X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Christian Domestic Discipline: Should The Husband Discipline His Wife In front of the Kids?

Or you know , you could be a normal and civil human who rather then using physical punishment to "teach a leason" you could simply tell the lady that you did not like what she did. If you get mad then you dont have your wife "discipline" you. The answer is no of course not. Your wife should be someone you love and admie not some burdening breading sack. Treat others as you want to be treated is a common thing i hear said. So no dont harm your wife ever! Unless you are in the mountains and your wife gets her arm stuck. Then you may have to amputate.

Comment

Re: Christian Domestic Discipline: Should The Husband Discipline His Wife In front of the Kids?

Originally posted by screw_god View Post
      Or you know , you could be a normal and civil human who rather then using physical punishment to "teach a leason" you could simply tell the lady that you did not like what she did. If you get mad then you dont have your wife "discipline" you. The answer is no of course not. Your wife should be someone you love and admie not some burdening breading sack. Treat others as you want to be treated is a common thing i hear said. So no dont harm your wife ever! Unless you are in the mountains and your wife gets her arm stuck. Then you may have to amputate.
      The Bible says otherwise, heathen.
      God is about as real as unicorns and dragons.
      Revelation 12:9
      Job 39:9

Comment

Originally posted by screw_god View Post
        Well, if you do that, you will be a civil person. I can understand that you can succumb to peer pressure. That happens.

But be not fooled: you will not enter Heaven if you behave in such manner. Let's see:

Proverbs 13:24 - He that spareth his rod hateth his son: but he that loveth him chasteneth him betimes.

Proverbs 23:13 - Withhold not correction from the child: for [if] thou beatest him with the rod, he shall not die.

Proverbs 22:15 - Foolishness [is] bound in the heart of a child; [but] the rod of correction shall drive it far from him.

Ephesians 5:22 - Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord.

Colossians 3:18 - Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as it is fit in the Lord.

1 Corinthians 11:3 - But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman [is] the man; and the head of Christ [is] God.

As you can see, it is not a loose verse on some part of the Bible, but a central concept: the man is the head of the house and should discipline the family into Godly ways. It is explicit about the use of violence.

So you have to choose: being a Christian and go to heaven or being a nice person, a beloved member of the liberal community and go to hell along with your dear family.

It is your choice, after all.
        1 Thessalonians 4:16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the TRUMP of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first.

Comment

Speaking from a childs (19) point of view I think it is important. Seeing my mother punished has made me a better girl as I have learnt what it correct behavior.

He has always punished the women in the household in front of everyone. My 2 brother if they are to receive punishment do so if the private of his study
          “Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the savior of the body. Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in everything.” (Ephesians 5:22-24)

Comment

Originally posted by southerngirl97 View Post
            Speaking from a childs (19) point of view I think it is important. Seeing my mother punished has made me a better girl as I have learnt what it correct behavior.

He has always punished the women in the household in front of everyone. My 2 brother if they are to receive punishment do so if the private of his study

Perhaps if your teachers in school were permitted to apply similar disciplinary methods you might have developed a better grasp of written communication.

Admonishingly Yours,

Handmaiden
            His left hand should be under my head, and his right hand should embrace me.

Guns For God and the Economy

Comment

My appologies Ma'am I should have paid more attention to what I had written
              “Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the savior of the body. Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in everything.” (Ephesians 5:22-24)

Comment

I am widowed and miss my husband very much...we did not have an y children. I must admit that I do miss the discipline he gave me often and from his loving heart.
                When he felt it was needed, he believed in the proven old fashioned spanking! Bare bottom and he would begin with his hand and finish with his belt.
                After it was always caresses, holding me and talking in his soft tender voice. Oh how I miss that!

Comment

Originally posted by Lostandalone View Post
                  I am widowed and miss my husband very much...we did not have an y children.
                  I hope it's not too late for you to get married again and have some children, for the sake of your immortal soul!

1 Timothy 2:15 Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing, if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety.
                  God created fossils to test our faith.

My favorite LBC sermons:
                  True Christians are Perfect!
                  True Christian™ Love.
                  Salvation™ made Easy!
                  You can’t be a Christian if you don’t believe the Old Testament.
                  Jesus is impolite. Deal with it.
                  Jesus is xenophobic and so should we.
                  Sanctity of Life is NOT a Biblical Concept.
                  Biblical view on modern-day slavery.
                  The Immorality of the "Universal Declaration of Human Rights."
                  Geneva Conventions vs. The Holy Bible.
                  God HATES Rational Thinking!
                  True Christian™ Man as a spitting image of God.

Comment

Domestic discipline? More like Domestic Abuse. She can straight up press charges if she chose to.

Comment

DearBrother`s and Sister`s in Christ,

Three yearsago brother “Sword of Christ” asked a question that I feel is very interesting:

“when thehusband is placed in the position when he has to apply corporal punishment toan unruly wife should he do it in front of the kids?”

I know thatI join the conversation very late, but I think the question is so interestingand important that I would like to write something about it anyway.

As I seeit, the question can be divided into three parts: 1) should the children KNOWthat daddy is spanking mommy? 2) Should the children HEAR when daddy isspanking mommy? And 3) should the children SEE daddy spank mommy?

