X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Scientific proof the Earth is flat!

Originally posted by Didymus Much View Post
    You're claiming to be able to see something that's 45m across from hundreds of thousands of kilometers away? Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. <backing away slowly>

Well yeah. If you'd actually try it instead of dismissing it right away without consideration, a even a small asteroid 50 yards across could be seen in the sky as a small star-like point. I actually don't really think you'd be able to see it with your naked eye, as it's probably around the 9th-11th magnitude, but with my 10 inch reflector telescope I have no doubt in my mind.

And shut the Jesus up about "demons in the telescope render it inaccurate." It's a pathetic way to discount something as legitimate as a telescope. If I build my own telescope, how did the demon get there? You're sounding like a lunatic.
    A whip for the horse, a bridle for the ass, and a rod for the fool's back. Proverbs 26:3

Comment

I don't know how this has escaped your notice so far, but as this is a Baptist church's website, the KJV Bible is the standard of proof here.
      D-M, even though you fail to accept Jesus Christ as your Personal Savior, you realize that you are probably wrong about your lack of faith and therefore maintain an open mind.
      As you know, I went to Princeton, and among my various accomplishments acquired there, one was a Masters in Organic Chemistry. Screeeeeech-Stop the bus!!!! Organic chemistry (I can hear you from here). Why, You ask? Well, I did it because I too, have an open mind. Even though countless scholars have proved and accepted the Bible as The Truth, I had to be honest with myself and all those that have come SINCE Jesus claiming God is total bunk.
      I had to look for myself. What better a way to do so than to study what is purported to be one of the building blocks of secular life. Try as I might, mixing compounds in all the currently considered correct proportions, I was never able to get a person to crawl, let alone walk out of a beaker. I originally proposed my thesis on this very point but it was turned down. Instead, I wrote one on the undetectable toxicity of certain compounds in otherwise healthy subjects.
      So you can see, I gave secular 'theorists' all the time of day and night to prove their cases. All I really found were 'educated guesses' over the years that constantly refuted previous 'theories'. I have little doubt that tomorrow 'science' will claim we all came from Pluto (the planet, not the Disney creature). Next year, it will be something else.
      I plan to stick with the never changing Word of God. Six Thousand years of consistency.
      Isaiah 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.
      Amos 3:6 Shall a trumpet be blown in the city, and the people not be afraid? shall there be evil in a city, and the LORD hath not done it?
      Numbers 21:6 And the LORD sent fiery serpents among the people, and they bit the people; and much people of Israel died.
      Matthew 10:34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.
      Matthew 10:35 For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.
      Matthew 10:36 And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.

Comment

Originally posted by Terrance_ View Post
        Well yeah. If you'd actually try it instead of dismissing it right away without consideration, a even a small asteroid 50 yards across could be seen in the sky as a small star-like point. I actually don't really think you'd be able to see it with your naked eye, as it's probably around the 9th-11th magnitude, but with my 10 inch reflector telescope I have no doubt in my mind.

And shut the Jesus up about "demons in the telescope render it inaccurate." It's a pathetic way to discount something as legitimate as a telescope. If I build my own telescope, how did the demon get there? You're sounding like a lunatic.
        Sounds to me like someone needs to clean their glasses....
        Asteroids, that is a video game. In the upper firmament are the Moon, Sun of coal,m and stars of diamonds. Above that is Heaven.
        The ball of fire God tossed at the commies yesterday was well over due for their despicable ways.
        Isaiah 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.
        Amos 3:6 Shall a trumpet be blown in the city, and the people not be afraid? shall there be evil in a city, and the LORD hath not done it?
        Numbers 21:6 And the LORD sent fiery serpents among the people, and they bit the people; and much people of Israel died.
        Matthew 10:34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.
        Matthew 10:35 For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.

Comment

I don't know how this has escaped your notice so far, but as this is a Baptist church's website, the KJV Bible is the standard of proof here.
          ... which is why it's impossible to argue logically. But what's funny is that I can post a Bible verse, and then somebody else will post a Bible verse to counter mind. But if we're both using the same source, the Bible, it's contradictory. So which one is right? Different Bible authors write about the same thing in different ways.

