our senses can tell us otherwise. If we followed the evidence of our eyes and telescopes, the only possible conclusion would be a spherical Earth. However, God has warned us that we should not believe our senses. They are unreliable. God tests us all the time by making us believe false data.

2 Thessalonians 2:11
              And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion , that they should believe a lie:

The data that you are referring to are nothing but delusions. If we cannot trust the Bible in the basic concept of the world's shape, why should be believe in Resurrection, Redemption by the temporary Sacrifice of Jesus, Heaven or Hell either? They would become as unreliable as the Earth's shape. The shape of the world is as real as the Suffering of Jesus on the Cross.

Hence. I trust God and His Word. I dismiss my unreliable senses and the data produced by space probes. The world is as the Bible tells us. It is flat, because the Bible tells us so!

Yours in Christ,

Elmer

Comment

you have faith to things you can not prove or understand. I don't rely on faith in scientists! Scientist can prove that something exists/happens etc
                Yes, but, God doesn't like that:

1 Timothy 6:20 O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called:

Knowledge is not good:

1 Corinthians 8:1 Now as touching things offered unto idols, we know that we all have knowledge. Knowledge puffeth up, but charity edifieth.

That's basically because God created logic and the scientific method to be able to send more people to Hell:

1 Corinthians 1:27 But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;

1 Corinthians 3:18-20
                18 Let no man deceive himself. If any man among you seemeth to be wise in this world, let him become a fool, that he may be wise.
                19 For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness.
                20 And again, The Lord knoweth the thoughts of the wise, that they are vain.

Feel free to click on the link in my signature if you want to know more reasons why God hates rational thinking.

I have faith in Holy Spirit but I cannot prove it exists! That's the difference.
                The proof that you seek is in Holy Bible.

Though God made the oceans, God created these "disgusting creatures".
                Who are you who are going to judge God's creations?!?!?!
                Are you trying to convince me that you like the mosquitoes that give you the Zika virus and you like the fungi that infect you feet and you like the bacteria and viruses that give you other diseases?

I mean, you wouldn't like to judge God's creations, right?

Greeks kowtow images where saints are represented. It has been a whole war during Bynaztine ages about that!
                Yeah, but I do not think that the iconoclasts won that argument, dear.

We don;t worship the image but the person represented in it!
                That's an easy thing to say for a theologian or an intellectual, but if you ask simple people they'll tell you something else.

We own a lot to ancient Greeks.

I am Greek but not obsessed at all!
                It's called bias, dear.

How you can know what God intended?

Can't 4 corners be North, East, South, West? Bible is not literary written, it contains many parabolas and also Christ used to talk like this.
                Jesus is quite clear when He speaks in parables. However, saying that the Bible is not meant to be taken literary opens a door to way too many interpretations - including the interpretation that it was all just invented to make people feel better about themselves. Even without going to that extreme, how do you know which parts are to be treated literally and which not? Is the existence of Jesus to be treated literally? Are His Words (aside from parables) to be read literally? That is a dangerous slope and we do not accept any of that post-modernistic interpretations here.

And who I am who is going to judge someone else?!?!?!
                If I remember correctly only God can judge people....
                Am I mistaken?
                Yes.

I have addressed that problem in your introduction thread.
                God created fossils to test our faith.

My favorite LBC sermons:
                True Christians are Perfect!
                True Christian™ Love.
                Salvation™ made Easy!
                You can’t be a Christian if you don’t believe the Old Testament.
                Jesus is impolite. Deal with it.
                Jesus is xenophobic and so should we.
                Sanctity of Life is NOT a Biblical Concept.
                Biblical view on modern-day slavery.
                The Immorality of the "Universal Declaration of Human Rights."
                Geneva Conventions vs. The Holy Bible.
                God HATES Rational Thinking!
                True Christian™ Man as a spitting image of God.

