X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 50 shekels of silver in today's value?

Originally posted by phucker67 View Post
    I hope with enough exposure, Jesus will guide improved quality in my work.
    I think we've all had more than enough of the exposure, thank you.
    Vaccinated by the love of Jesus!!!

Comment

I am fresh to Landover and haven't had the luxury of having True Christianity rub off on me.
      Dear Mr. Hucker: I simply must comment on this statement, as you are in error here. I do so hope that you will not mind my clarifying the truth, for your benefit.

One does not have "True Christianity rub off" onto other people; it's not quite that simple. The glorious gift of Salvation by the shed of the is not received merely by associating with believers here at . Goodness, we have many, many visitors to our blessed corner of the interwebs and, yet, very few will accept the Truth for what It really is. This Redemption does not involve osmosis, Dear. It requires a recognition of one's sinful nature and how your sins (the very sins that you prefer to keep hidden) are the reason why the gave great Sacrifice on Calvary's cross, so that you could be saved from the fires of -- which you most definitely deserve.

Luke 23:33 "And when they were come to the place, which is called Calvary, there they crucified , and the malefactors, one on the right hand, and the other on the left."

Revelation 1:5 "And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto that loved us, and washed us from our sins in own blood".

Might I suggest that you devote a large portion of your day to reading, very carefully, the blessed -- instead of making unfounded assumptions that will only keep you on the highway to ?

(Mrs.) Isabella White
      Hebrews 10:19 "Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the of "

Comment

I see I am starting to acquire some silly awards which is quite disconcerting. One is a emotioncon with headache and another is a slimy lightbulb. Nonetheless, I will take them in stride, I know finance is a confusing matter, and being an old soul, many bulbs in my home are dim, borderline an orange glow.

I hope we can rectify this animosity, I don't wish to sue this wonderful church for libel.

Comment

I hope we can rectify this animosity, I don't wish to sue this wonderful church for libel.
          Oh, sweetie, the only person who is harming your reputation is yourself.
          God created fossils to test our faith.

My favorite LBC sermons:
          True Christians are Perfect!
          True Christian™ Love.
          Salvation™ made Easy!
          You can’t be a Christian if you don’t believe the Old Testament.
          Jesus is impolite. Deal with it.
          Jesus is xenophobic and so should we.
          Sanctity of Life is NOT a Biblical Concept.
          Biblical view on modern-day slavery.
          The Immorality of the "Universal Declaration of Human Rights."
          Geneva Conventions vs. The Holy Bible.
          God HATES Rational Thinking!
          True Christian™ Man as a spitting image of God.

Comment

I don't wish to sue this wonderful church for libel.
            Oh, my goodness! How you've brought great merriment to me, Mr. Hucker, with your very silly statement about suing ! When I read your statement, it caused me to laugh so much that I almost dropped my lovely Crown Derby tea plate with freshly-baked cranberry & orange scones! Your joke is of the same type as those which one used to see on those tabloid covers whilst waiting in line at the supermarket checkout (sample attached).

Dear me, I haven't laughed so hard in ages, and I can't wait to share this with the McGill Street ladies at this week's Prayer Meeting, Bible Study & Afternoon Tea & Social. I'm sure the laughter will be contagious! Sue ? Oh, pul-lease, Louise!

(Mrs.) Isabella White
            Hebrews 10:19 "Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the of "

Comment

If I do pursue the lawsuit, kindly pay in US dollars, not shekels, merci beaucoup. Also I intend to restore an appropriate photo of myself alone I'm fully discharged and return to port.

Comment

Goodness me, such a minor commotion! I assume our lawyers are still dealing with such frivolous claims with the reply given in the case of Arkell v. Pressdram?
                Vaccinated by the love of Jesus!!!