Would that render the whole book inaccurate? Don't try to argue no, because it does.

Having disproved their only source of evidence, science and logic wins.

I don't feel like there's much left to debate here except maybe some butthurt false christian posting some Bible verses about me going to Hell. LOL
          A whip for the horse, a bridle for the ass, and a rod for the fool's back. Proverbs 26:3

Comment

Originally posted by James Hutchins View Post
            Sounds to me like someone needs to clean their glasses....
            Asteroids, that is a video game. In the upper firmament are the Moon, Sun of coal,m and stars of diamonds. Above that is Heaven.
            The ball of fire God tossed at the commies yesterday was well over due for their despicable ways.
            Sounds to me like this man is living in his own fantasy world.
            Here's how it works; the Sun is the largest object in the solar system, as it sits at the center. The planets revolve around it in elliptical orbits, mercury, venus earth mars jupiter saturn uranus neptune. There are asteroid belts filled with space rock that hasn't yet formed into a planet or planets. Go out further and theres hundreds of thousands of billions upon billions of solar systems, existing in clusters and spirals of stars called galaxies. ( Let me know if you want me to slow down for you )

These galaxies are REAL. I've SEEN them with MY OWN EYES. It's called a telescope. And no, they're not demons. Demons don't exist on Earth, only in Hell. God would cast demons existing in reality back into hell. Plus, I've thoroughly examined my telescope, I don't see any demons. Just a mirror to collect light, and glass lenses to focus. No demons mischievously tricking my into seeing beautiful galaxies and planets and star clusters and the sun and moon. You sound like a damn crazy man

So you can either see for yourself and realize you're taking the Bible far too literally. Yes, I'm not trying to convince you the Bible is wrong. Although I do think so in some respects (the verses saying its ok to beat your slaves and such), the simple matter is that biblical writers years ago were not trying to create a scientifically accurate book. They worded their verses like so so be PURPOSELY vague, because little was actually known at the time.

THE ENDS OF THE EARTH does not mean that the earth has ends, its a poetic and romantic way of saying everywhere on the planet. The Bible is written in a metaphoric and poetic manner, and much of it is being interpreted all wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by James Hutchins View Post
              D-M, even though you fail to accept Jesus Christ as your Personal Savior, you realize that you are probably wrong about your lack of faith and therefore maintain an open mind.
              As you know, I went to Princeton, and among my various accomplishments acquired there, one was a Masters in Organic Chemistry. Screeeeeech-Stop the bus!!!! Organic chemistry (I can hear you from here). Why, You ask? Well, I did it because I too, have an open mind. Even though countless scholars have proved and accepted the Bible as The Truth, I had to be honest with myself and all those that have come SINCE Jesus claiming God is total bunk.
              I had to look for myself. What better a way to do so than to study what is purported to be one of the building blocks of secular life. Try as I might, mixing compounds in all the currently considered correct proportions, I was never able to get a person to crawl, let alone walk out of a beaker. I originally proposed my thesis on this very point but it was turned down. Instead, I wrote one on the undetectable toxicity of certain compounds in otherwise healthy subjects.
              So you can see, I gave secular 'theorists' all the time of day and night to prove their cases. All I really found were 'educated guesses' over the years that constantly refuted previous 'theories'. I have little doubt that tomorrow 'science' will claim we all came from Pluto (the planet, not the Disney creature). Next year, it will be something else.
              I plan to stick with the never changing Word of God. Six Thousand years of consistency.
              Hmmm... organic chemistry is the study of atoms and the makeup of chemicals related to the carbon atom. It doesn't have much to do with life at all. All of the molecules are dead. If you wanted to create life, you should have become a lab biologist in the field of genetics. There, people are all ready created life. They're building ears on rats that can be used for a transplant. Their creating cats with bio-luminescence.