Comment

Originally posted by Basilissa View Post
                  Yes, but, God doesn't like that:

1 Timothy 6:20 O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called:

Knowledge is not good:
                  It was Christ who asked Thomas to touch his hands to prove it was him, after his resurrection. He wanted to know by himself, not just to believe!

1 Corinthians 8:1 Now as touching things offered unto idols, we know that we all have knowledge. Knowledge puffeth up, but charity edifieth.

That's basically because God created logic and the scientific method to be able to send more people to Hell:

1 Corinthians 1:27 But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;

1 Corinthians 3:18-20
                  18 Let no man deceive himself. If any man among you seemeth to be wise in this world, let him become a fool, that he may be wise.
                  19 For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness.
                  20 And again, The Lord knoweth the thoughts of the wise, that they are vain.

Feel free to click on the link in my signature if you want to know more reasons why God hates rational thinking.

The proof that you seek is in Holy Bible.

Are you trying to convince me that you like the mosquitoes that give you the Zika virus and you like the fungi that infect you feet and you like the bacteria and viruses that give you other diseases?

I mean, you wouldn't like to judge God's creations, right?

Yeah, but I do not think that the iconoclasts won that argument, dear.

That's an easy thing to say for a theologian or an intellectual, but if you ask simple people they'll tell you something else.

It's called bias, dear.

Jesus is quite clear when He speaks in parables. However, saying that the Bible is not meant to be taken literary opens a door to way too many interpretations - including the interpretation that it was all just invented to make people feel better about themselves. Even without going to that extreme, how do you know which parts are to be treated literally and which not? Is the existence of Jesus to be treated literally? Are His Words (aside from parables) to be read literally? That is a dangerous slope and we do not accept any of that post-modernistic interpretations here.

Yes.

I have addressed that problem in your introduction thread.

Comment

It was Christ who asked Thomas to touch his hands to prove it was him, after his resurrection. He wanted to know by himself, not just to believe!

May I recommend you to read the New Testament (which you said you liked). Here is the passage in question. While it's always good to read the Scripture in context, I've conveniently highlighted the most relevant verses:

John 20:25-31
                    25 The other disciples therefore said unto him, We have seen the Lord. But he said unto them, Except I shall see in his hands the print of the nails, and put my finger into the print of the nails, and thrust my hand into his side, I will not believe.
                    26 And after eight days again his disciples were within, and Thomas with them: then came Jesus, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, Peace be unto you.
                    27 Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing.
                    28 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.
                    29 Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.
                    30 And many other signs truly did Jesus in the presence of his disciples, which are not written in this book:
                    31 But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

See? Believing without evidence, that what Jesus wants us to do!

My favorite LBC sermons:
                    True Christian™ Love.
                    Salvation™ made Easy!

Comment

I have faith in Holy Spirit but I cannot prove it exists! That's the difference.
                      Yes, but you're wrong about the Holy Spirit because you're wrong about Jesus, so you have faith in the wrong thing. I'm afraid, "I was misled" won't get you out of Damnation.

Though God made the oceans, God created these "disgusting creatures".
                      Who are you who are going to judge God's creations?!?!?!
                      First, God also made the protozoan parasites that cause Leishmaniasis. If anyone denies they're disgusting creatures, they have a rotting flesh fetish. Secondly, I am the Daughter of the King of Kings (2 Corinthians 6:18)! True Children of God are commanded to judge, and divinely equipped to do so correctly (John 7:24). This is so we can recognize what is righteous (1st Corinthians 5:13), lest we get confused and allow ourselves to be misled (Ephesians 5:11).
                      Greeks have their own language called Greek. They chant in Greek, but even if it was Russian what's the problem with that?!?!
                      They believe that Christ comes back and pops into a magic cracker, whereby the Russians think, because they're not so clever, that the most honorable thing to do in this situation is to eat Him, digest Him, and poop Him out.

