X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello forum!

I was invited here by my friend Rick. He goes to church every sunday as do I. That is how we met. We used to talk a lot in the past and were good friends but I have since moved to Japan to live a better life with my family. I am still a proud and since we are not allowed guns, I have a very large sword collection for self protection. The american way .

If you have any questions please send me a message.
    - John Catfock

Re: Hello forum!

Originally posted by catfockjohnny View Post
    I was invited here by my friend Rick. He goes to church every sunday as do I. That is how we met. We used to talk a lot in the past and were good friends but I have since moved to Japan to live a better life with my family. I am still a proud and since we are not allowed guns, I have a very large sword collection for self protection. The american way .

- John Catfock

This is a Christian forum, dear, so we would appreciate if you posted your favorite Bible verse. You know, like the instructions on the top of this page ask you to?
    God created fossils to test our faith.

My favorite LBC sermons:
    True Christians are Perfect!
    True Christian™ Love.
    Salvation™ made Easy!
    You can’t be a Christian if you don’t believe the Old Testament.
    Jesus is impolite. Deal with it.
    Jesus is xenophobic and so should we.
    Sanctity of Life is NOT a Biblical Concept.
    Biblical view on modern-day slavery.
    The Immorality of the "Universal Declaration of Human Rights."
    Geneva Conventions vs. The Holy Bible.
    God HATES Rational Thinking!
    True Christian™ Man as a spitting image of God.

Comment

Originally posted by Basilissa View Post
      This is a Christian forum, dear, so we would appreciate if you posted your favorite Bible verse. You know, like the instructions on the top of this page ask you to?
      When the first man, Adam, saw that he was alone, God made for him a woman like himself, from the earth.God called her name Lilith, and brought her to Adam. They immediately began to quarrel. Adam said: “You lie beneath me.” And Lilith said: “You lie beneath me! We are both equal, for both of us are from the earth.” And they would not listen to one another.

As soon as Lilith saw this, she uttered the Divine name and flew up into the air and fled. Adam began to pray before his Creator, saying: “Master of the universe, the woman that you gave me has fled.” God sent three angels and said to them: “Go bring back Lilith. If she wants to come, she shall come, and if she does not want to come, do not bring her against her will.

The three angels went and found her in the sea at the place where the Egyptians were destined to drown. There they grabbed her and said to her: “If you will go with us,well and good, but if not, we will drown you in the sea.”

Lilith said to them:”My friends, I know God only created me to weaken infants when they are eight days old. From the day a child is born until the eighth day, I have dominion over the child, and from the eighth day onward I have no dominion over him if he is a boy, but if a girl, I rule over her twelve days.”

Comment

I must remark that this fragment belongs to The Haggada rather than The Bible.. But I find it beautiful.

Comment

Profane babbling removed
          Can you read? Basilissa asked you to post your favorite BIBLE verse, not some made up story. Try again and do it right this time.

Comment

- John Catfock

My, how this is all so terribly fascinating, dear Mr. Catfock. I see that you also provided us with a bit of a short story about some event that pertained to a woman named Lilith. I wonder if I might ask you to provide us with a relevant verse of Holy Scripture from the instead; you know, something that speaks to you in a personal way. And, unless I am missing something, I don't see you providing us with information about where you go to church. Please do try again, Dear -- we can't wait to get to know you.
            (Mrs.) Isabella White

Hebrews 10:19 "Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the Blood of Jesus"

Comment

Originally posted by Isabella White View Post
              My, how this is all so terribly fascinating, dear Mr. Catfock. I see that you also provided us with a bit of a short story about some event that pertained to a woman named Lilith. I wonder if I might ask you to provide us with a relevant verse of Holy Scripture from the instead; you know, something that speaks to you in a personal way. And, unless I am missing something, I don't see you providing us with information about where you go to church. Please do try again, Dear -- we can't wait to get to know you.
              Mrs. White, if Mr. Catfock lives in Japan, then I don't believe they have churches. I think they worship Buddha. That would explain why he can't find a real Bible verse. Maybe he only speaks Buddhaise?
              Judge in yourselves: is it comely that a woman pray unto God uncovered?
              1 Corinthians 11:13

Comment

I was invited here by my friend Rick. He goes to church every sunday as do I. That is how we met. We used to talk a lot in the past and were good friends but I have since moved to Japan to live a better life with my family. I am still a proud and since we are not allowed guns, I have a very large sword collection for self protection. The american way . If you have any questions please send me a message.
                - John Catfock

