X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A good Christian brother has been railroaded for giving out Christian discipline.

This makes me sick, brothers and sisters.

If it can happen to a nice fellow like Dan Kirby Kopp, it could happen to us.

Dan has been convicted of paddling his wife for the egregious error of not calling him sir in front of the children. That is so disrespectful. The children might think its alright for them to not call their father sir.

Next thing you know she'll be burning his steaks and "forgetting" to iron his clothes. She may even want to leave the house without him and get herself raped!

No, no, no, no, no! We must reverse legal injustices like this to protect women and children from rape!

A central Pennsylvania man was convicted for beating his wife when she didn't address him as "sir" in front of their kids.
    Lancaster County prosecutors said 49-year-old Dan Kirby Kopp of Ephrata routinely beat his wife with a wooden paddle or his hand when he believed she was disrespectful.
    The Intelligencer Journal/Lancaster New Era said a jury convicted Kopp of misdemeanor stalking and harassment.
    According to court documents, Kopp would take his wife over his knee and spank her in order to "teach her a lesson."
    Christians are superior because we possess an understanding that unbelievers lack. It is through the Power of Jesus only the converted mind is able to understand what is going on in the world; what the Communists are really up to; what Satan's intentions are. Most unbelievers do not even believe in Satan and cannot understand his tactics.

sigpic

Re: A good Christian brother has been railroaded for giving out Christian discipline.

Originally posted by Levi Jones View Post
    This makes me sick, brothers and sisters.

If it can happen to a nice fellow like Dan Kirby Kopp, it could happen to us.

Dan has been convicted of paddling his wife for the egregious error of not calling him sir in front of the children. That is so disrespectful. The children might think its alright for them to not call their father sir.

Next thing you know she'll be burning his steaks and "forgetting" to iron his clothes. She may even want to leave the house without him and get herself raped!

No, no, no, no, no! We must reverse legal injustices like this to protect women and children from rape!
    I wonder if this is the same Dan Kopp that used to teach a parenting class in Lancaster, PA. It taught the virtues of certain woods over others for paddles and switches - something any Christian father needs to know. At the end of the class, each father was given the chance to prove his place as head of household by bringing his child to perform five minutes of obedience exercises. I'm heartbroken about this.

Comment

Re: A good Christian brother has been railroaded for giving out Christian discipline.

Seriously I pray with all my might that this is a sick joke. You can't be this deluded. It makes me truly nauseated when people twist the word of God to meet their own sick needs. Seek help, I pity any woman who comes into your presence, and my God is ashamed of you. Thankfully husband and I had a very healthy discussion about exactly what would happen next if he ever, ever, ever thought to lay an ill hand on me! God bless you

Comment

Hello Mrs. Hosk, and welcome to our friendly forums! Please do share with us all just where you have read a True Christian™ member of Landover Baptist Church erroneously quote the Word of God, or post it in a manner not becoming of the genuine True Faith he has in his heart. As soon as the Department of Faith can verify such a claim, Cookie in the office will contact you to set up a payment plan for $500 to be sent to the False Christian Watered Down Faith Church of your choice.

Glory!
        Hello, my name is Mary. I hope to fellowship with you! That is, unless you don't listen to church authority (Deuteronomy 17:12); are a witch (Exodus 22:17); are a homosexual (Leviticus 20:13; Romans 1:24-32); or fortuneteller (Leviticus 20:27) or a snotty kid who hits their dad (Exodus 21:15); or curses their parents (Proverbs 20:20; Leviticus 20:9); an adulterer (Leviticus 20:10); a non-Christian (Exodus 22:19; Deuteronomy 13:7-12; Deuteronomy 17:2-5;Romans 1:24-32); an atheist (2 Chronicles 15:12-13); or false prophet (Zechariah 13:3); from the town of one who worships another, false god (Deuteronomy 13:13-19); were a non-virgin bride (Deuteronomy 22:20-21); or blasphemer (Leviticus 24:10-16), as God calls for your execution and will no doubt send you to Hell, and I have no interest developing a friendship with the Spiritually Walking Dead.

Comment

Originally posted by Sjhosk View Post
          Seriously I pray with all my might that this is a sick joke. You can't be this deluded. It makes me truly nauseated when people twist the word of God to meet their own sick needs. Seek help, I pity any woman who comes into your presence, and my God is ashamed of you. Thankfully husband and I had a very healthy discussion about exactly what would happen next if he ever, ever, ever thought to lay an ill hand on me! God bless you

Welcome Sjhosk. I don't believe I have ever heard that name before. Are you an Arab? If so, why do Saudi Arabians always look like they are dressed up like Anthony Quinn at a costume party? I have always wondered about that.

I wonder if you would be gracious enough to go to the introduction forum which is titled "Introduction Forum" and tell us all about yourself and your relationship with Jesus. We'd like to know about your Pastor, your congregation and how you personally serve the Lord. Presumably, you have your husband's permission to be here. We'd like to hear all about him too.