Science changes because we discover more and more. The Bible stays the same because you can't change the Bible or else it isnt the Bible any longer. But that means if you write something, should you stick with it no matter what, no matter how many advancements there are, no matter how much it's proven wrong, you're still gonna stick with it because it's "consistent"? How ignorant.

Silly you, the Bible isn't even consistent. There are HUNDREDS of direct contradictions in the Bible.

Comment

This Triune fellow doesn't even know what scientists say causes the moon to change shape. It's certainly not the earth's shadow. What a fool!
                sigpic
                Isaiah 34:6 The sword of the LORD is filled with blood, it is made fat with fatness, and with the blood of lambs and goats, with the fat of the kidneys of rams: for the LORD hath a sacrifice in Bozrah, and a great slaughter in the land of Idumea.

John 5:46,47 For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me: for he wrote of me. But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words?

Join me in scoffing at backwards Muslims clinging to their beliefs in the face of the evidence!
                The truth about volcanos
                Sex and debauchery in public schools
                Faith wins over science (explained for even the very stupid)
                God Cures AIDS - GLORY!
                Desert whale bones prove Great Flood once and for all.

Comment

Originally posted by Terrance_ View Post
                  Sounds to me like this man is living in his own fantasy world.
                  Here's how it works; the Sun is the largest object in the solar system, as it sits at the center. The planets revolve around it in elliptical orbits, mercury, venus earth mars jupiter saturn uranus neptune. There are asteroid belts filled with space rock that hasn't yet formed into a planet or planets. Go out further and theres hundreds of thousands of billions upon billions of solar systems, existing in clusters and spirals of stars called galaxies. ( Let me know if you want me to slow down for you )

These galaxies are REAL. I've SEEN them with MY OWN EYES. It's called a telescope. And no, they're not demons. Demons don't exist on Earth, only in Hell. God would cast demons existing in reality back into hell. Plus, I've thoroughly examined my telescope, I don't see any demons. Just a mirror to collect light, and glass lenses to focus. No demons mischievously tricking my into seeing beautiful galaxies and planets and star clusters and the sun and moon. You sound like a damn crazy man

So you can either see for yourself and realize you're taking the Bible far too literally. Yes, I'm not trying to convince you the Bible is wrong. Although I do think so in some respects (the verses saying its ok to beat your slaves and such), the simple matter is that biblical writers years ago were not trying to create a scientifically accurate book. They worded their verses like so so be PURPOSELY vague, because little was actually known at the time.

THE ENDS OF THE EARTH does not mean that the earth has ends, its a poetic and romantic way of saying everywhere on the planet. The Bible is written in a metaphoric and poetic manner, and much of it is being interpreted all wrong.
                  Friend, when I was a bit younger, I 'saw' Wonder Woman flying in her invisible airplane.
                  What you and your misguided friends keep doing is provide 'the popular opinion of the day' about everything. It is nothing more than deluded cocktail hour banter.
                  You cannot convince anyone with half a brain that the Bible is incorrect, at least you admit that. God had no need for and we certainly do not need to know anymore than He told us.
                  No one in their right mind beats a slave. A slave that is beaten cannot do any work. Work is their purpose. Beating them takes away their purpose. So beating them is wrong.

I have to be more honest. Not only did I get schooling at a secular University to further confirm Gods magnificence, I have since done some testing on my own. Through the Benevolence of Jesus, He has provided well for me. Not only with a fertile wife who has been with child since the day of our nuptials but with financial means to leave in a reasonable manner.
                  While flying my G550 to Vegas a few years back, I was a bit despondent about the loss of my '58 SL300, it being stolen and having run over a young girl from my Church. I thought I'd talk to God, and decided to fly to Heaven. At full power, I climbed. Once I was past 45,000' my rate of climb dropped. At some point, Jesus spoke to me and told me that everything was going to be fine. He told me He was taking the controls and that I should just relax and bask in His glory. Well the next thing you know, I was listening to the tower at McCarran, giving my details for my final.