Comment

As an expert in theonomics, this is something I know all about. From my estimate, shekels are about as valuable as cockle shells today. In the mid-century, war drove all Jew endeavours and values to astronomically bottomless levels, and that includes the little chips they called currency. This was part of the plan -- wound them where it hurts, namely their money. Effectively, since the US ultimately won that war, the shekel cannot compare to the US dollar, I'd say not even 0.000051% a fraction of its initial value. When clients come to me, I don't even need to tell them to throw their shekels away as I don't take on Jew clients in the first place. So, for most normal people the shekel debate is a non-issue.
                  Perhaps it has escaped your astute economic mind that the Shekel as a currency unit did not exist until 1980? (I assume you're referring to the twentieth century.) Then it was not revalued until a mere fifteen years from the turn of the millennium. Prior to 1948 their nation did not exist. Perhaps you're getting confused with Pakistan? They've also existed since 1948 but had their own currency from the outset. If you're thinking of arbitrage FYI the international currency code (ISO 4217) for the Pakistan Rupee is PKR.
                  Last edited by MitzaLizalor; 07-27-2020, 01:55 PM.

Comment

Ma'am, it's not an enjoyable feeling being corrected, though I will confide, my theonomics books are under major peer review. As my next pursuit is a requisite essay to study the Bible, renounce my funny ways, and find Jesus for real, I hope to return with a broadened perspective to the subject.

Comment

Perhaps a good area for research may be the reasons why reimbursement using silver was commanded in the first place. Many instances come up using the OK search function at the KJV site, linked as follows:

Comment

HI. I have a question? Info: My girlfriend and I had pre-marrital sex many years ago. During a "fight", she left me, married another man, had two girls and divorce around the 7,8 year mark. She had been divorced or about 20 years now. We both were virgins when we slept together. Now, 33 years later, do i still need to pay the "bride-price" to clear my conscience or consider it "done" because she left me without my paying the bride-price first?

Comment

Originally posted by twinshapes3835 View Post
                          HI. I have a question? [...]
                          Hi Twinshapes,

How would people be able to tell if they don´t know you? Please be so kind to introduce yourself here. Tell us what church you go to and what your favorite Bible verse is and how you came to find Jesus.
                          Jeremiah 6:21 Therefore thus saith the LORD, Behold, I will lay stumblingblocks before this people, and the fathers and the sons together shall fall upon them; the neighbour and his friend shall perish.

Best wishes for the people in Ukraine.

Comment

Originally posted by twinshapes3835 View Post
                            HI. I have a question? Info: My girlfriend and I had pre-marrital sex many years ago. During a "fight", she left me, married another man, had two girls and divorce around the 7,8 year mark. She had been divorced or about 20 years now. We both were virgins when we slept together. Now, 33 years later, do i still need to pay the "bride-price" to clear my conscience or consider it "done" because she left me without my paying the bride-price first?
                            The bride price is paid to compensate the bride's father for the loss of his property, the daughter. If she refused to marry you, then you took no property from him and you do not need to pay the bride price. Her husband must pay. So that's the good news. The bad news? You need to be stoned to death for fornication.
                            The Christian Right: The Only Right Way to Be a Christian!

Comment

Originally posted by WWJDnow View Post
                              So that's the good news. The bad news? You need to be stoned to death for fornication.
                              No, the good news is that we can't stone him to death in this country (Titus 3:1). The bad news is that he's going to Hell for eternity when he dies even though that won't be happening at our hands.
                              I was sinking deep in sin far from the peaceful shore,
                              Very deeply stained within, sinking to rise no more;
                              But the Master of the Sea heard my despairing cry,
                              From the waters lifted me, now safe am I!

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis Lukes View Post
                                No, the good news is that we can't stone him to death in this country (Titus 3:1). The bad news is that he's going to Hell for eternity when he dies even though that won't be happening at our hands.
                                Why would he burn forever? He could just repent right? (2 Chronicles 7:14)
                                It is not like he insulted some holy spirit as in Matthew 12:31 or Absinthe.
                                Jeremiah 6:21 Therefore thus saith the LORD, Behold, I will lay stumblingblocks before this people, and the fathers and the sons together shall fall upon them; the neighbour and his friend shall perish.

Best wishes for the people in Ukraine.

Comment

Working...
                                X