We own a lot to ancient Greeks.
                      We don't owe a thing to the ancient Greeks. They stood in the way of Righteousness in the past, which is why early Christians destroyed their temples, art, and libraries (including one of the Wonders of the Ancient World, the Library in Alexandria), and they get in the way of Righteousness today. They should be destroyed again, and the LORD sees to it they suffer a slow and cruel death-by-obscurity-and-poverty.
                      Hello, my name is Mary. I hope to fellowship with you! That is, unless you don't listen to church authority (Deuteronomy 17:12); are a witch (Exodus 22:17); are a homosexual (Leviticus 20:13; Romans 1:24-32); or fortuneteller (Leviticus 20:27) or a snotty kid who hits their dad (Exodus 21:15); or curses their parents (Proverbs 20:20; Leviticus 20:9); an adulterer (Leviticus 20:10); a non-Christian (Exodus 22:19; Deuteronomy 13:7-12; Deuteronomy 17:2-5;Romans 1:24-32); an atheist (2 Chronicles 15:12-13); or false prophet (Zechariah 13:3); from the town of one who worships another, false god (Deuteronomy 13:13-19); were a non-virgin bride (Deuteronomy 22:20-21); or blasphemer (Leviticus 24:10-16), as God calls for your execution and will no doubt send you to Hell, and I have no interest developing a friendship with the Spiritually Walking Dead.

Comment

Yes, yes we do. It is clear and obvious and we really don't think about that too much. The sky is blue, the sun is hot in summer, the Earth is flat...Some things just don't need very much discussion.
                        God judgeth the righteous, And God is angry with the wicked every day- Psalm 7:11

Comment

You can’t be a Christian if you don’t believe the Old Testament. Why Jesus Himself is found in the Old Testament!
                          Hello, my name is Mary. I hope to fellowship with you! That is, unless you don't listen to church authority (Deuteronomy 17:12); are a witch (Exodus 22:17); are a homosexual (Leviticus 20:13; Romans 1:24-32); or fortuneteller (Leviticus 20:27) or a snotty kid who hits their dad (Exodus 21:15); or curses their parents (Proverbs 20:20; Leviticus 20:9); an adulterer (Leviticus 20:10); a non-Christian (Exodus 22:19; Deuteronomy 13:7-12; Deuteronomy 17:2-5;Romans 1:24-32); an atheist (2 Chronicles 15:12-13); or false prophet (Zechariah 13:3); from the town of one who worships another, false god (Deuteronomy 13:13-19); were a non-virgin bride (Deuteronomy 22:20-21); or blasphemer (Leviticus 24:10-16), as God calls for your execution and will no doubt send you to Hell, and I have no interest developing a friendship with the Spiritually Walking Dead.

Comment

Perhaps there IS hope for you. At least you seem to accept some basics!
                            For a strange reason I believe earth is round and God exists, Heaven exists, angels exist...
                            ...I don't believe in 12 Greek gods!
                            Of course these things exist. God is Real (Genesis 1:1), but probably the Pantheon of Grease was (is?) real also, as these false deities probably were (are?) demons that tried to keep the ancients away from the real God, Jesus!

James 2:19
                            Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.

But... There is a problem.
                            ...I don't rely on faith in scientists! Scientist can prove that something exists/happens etc

Your reliance on science. It may be chemistry in your case but the same methods to produce knowledge (that is what secular science is all about) form a package where you cannot extract just the "chemistry" or the "physics" or "cell biology". It is all there at the same time, same methods, same scrutiny, same reliability.

Or should I write unreliability, as it is all about statistics, as you must know if you're a secular scientist. Chemistry may be OK, but the same methods have produced structures that openly oppose everything that Jesus stands for. We thought for a long time that evolution was the worst they could get. We were wrong. By observing nature and the remains of the Flood (Genesis 7:6), the only reasonable conclusion is the heresy of billions of years, gradual change - unless you understand that all science is biased unless it takes into account the fact that the presence of Jesus is required at every level of the World in order to make it function. From the quantum phenomena of the atomic nucleus to the structure of the solid Firmament (Genesis 1:6).