Comment

Originally posted by Redeemed Papist View Post
                    This Triune fellow doesn't even know what scientists say causes the moon to change shape. It's certainly not the earth's shadow. What a fool!
                    It changes shape which is determined by the relative position of the moon, earth and the sun. We only see the moon at night because of the sun light reflecting of the lunar surface. So, as I said above, depending on the sun's position, will depend on what part of the moon it is reflecting off. That's why it changes shape.

Comment

Originally posted by PhDPhysicss View Post
                      It changes shape which is determined by the relative position of the moon, earth and the sun. We only see the moon at night because of the sun light reflecting of the lunar surface. So, as I said above, depending on the sun's position, will depend on what part of the moon it is reflecting off. That's why it changes shape.
                      Or the creator of the earth and everything made it so it was for signs and seasons and days. Which is more likely? That the people who were inspired to write the Bible by God chose to lie instead or that they told the truth?
                      sigpic
                      Isaiah 34:6 The sword of the LORD is filled with blood, it is made fat with fatness, and with the blood of lambs and goats, with the fat of the kidneys of rams: for the LORD hath a sacrifice in Bozrah, and a great slaughter in the land of Idumea.

John 5:46,47 For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me: for he wrote of me. But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words?

Join me in scoffing at backwards Muslims clinging to their beliefs in the face of the evidence!
                      The truth about volcanos
                      Sex and debauchery in public schools
                      Faith wins over science (explained for even the very stupid)
                      God Cures AIDS - GLORY!
                      Desert whale bones prove Great Flood once and for all.

Comment

Or the creator of the earth and everything made it so it was for signs and seasons and days. Which is more likely? That the people who were inspired to write the Bible by God chose to lie instead or that they told the truth?
                        My explanation I said is more likely being it's been proven...

Comment

Genesis 1:14
                          And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:

Do the Sun and the Moon divide the day from the night? Yes.

Can they and the stars be used as signs for the seasons. Yes.

PROOF God exists.

Or maybe you think it's just luck that the seasons follow the word of God exactly.

I haven't got enough faith to be an atheist.

YIC

Jack
                          Genesis 22:2 And he said, Take now thy son, thine only son Isaac, whom thou lovest, and get thee into the land of Moriah; and offer him there for a burnt offering upon one of the mountains which I will tell thee of.

sigpic

I know God wouldn't let me believe in Him if He didn't exist.

Comment

You keep saying that, but you haven't proven anything.

Are we just supposed to take your word for it?

But hey, you go back to arguing with the atheists It just proves to me that, like I've been stating all along, there is no agreement in science.
                            Drama queen

Comment

Originally posted by BelieverInGod View Post
                              You keep saying that, but you haven't proven anything.

Are we just supposed to take your word for it?

But hey, you go back to arguing with the atheists It just proves to me that, like I've been stating all along, there is no agreement in science.
                              We know the moon orbits the earth in 27 days. You could observe the moons location at the same time every night, and see that it moves, and is always nearly the same distance from earth. It never goes into a retrograde motion. Assuming the earth is spherical, the only way this could be true is if the moon orbits the earth. Secondly, of course everyone know, you can only see objects when light is reflecting on the objects into your eye, therefore, other than clouds covering the moon, light isn't being reflected on the moon to make us see it. It make it clear when you can't see the moon it's because the one faced side that always faces the earth isn't getting any light reflecting off it's lunar surface. You can test with with a touch (sun), golf ball (moon) and a football (earth) You'll be able to see the different shades on the gold balls surface because of it's position to the touch (sun).

Comment

Far more likely they lied. Because the moon phases have nothing to do with the month, they change every month. It is possible to tell the approximate time, but that's only because our time system is based off of the revolution of the earth around it's axis, which makes the moon appear to move through the sky.

But logically it doesn't sound logical at all for the biblical writers to tell the truth. I mean, they were creating a religion. They're going to tell you things that they want to see you do, over what they think God wants.

Comment

Working...
                                X