X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Why Roman Catholic Papists Are NOT Christians

Originally posted by Cbeck29 View Post
    ...Also, since you take the bible so literally, I should point out that you must accept anyone if you want that good ol' baptist version of heaven. 1 John 3:15-16 makes it pretty clear.
    1 John 3:15-16 "Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him. 16Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren."

Wow. Is your Bible made out of this stuff?

The Scripture you quoted is plainly referring to fellow Christians, not the whole world.

Comment

I am honored to be conversing with a man with whom God himself has shared his thoughts and feelings. Unless you are talking about the Bible, in which case you're not so special. I have a bible. I can also read it. However, I can't just interpret it any way I want. Lucky for you, your boy Luther made up that everyone can have their own accurate interpretation of the Bible. Unfortunately for me, I have remained tethered to the church which compiled and finalized the canon of the very bible which you use. The bible that you are using against Catholics, was compiled and edited by Catholics themselves.
      So why does it so such a poor job of backing up Catholic dogmas, doctrines, and practices?
      This church is dedicated to preaching True Christianity™ and the King James Bible exactly as they are, with no alterations to make them more politically correct for modern liberals. If you think that we've misquoted or twisted Scripture or quoted any verse out of context, please explain in detail how we've done so. Otherwise, if what you read on this site offends you, then you're offended by Almighty God and His Word, not by us.

Questions to ask liberal "Christians"Things that the Bible doesn't sayTolerance

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pastor Isaac Peters View Post
        Yes, and yours centers on a false goddess based very loosely on Mary as described in the Bible.

A Christian is someone who believes in Jesus Christ, God's only begotten Son (John 3:16-18), and does the will of the Father in Heaven (Matthew 7:21-23). If you believe in Mary as mediatrix, then you deny that Jesus is Who the Bible says He is (1 Timothy 2:5) and thus deny Him. If you believe in the continuing sacrifice of the Mass, then you deny that Jesus accomplished what the Bible says He accomplished (Hebrews 10:10) and thus deny Him. If you bow to statues or icons of Mary, you are not doing the will of the Father in Heaven (Exodus 20:4-6).

Your turn. How do you define a Christian? Are Mormons Christians under your definition?
        We continue the sacrifice of the mass because Jesus himself asks all of his followers to do so. Luke 22:19 "in remembrance of me" it's cute that you think Catholicism revolves around Mary only.
        And yes, I would define Mormonism as a sect of Christianity. It isn't anywhere close to Catholicism, or Protestantism, but they definitely "believe in Jesus Christ, God's only begotten son"
        Take a moment to stop thumping the bible and start being a little more open minded Romans 12:2

Comment

We continue the sacrifice of the mass because Jesus himself asks all of his followers to do so. Luke 22:19 "in remembrance of me" it's cute that you think Catholicism revolves around Mary only.
          And yes, I would define Mormonism as a sect of Christianity. It isn't anywhere close to Catholicism, or Protestantism, but they definitely "believe in Jesus Christ, God's only begotten son"
          Take a moment to stop thumping the bible and start being a little more open minded Romans 12:2
          So anyway, we know you Catholics hate the Bible and love your catechism but is there any chance you could give a definitive opinion on why we shouldn't be gay?
          sigpic
          Isaiah 34:6 The sword of the LORD is filled with blood, it is made fat with fatness, and with the blood of lambs and goats, with the fat of the kidneys of rams: for the LORD hath a sacrifice in Bozrah, and a great slaughter in the land of Idumea.

John 5:46,47 For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me: for he wrote of me. But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words?

Join me in scoffing at backwards Muslims clinging to their beliefs in the face of the evidence!
          The truth about volcanos
          Sex and debauchery in public schools
          Faith wins over science (explained for even the very stupid)
          God Cures AIDS - GLORY!
          Desert whale bones prove Great Flood once and for all.

Comment

We continue the sacrifice of the mass because Jesus himself asks all of his followers to do so. Luke 22:19 "in remembrance of me"
            Yes, in remembrance of Him. He never says, "The Holy Spirit will just be yanking your chain when He reveals that Hebrews 10:10 bit."

You don't get to cherry-pick only those verses of Scripture that back up your preconceived notions. You have to believe in all of it.

it's cute that you think Catholicism revolves around Mary only.
            If you had a real argument, you wouldn't have to resort to fallacies, of which appeal to ridicule is one. If Catholics want us to believe that their faith doesn't revolve around Mary, they need to do less telling and more showing.