Colossians 1:16-17
                            For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

Now, evolution is bad but it uses the same principles of investigation that your chemistry does. Still it is flawed and what does this tell you about your own discipline? And it actually is not the worst.

Far from it.

Nowadays, the secular humanities have adopted the methods and the rigorous modelling of "natural" sciences. History has joined the Black Parade of opposing Jesus. While you cannot prove or disprove (thank God!) God's existence with the secular method (you cannot prove an absolute negative as if God was a "negative"), you can get quite far regarding the historicity of Jesus. They've done just that. They've calculated the prior probability of there having been a historical figure such as Jesus and the probability of him being an invention. The delusion (Isaiah 66:4)is unprecedented. They've concluded that it is highly unlikely that Jesus ever existed on Earth!

The same science, the same methods, the Bayesian probabilities of prior probability and probability based on the scarce tangible evidence we have (manuscripts, the mention by Josephus that is apparently "fake" although it is clear that the one account by Josephus is real and the rest of his writings are fakes), comparison of Jesus to other figures that are either mythical or demons. And don't start on the criterion of embarrassment (why would anyone admit that the wannabe king was crucified in a humiliating manner if it wan'st true - well they couldn't have invented a heroic emperor king in Judea as someone would have immediately said that actually there wasn't a king called Jesus so they "had to" invent a "king in secret"). They say that if we accept Jesus, we should assess the historicity of Romulus, Proteus, Herakles in the same manner and acknowledge that there is as much or more "evidence" of their existence.

Same science. The same flawed method. If we accept it we cannot disregard the other stuff science does. If we do, our own science goes also into well-deserved oblivion.

You mention God, angels (Genesis 19:1, etc.) and Heaven (Genesis 1:8). What about Jesus? Can you eat the cake of secular science and spare it fir Jesus at the same time? You have to choose secular science or Jesus, because the science it its revolting atheist form can only lead to the conclusion that any Jesus was improbable and if He existed, any Divinity cannot be deduced from simple historicity.

There is a way out (John 14:6). Jesus. By turning into Godly Creation Science you can get rid of your biases. Creation Science understands that everything depends on the existence of Jesus. Observations are OK but after gaining the data, Creation Science carefully selects those pieces of information that re-enforce the inerrancy of the Bible and dismiss those that don't because they cannot be True™. God has told us so!

Hence, the world is still flat.

1 Timothy 6:20
                            O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called:

I was a privilege to teach you these basic facts of science and religion! Now you can join us in worship!

Yours in Christ,

Elmer

Comment

that's your opinion...

Originally posted by Mary Etheldreda View Post
                              Yes, but you're wrong about the Holy Spirit because you're wrong about Jesus, so you have faith in the wrong thing. I'm afraid, "I was misled" won't get you out of Damnation.

First, God also made the protozoan parasites that cause Leishmaniasis. If anyone denies they're disgusting creatures, they have a rotting flesh fetish. Secondly, I am the Daughter of the King of Kings (2 Corinthians 6:18)! True Children of God are commanded to judge, and divinely equipped to do so correctly (John 7:24). This is so we can recognize what is righteous (1st Corinthians 5:13), lest we get confused and allow ourselves to be misled (Ephesians 5:11).

They believe that Christ comes back and pops into a magic cracker, whereby the Russians think, because they're not so clever, that the most honorable thing to do in this situation is to eat Him, digest Him, and poop Him out.

We don't owe a thing to the ancient Greeks. They stood in the way of Righteousness in the past, which is why early Christians destroyed their temples, art, and libraries (including one of the Wonders of the Ancient World, the Library in Alexandria), and they get in the way of Righteousness today. They should be destroyed again, and the LORD sees to it they suffer a slow and cruel death-by-obscurity-and-poverty.

Comment

that's your opinion...
                                Dear, God's Word is not Mary's opinion. God created everything, including the evil things:

Isaiah 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things.

My favorite LBC sermons:
                                True Christian™ Love.
                                Salvation™ made Easy!

Comment

Working...
                                X