God Bless!
          God judgeth the righteous, And God is angry with the wicked every day- Psalm 7:11

Comment

It makes me truly nauseated when people twist the word of God to meet their own sick needs. Seek help, I pity any woman who comes into your presence, and my God is ashamed of you.
            You can tell your "god" that he is a false god.

The Only True God tells us that women need to subject to their husbands.

Ephesians 5:22-24
            22 Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord.
            23 For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.
            24 Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so [let] the wives [be] to their own husbands in every thing.

If you ever desire to learn about God, I highly recommend that you read the Bible yourself!
            God created fossils to test our faith.

My favorite LBC sermons:
            True Christians are Perfect!
            True Christian™ Love.
            Salvation™ made Easy!
            You can’t be a Christian if you don’t believe the Old Testament.
            Jesus is impolite. Deal with it.
            Jesus is xenophobic and so should we.
            Sanctity of Life is NOT a Biblical Concept.
            Biblical view on modern-day slavery.
            The Immorality of the "Universal Declaration of Human Rights."
            Geneva Conventions vs. The Holy Bible.
            God HATES Rational Thinking!
            True Christian™ Man as a spitting image of God.

Comment

I said what I needed to and you saw it.
              Now please please please suspend me! And don't contact me unless it's for a referral. Once again, God bless you

Originally posted by Mary Etheldreda View Post
              Hello Mrs. Hosk, and welcome to our friendly forums! Please do share with us all just where you have read a True Christian™ member of Landover Baptist Church erroneously quote the Word of God, or post it in a manner not becoming of the genuine True Faith he has in his heart. As soon as the Department of Faith can verify such a claim, Cookie in the office will contact you to set up a payment plan for $500 to be sent to the False Christian Watered Down Faith Church of your choice.

Glory!

Comment

You seem disturbed, Sister. You have come to the right place if it is counseling you need. I am praying for you even now.
                God judgeth the righteous, And God is angry with the wicked every day- Psalm 7:11

Comment

Hello to you Mrs. Osk, and to you I extend a most gracious to . We are so pleased that you have found our blessed corner of the interwebs, and we do look forward to studying the with you, and in giving praise to the .

I so hope that you will not mind my troubling you, but I wonder if I might ask you to please make your way to our cordial Introduction Forum. That is where we like our newcomers to post an introductory message. The link to that friendly forum is here:

Attention Unsaved Trash: This the ONLY subforum you can start threads in. Here is where you introduce yourself. Tell us what church you go to and what your favorite Bible verse is and how you came to find Jesus.

And, please pay close attention to our simple requests at the top of that page, which I shall include here:

The introduction forum Attention Unsaved Trash: This the ONLY subforum you can start threads in. Here is where you introduce yourself. Tell us what church you go to and what your favorite Bible verse is and how you came to find Jesus.

May richly bless you, Dear.
                  P.S. I have noted a bit of resentment in your first message to the servants of the . Not that I wish to pry, but I should mention that I will lift you in prayer at this coming Wednesday's McGill Street Ladies' Afternoon Prayer Meeting, Bible Study & Tea Social. In the meantime, here is a wondrous bit of advice for you:

Proverbs 14:29 "He that is slow to wrath is of great understanding: but he that is hasty of spirit exalteth folly."
                  (Mrs.) Isabella White

Hebrews 10:19 "Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus"

Comment

I said what I needed to and you saw it.
                    Does it make you feel better, dear? I do hope so. However, you know what would make you feel even better? Rejecting the devil and accepting Jesus into you heart!

Now please please please suspend me!
                    We can't do that. However, we will pray for your soul!

My favorite LBC sermons:
                    True Christian™ Love.
                    Salvation™ made Easy!

Comment

...It makes me truly nauseated when people twist the word of God to meet their own sick needs...
                      *cough* Yeah. Me, too.

I think it would really help your argument to quote some of those times in the Bible where God or Jesus or anybody at all condemned corporal punishment of family members. The True Christians™ tend to believe what the Bible says over some internet rando, ya know?

Comment

Don't be so hasty. The men here are the best stock a the good people of this church probably have the only key towards Salvation and a healthy relationship with Christ, even if their approach to newcomers are seemingly harsh, being hazed by Landover is a humbling necessity as been the case with me so far.

Comment

Originally posted by phucker67 View Post
                          ...(irrelevant drivel)...
                          Sweetie, have you started reading the Bible yet? Well, that was a rhetorical question, but anyway: you really should start reading it, so that you can start applying it in your life. Time is running out, and you know what Jesus is going to do with worthless chaff? Let's just say, that His "hazing" will be much more painful!

Matthew 3:11-12
                          11 I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire:
                          12 Whose fan is in his hand, and he will throughly purge his floor, and gather his wheat into the garner; but he will burn up the chaff with unquenchable fire.

My favorite LBC sermons:
                          True Christian™ Love.
                          Salvation™ made Easy!

Comment

Originally posted by Basilissa View Post
                            Let's just say, that His "hazing" will be much more painful!

I'm getting quite excited by the prospect. By being motivated to peruse the Bible more deeply that is, not by the Devil's tricks.

Comment

Working...
                            X