Romans 12:2: And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what [is] that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

So what's the "good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God," if not what the Bible says it is? How do you know?
            This church is dedicated to preaching True Christianity™ and the King James Bible exactly as they are, with no alterations to make them more politically correct for modern liberals. If you think that we've misquoted or twisted Scripture or quoted any verse out of context, please explain in detail how we've done so. Otherwise, if what you read on this site offends you, then you're offended by Almighty God and His Word, not by us.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Redeemed Papist View Post
              So anyway, we know you Catholics hate the Bible and love your catechism but is there any chance you could give a definitive opinion on why we shouldn't be gay?
              Since you ask about the catechism, I shall tell you exactly what my ring-kissing bretheren and I preach.
              From the catechism:

2357 Homosexuality refers to relations between men or between women who experience an exclusive or predominant sexual attraction toward persons of the same sex. It has taken a great variety of forms through the centuries and in different cultures. Its psychological genesis remains largely unexplained. Basing itself on Sacred Scripture, which presents homosexual acts as acts of grave depravity,141 tradition has always declared that "homosexual acts are intrinsically disordered."142 They are contrary to the natural law. They close the sexual act to the gift of life. They do not proceed from a genuine affective and sexual complementarity. Under no circumstances can they be approved.

2358 The number of men and women who have deep-seated homosexual tendencies is not negligible. This inclination, which is objectively disordered, constitutes for most of them a trial. They must be accepted with respect, compassion, and sensitivity. Every sign of unjust discrimination in their regard should be avoided. These persons are called to fulfill God's will in their lives and, if they are Christians, to unite to the sacrifice of the Lord's Cross the difficulties they may encounter from their condition.

2359 Homosexual persons are called to chastity. By the virtues of self-mastery that teach them inner freedom, at times by the support of disinterested friendship, by prayer and sacramental grace, they can and should gradually and resolutely approach Christian perfection.

So there you have it. It's wrong, it's unnatural, but if you can remain chaste, then you too can be a Christian. Even if they're not quite "true Christians," a type of Christian which I'm sure is derived directly from the KJV bible and not added on my a mere mortal Deuteronomy 4:2

Comment

Since you ask about the catechism, I shall tell you exactly what my ring-kissing bretheren and I preach.
                From the catechism:

2357 Homosexuality refers to relations between men or between women who experience an exclusive or predominant sexual attraction toward persons of the same sex. It has taken a great variety of forms through the centuries and in different cultures. Its psychological genesis remains largely unexplained. Basing itself on Sacred Scripture, which presents homosexual acts as acts of grave depravity,141 tradition has always declared that "homosexual acts are intrinsically disordered."142 They are contrary to the natural law. They close the sexual act to the gift of life. They do not proceed from a genuine affective and sexual complementarity. Under no circumstances can they be approved.

2358 The number of men and women who have deep-seated homosexual tendencies is not negligible. This inclination, which is objectively disordered, constitutes for most of them a trial. They must be accepted with respect, compassion, and sensitivity. Every sign of unjust discrimination in their regard should be avoided. These persons are called to fulfill God's will in their lives and, if they are Christians, to unite to the sacrifice of the Lord's Cross the difficulties they may encounter from their condition.

2359 Homosexual persons are called to chastity. By the virtues of self-mastery that teach them inner freedom, at times by the support of disinterested friendship, by prayer and sacramental grace, they can and should gradually and resolutely approach Christian perfection.
                Who made that up then?
                sigpic
                Isaiah 34:6 The sword of the LORD is filled with blood, it is made fat with fatness, and with the blood of lambs and goats, with the fat of the kidneys of rams: for the LORD hath a sacrifice in Bozrah, and a great slaughter in the land of Idumea.

John 5:46,47 For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me: for he wrote of me. But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words?

Join me in scoffing at backwards Muslims clinging to their beliefs in the face of the evidence!
                The truth about volcanos
                God Cures AIDS - GLORY!

Comment

Originally posted by Pastor Isaac Peters View Post
                  Yes, in remembrance of Him. He never says, "The Holy Spirit will just be yanking your chain when He reveals that Hebrews 10:10 bit."

You don't get to cherry-pick only those verses of Scripture that back up your preconceived notions. You have to believe in all of it.

If you had a real argument, you wouldn't have to resort to fallacies, of which appeal to ridicule is one. If Catholics want us to believe that their faith doesn't revolve around Mary, they need to do less telling and more showing.

Romans 12:2: And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what [is] that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

So what's the "good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God," if not what the Bible says it is? How do you know?
                  pastor, you pick and choose bible verses like no other. If I had a nickel for every time you've thrown that vague Hebrews 10 at me, I'd probably have a dollar. You can't ignore verses that I bring to the table, just as I can't ignore yours...
                  Numerous times I have stated that Catholicism centers around Jesus rather than Mary, but it has fallen on deaf ears.
                  John 6:40 states the will of God. You don't need a medal next to your username to guarantee your salvation. You only need to believe. Mormons, you, me, see you in heaven. Pease do not respond with anything about Mary, I'm tired of defending the poor saint, :isurrender:
                  Who made that up then?
                  Papist, rapist swine. Unfortunately those are the only words you seem to be able to read, so I will refer to priests as such for the sake of your understanding my posts.....