Originally posted by Dana723 View Post
                Mrs. White, if Mr. Catfock lives in Japan, then I don't believe they have churches. I think they worship Buddha. That would explain why he can't find a real Bible verse. Maybe he only speaks Buddhaise?
                Oh, I had wondered where Mr. Catfock goes to church in Japan, dear Sister Dana, when he stated that he still goes to church. Perhaps he is part of an "underground" church movement. Or, maybe he is involved in one of those "inter-faith" groups, where people combine aspects of one religion with another. If so, isn't that disgusting? Imagine, worshiping a rotund slob like Buddha, when one could, instead, worship the glorious !

(Mrs.) Isabella White

Hebrews 10:19 "Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the Blood of Jesus"

Comment

So he lives in Japan, talks very fondly about a male "friend," and quotes Jewish mythology when asked for Bible verses... not good. The only thing that gives me hope is that, as Jesus demands of us, he owns a sword:

Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. Luke 22:36

So, Johnny, can you quote the actual Bible, King James 1611 edition, God's True Authoritative Bible Version™? You can find a copy here.

The Christian Right: The Only Right Way to Be a Christian!

Comment

I must remark that this fragment belongs to The Haggada rather than The Bible..
                    You're confusing the Haggadah with the Aggadah. The former is basically a boring description of what happens during the Passover. The Aggadah are Jewish medieval fairy tales. That's where your tale belongs.
                    God created fossils to test our faith.

My favorite LBC sermons:
                    True Christians are Perfect!
                    True Christian™ Love.
                    Salvation™ made Easy!
                    You can’t be a Christian if you don’t believe the Old Testament.
                    Jesus is impolite. Deal with it.
                    Jesus is xenophobic and so should we.
                    Sanctity of Life is NOT a Biblical Concept.
                    Biblical view on modern-day slavery.
                    The Immorality of the "Universal Declaration of Human Rights."
                    Geneva Conventions vs. The Holy Bible.
                    God HATES Rational Thinking!
                    True Christian™ Man as a spitting image of God.

Comment

Originally posted by Basilissa View Post
                      You're confusing the Haggadah with the Aggadah. The former is basically a boring description of what happens during the Passover. The Aggadah are Jewish medieval fairy tales. That's where your tale belongs.
                      Thank you Sister. I did wonder about the missing "h" at the end of his "Haggada". I guess he simply moved it to the beginning of Aggadah and then - for reasons which are unclear - left the "h" off the end of that? I expect it's an easy mistake to make if you're subliterate.
                      Vaccinated by the love of Jesus!!!

Comment

Hi, my name is Lora and I learned about the forum from my friend Lisa, I want to learn more about my religion and find my way.

Comment

Originally posted by LoraBrown View Post
                          Hi, my name is Lora and I learned about the forum from my friend Lisa,
                          So many emo groups to keep track of. Do you mean this one?

I want to learn more about my religion and find my way.
                          Find your way? As in, you want to actually go places?

You sound like the kind of emo I can have an actual conversation with. Less pseudo-nihilist hedonism, more stoicism (Marcus Arelius may have been part-Mexican, but at least he wasn't Catholic).
                          Disagree? By failing to register and debate me, you prove that liberals are factless frauds who only persuade through intimidation. To prove otherwise, debate me!
                          Got Questions? See Frequently Asked Questions, or use Forum Search, tag system, or our guides on Geography, History, Science, Comparative Religion, Civics, and Current Events.
                          Did I use a new word you've never heard? Definitions here. | Vote! Everything you need to vote here!

Comment

Hi, my name is Lora and I learned about the forum from my friend Lisa, I want to learn more about my religion and find my way.
                            What religion is that, young lady?

BTW, does your husband know you are twitting about on the Internet and not cleaning?
                            Isaiah 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.
                            Amos 3:6 Shall a trumpet be blown in the city, and the people not be afraid? shall there be evil in a city, and the LORD hath not done it?
                            Numbers 21:6 And the LORD sent fiery serpents among the people, and they bit the people; and much people of Israel died.
                            Matthew 10:34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.
                            Matthew 10:35 For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.
                            Matthew 10:36 And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.

Comment

Hello, Laura, and welcome! It you want to learn about the Bible and God's commandments, you're in the right place!
                              The Christian Right: The Only Right Way to Be a Christian!

Comment

Working...
                              X