As I seeit, the children should definitely know that daddy spanks mommy. To try to keepit a secret from the children is not very practical, but especially it is likelying to the children. A parent should always be honest to his/her children. Besides,children are smart and figure things out, so I do not think that the parentscould keep it a secret for very long anyway. Perhaps what is most important, isthat trying to keep it a secret is like the parents should be ashamed of their ChristianDomestic Discipline lifestyle. A life style that I personally feel is naturaland as God intended.

So, thechildren should know that daddy spanks mommy, but should they hear thespankings? Yes, I think they should. To be open about daddy spanking mommy, butthen only do it when the children are not at home makes it seem like theparents consider the discipline as something wrong and dirty. So, I see nothingwrong in the children hearing the smacking and cracking sounds as daddies hand,belt, hairbrush, paddle, cane, switch or what ever other tool he uses lands onmommies bare buttocks mixed with mommies screams, howling and crying.

But shouldthe children only hear daddy spank mommy and never see him do it? Of course notevery spanking has to happen openly in front of the children. Sometimes thespankings can happen in the privacy of the parent`s bedroom, but I see nothingwrong in some of the spankings also taking place also in front of the children.After all, in a Christian Domestic Discipline family spanking should be anormal form of discipline that doesn`t have to be hidden from other familymembers.

As SisterHandmaiden said:

“I thinkthat the children can learn a great deal from witnessing this sort of behavior.They will learn basic methodology, of course, as in how hard to hit, how manyblows to land, and the proper prayerful attitude to assume before administeringthe discipline.”

I agreewith Sister Handmaiden. The parents task is to prepare the children for theirroles as adults, so in a Christian Domestic Discipline family it is animportant part of the upbringing to introduce the children to the disciplinepart of a marriage.

Like SisterAnne Sayne says:

“It's greatto do it in front of the kids. It will teach the boys what to do when they'rewives act up in the future, and the girls will learn lessons on husbandsubmission.”

Yes, Iagree fully. It shows the sons what their role will be as future husbands andfathers and it shows the daughters that they are never too old for properdiscipline. That can be a good and valuable lesson for the daughters,especially when they are in their teenage years.

SincerelyYours,
                      Sister KirsiK

Comment

Originally posted by KirsiK View Post
                        DearBrother`s and Sister`s in Christ ... random babbling ..

SincerelyYours,
                        Sister KirsiK
                        Dear Miss Kirsik: I would like to welcome you to . But, somehow or another, you have managed to bypass our Introduction Forum, which is where we like all of our newcomers to visit when they arrive here. The link is here:

Attention Unsaved Trash: This the ONLY subforum you can start threads in. Here is where you introduce yourself. Tell us what church you go to and what your favorite Bible verse is and how you came to find Jesus.

Please note the requirements that are clearly displayed at the top of that page:

Attention Unsaved Trash: This the ONLY subforum you can start threads in. Here is where you introduce yourself. Tell us what church you go to and what your favorite Bible verse is and how you came to find Jesus.

We look forward to your proper introductory message.

Sincerely, Isabella W.
                        (Mrs.) Isabella White

Hebrews 10:19 "Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the Blood of Jesus"

Comment

Originally posted by Scoutman03 View Post
                          Domestic discipline? More like Domestic Abuse. She can straight up press charges if she chose to.
                          To put women and children in their place is my job and it hurts me more than them but i have to do it because of Jesus.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyrre Eliasen View Post
                            To put women and children in their place is my job
                            How many wives do you pretend to have, sweetie?
                            God created fossils to test our faith.

My favorite LBC sermons:
                            True Christians are Perfect!
                            True Christian™ Love.
                            Salvation™ made Easy!
                            You can’t be a Christian if you don’t believe the Old Testament.
                            Jesus is impolite. Deal with it.
                            Jesus is xenophobic and so should we.
                            Sanctity of Life is NOT a Biblical Concept.
                            Biblical view on modern-day slavery.
                            The Immorality of the "Universal Declaration of Human Rights."
                            Geneva Conventions vs. The Holy Bible.
                            God HATES Rational Thinking!
                            True Christian™ Man as a spitting image of God.

Comment

Originally posted by southerngirl97 View Post

I am in Tennessee too. My mother and I were both disciplined in front of my brothers by my Father too. As teenagers my brothers below 15 assisted my Father by moving furniture such as end tables or fetching the strap or paddle. While either my mother or I waited naked facing the wall. from age 15-16 my brothers were allowed to pick what ever paddle was to be used. At age 17 my brothers were then allowed to discipline my mother or I if our Father was not home. If our Father was not home and brother had to discipline us we were disciplined by our Father too when our Father came home.
                              Patty M

Comment

Originally posted by Patty M View Post
                                I am in Tennessee too. My mother and I were both disciplined in front of my brothers by my Father too. As teenagers my brothers below 15 assisted my Father by moving furniture such as end tables or fetching the strap or paddle. While either my mother or I waited naked facing the wall. from age 15-16 my brothers were allowed to pick what ever paddle was to be used. At age 17 my brothers were then allowed to discipline my mother or I if our Father was not home. If our Father was not home and brother had to discipline us we were disciplined by our Father too when our Father came home.
                                So, you think it is normal for teenage boys to beat their mother and sisters?

Comment

Working...
                                X