Comment

Papist, rapist swine. Unfortunately those are the only words you seem to be able to read, so I will refer to priests as such for the sake of your understanding my posts.....
                    So in other words people had some thoughts about what God meant and wrote them down from a position of authority and expected everyone to accept them without question even when they contradict or embellish the Bible?

And yet the word of God was already there. Perfect and infallible and unambiguous and in no need of interpretation it shines as the definitive actually not made up word of god and our only reliable evidence of how God wants us to behave.

And yet this is not good enough?
                    sigpic

The truth about volcanos
                    God Cures AIDS - GLORY!

Comment

So in other words people had some thoughts about what God meant and wrote them down from a position of authority and expected everyone to accept them without question even when they contradict or embellish the Bible?

And yet the word of God was already there. Perfect and infallible and unambiguous and in no need of interpretation it shines as the definitive actually not made up word of god and our only reliable evidence of how God wants us to behave.

And yet this is not good enough?
                      These positions, that homosexuality is wrong,,,, are supported by you. And your bible? What are you trying to argue? Or are you trying to agree with me

Comment

These positions, that homosexuality is wrong,,,, are supported by you. And your bible? What are you trying to argue? Or are you trying to agree with me
                        I'm pointing out that you reach for your catechism which is palpably made up by men rather than your Bible which is not.

Why is this?
                        sigpic

The truth about volcanos
                        God Cures AIDS - GLORY!

Comment

pastor, you pick and choose bible verses like no other. If I had a nickel for every time you've thrown that vague Hebrews 10 at me, I'd probably have a dollar.
                          So tell me what it means already, or at least tell me what's so vague about it. It seems pretty clear to me.

You can't ignore verses that I bring to the table, just as I can't ignore yours...
                          In case you haven't noticed, I and others have shown you how you've misinterpreted and misapplied verses, and you've ignored us.

John 6:40 states the will of God.
                          So the rest of Scripture, which also purports to state the will of God, is there just to prop up a wobbly table?

sigpic

Comment

I'm pointing out that you reach for your catechism which is palpably made up by men rather than your Bible which is not.

Why is this?
                            I have just realised that she is correct. It's all because of papal infallibility. It must be true, the pope said and he can't be wrong because he's the pope
                            Genesis 22:2 And he said, Take now thy son, thine only son Isaac, whom thou lovest, and get thee into the land of Moriah; and offer him there for a burnt offering upon one of the mountains which I will tell thee of.

sigpic

I know God wouldn't let me believe in Him if He didn't exist.

Comment

Why is this?
                              Originally posted by Jack O'fagan View Post
                              I have just realised that she is correct. It's all because of papal infallibility. It must be true, the pope said and he can't be wrong because he's the pope
                              So then who did write the bible? God himself, sharpened a pencil and wrote the bible, naming the chapters after men? False. Men, the same race who wrote the catechism, wrote the bible as well. In fact, catholic saints such as Peter and Paul donated their words to the bible. Of course, they we inspired by god, but nonetheless men wrote them. The books written were then deemed canon by the Council of ROME in the 4th century, and became the bible you use today.
                              In conclusion, God did not write the bible. Men wrote it. Catholic men with whose statues I shall now fornicate.

Comment

Those religions center around different false gods.
                                False gods like Mary, right? I'm glad we agree, and that you're going to immediately stop praying to Mary, whether as worship, or as your "mediatrix".

1 Timothy 2:5
                                For there is one God, and one
                                mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

Note: Jesus. Not "Christ Jesus and His mommy."
                                Originally posted by Roberta View Post
                                Not on Friday--that's Bingo time.
                                If crackers turn to "Magical Jesusburger Sliders" after swallowing . . .

And Catholics are supposed to abstain from meat on Fridays . . .

Can they take communion on Fridays?
                                I have a bible. I can also read it. However, I can't just interpret it any way I want.
                                Then why do you ignore what it plainly says?
                                Originally posted by Jack O'fagan View Post
                                That's what they say.
                                Infallibility belongs in a special way to the pope as head of the bishops (Matt. 16:17–19; John 21:15–17). As Vatican II remarked, it is a charism the pope "enjoys in virtue of his office, when, as the supreme shepherd and teacher of all the faithful, who confirms his brethren in their faith (Luke 22:32), he proclaims by a definitive act some doctrine of faith or morals. Therefore his definitions, of themselves, and not from the consent of the Church, are justly held irreformable, for they are pronounced with the assistance of the Holy Spirit, an assistance promised to him in blessed Peter."
                                What about when the next pope says the last one was wrong? Does that mean the Holy Spirit has changed His mind?
                                Bible boring? Nonsense!
                                Try Bible in a Year with Brother V, or join Shirlee and the kids as they discuss Real Bible Stories!
                                You can't be a Christian if you don't know God's Word!

Comment

Working...
                                X