X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Covid is the new excuse for lazy students

There used to be a time when students were punished for skipping classes.

Then Greta started ditching school and calling it a "strike," and that made her an international celebrity. So now it's called a "walk-out" and we're supposed to praise these lazy bums:

Students walk out over COVID-19 in-person learning conditions in schools
    Students are walking out of their classes in Boston, Chicago and other cities across the country in protest of in-person learning conditions as COVID-19 rages on.
    Public school students in Boston left their classrooms at 10:30 a.m. Friday to demand that local leaders take more initiative in reducing the spread of COVID-19 in schools and implement a two-week period for remote learning.
    Following the walk-out, students held a webinar to discuss their fears about the handling of the pandemic in schools. Students at the virtual event recounted their urge to take action and keep their fellow students, teachers and staff safe.
    Riiiight.... they just want to be safe.... let's keep reading:

They are demanding a two-week remote learning period, proper Personal Protective Equipment for teachers, adequate technology for remote learning and the cancellation of some standardized testing.
    This is what they really want. They are afraid of flunking the tests. Instead of studying for the exams by coming to class, they choose to skip the classes and demand to not take their exams.

And then people are surprised that the US is ranked so low when it comes to education:

The United States is not investing as much in human capital as other developed countries. As a result, its comparative advantage is falling behind. For example, U.S. students' math skills have remained stagnant for decades.

This means they are falling behind many other countries, such as Japan, Poland, and Ireland, which have greatly improved. In fact, U.S. test scores are now below the global average.

The Program for International Student Assessment tests 15-year-old students around the world and is administered by the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development. In 2018, when the test was last administered, the U.S. placed 11th out of 79 countries in science. It did worse in math, ranking 30th.
    Keep ditching classes, I mean, going on "strikes" and "walk-outs," kids, and your future is going to be the servers, secretaries, and janitors for foreign born professionals. Is this the today's version of the American Dream?
    God created fossils to test our faith.

My favorite LBC sermons:
    True Christians are Perfect!
    True Christian™ Love.
    Salvation™ made Easy!
    You can’t be a Christian if you don’t believe the Old Testament.
    Jesus is impolite. Deal with it.
    Jesus is xenophobic and so should we.
    Sanctity of Life is NOT a Biblical Concept.
    Biblical view on modern-day slavery.
    The Immorality of the "Universal Declaration of Human Rights."
    Geneva Conventions vs. The Holy Bible.
    God HATES Rational Thinking!
    True Christian™ Man as a spitting image of God.

Re: Covid is the new excuse for lazy students

Sister, it's not only students. It's the servers, janitors, secretaries too - and teachers. In fact most workers I encounter are thoroughly nasty people that do not know the value of $7.25.

When I was studying, I had to take out loans to cover expenses and travel, and my father was no slouch trying to get his money back - he used to get on my case about for years afterwards until I inherited the family business and it became moot.

The point is, now I'm the boss I can see his perspective. Lazy bums will always find an excuse not to work.
    If I have seen further, it is by standing on the heads of others.

Comment

Math tests cause Covid is another version of "My dog ate my term paper." Shape up and get to work, slacker students.
      Isaiah 24:1-3 Behold, the LORD maketh the earth empty (2)...as the taker of usury, so with the giver of usury to him. (3) The land shall be utterly emptied, and utterly spoiled: for the LORD hath spoken his word.

Comment

Originally posted by Johny Joe Hold View Post
        Math tests cause Covid is another version of "My dog ate my term paper." Shape up and get to work, slacker students.
        There is always mathematics done as interpretive dance

Comment

Haha.. Yeah, That's true!

Comment

Students have also taken to organizing terrorist acts to skip out on their learning. Such is the permeation of godlessness in our society.
            READ THE BIBLE

Comment

Originally posted by Basilissa View Post
              There used to be a time when students were punished for skipping classes.
              There was also a time when things got changed by people changing things. Another new excuse for not doing anything is because "sit in the middle of the road and stop anyone else from doing anything either," such as implementing the changes being protested over demonstrated in support of.

For example, there was a time when there were no Churches in Iowa. Did people protest, disrupting cattle and so on, chanting moronically, lighting little campfires and playing stupid music? Spreading lice? Not washing? No. They got busy implementing the change they wanted i.e. they built Churches. Did Rockefeller stage a "love in" to get more oil? No. He built oil refineries.

Covid is just the latest excuse for inaction, dressed up as "activism" – I doubt they even know what the word means. They could probably use it a sentence but then they wouldn't know what the sentence meant, either.

Comment

Working...
              X