X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lord of the Rings... ok?

Originally posted by Apollo Night View Post
    Oh wow... you guys really know nothing about anything out side your little bible bubble huh? Tolkien lived in England witch unlike ever other country didnt have any mythology. So he made it up himself, trading his ideas with C.S Lewis. Who might I add had very strong woman in his book too.
    Read the second post in this thread.

What does the Bible say about wizardry and divination?
    Christians are superior because we possess an understanding that unbelievers lack. It is through the Power of Jesus only the converted mind is able to understand what is going on in the world; what the Communists are really up to; what Satan's intentions are. Most unbelievers do not even believe in Satan and cannot understand his tactics.

sigpic

Comment

Oh wow... you guys really know nothing about anything out side your little bible bubble huh? Tolkien lived in England witch unlike ever other country didnt have any mythology. So he made it up himself, trading his ideas with C.S Lewis. Who might I add had very strong woman in his book too.

The lack of pagan mythology may very well be one of the reasons why God selected Great Britain as His Chosen Nation for centuries before His Favor was turned to the United States of America. First England and later the United States swept the globe as the most powerful nations on earth, establishing English (and later American) in all corners of the globe as either a primary or secondary language. In choosing English/American in which to combine His two Testaments in the form of the King James Bible of 1611, God chose the only language which the world would know.

In 1922, the British Empire was the largest empire the world had ever seen, holding sway over a quarter of the world's population and spreading the Gospel to pagan ragheads, dotheads, negroes and pickininnies on every continent. Careful study of Scripture reveals that the rise of the British Empire was part of God's Plan.

Romans 13:2-3
      Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation. For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same:

However, over the remainder of the 20th century, God removed His Favor from Britain and ordained America as His Chosen Nation, as evidenced by the decolonisation of the British Empire as the USA grew in stature. While America was adding "One Nation Under God" to our Pledge of Allegiance and "In God We Trust" to our currency, Britain was turning the Suez Canal over to the Godless Egyptians.

Why would God remove His favor from Britain - the nation which saw His Word consolidated into His Perfect Bible (KJV 1611)?

The Lord of the Rings trilogy was written between 1937 and 1949 - the exact period during which the British Empire began declining and during which God turned His favor to America, which He had been nurturing since our Evangelical Founders established what was to become His Chosen Nation.

If, as you say, J.R. Token wrote his satanic novels to create a pagan mythology for what was once God's Chosen Nation, then this one wicked little man can be held responsible for causing Britain to turn its back on God and to drift into the dustbin of history as America rose to take our place as God's Country.

God has established precedent in the KJV1611 for what befalls nations which turn their backs on Him.

Deuteronomy 29:25-26
      Then men shall say, Because they have forsaken the covenant of the LORD God of their fathers, which he made with them when he brought them forth out of the land of Egypt:
      For they went and served other gods, and worshipped them, gods whom they knew not, and whom he had not given unto them:

II Chronicles 7:19-20
      But if ye turn away, and forsake my statutes and my commandments, which I have set before you, and shall go and serve other gods, and worship them;
      Then will I pluck them up by the roots out of my land which I have given them; and this house, which I have sanctified for my name, will I cast out of my sight, and will make it to be a proverb and a byword among all nations.

Ezekiel 20:8
      But they rebelled against me, and would not hearken unto me: they did not every man cast away the abominations of their eyes, neither did they forsake the idols of Egypt: then I said, I will pour out my fury upon them, to accomplish my anger against them in the midst of the land of Egypt.

If J.R. Token had not written his wicked tales of sorcery and depredation, the sun would continue to never set on the British Empire. But because the people of England turned their backs on God and turned to a new mythology, God turned His Back on England.

This lesson is not lost on those of us who currently reside in America. Fortunately, the Indians are the only ones here who believe in mythology, and it was not until our predecessors wiped out those nature-worshipping occultists that America was ready to take on the mantle of God's Chosen Nation, but that is another post...
      II Thessalonians 1:7-9
      And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels,
      In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:
      Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power

The man who is being progressively sanctified will inescapably sanctify his home, school, politics, economics, science, and all things else by understanding and interpreting all things in terms of the Word of God and by bringing all things under the Dominion of Christ the King. -R.J. Rushdoony

Comment

Originally posted by Levi Jones View Post
        Read the second post in this thread.

What does the Bible say about wizardry and divination?
        I did read it thank you very much. And I Don't remember him saying anything about fake magic, if I'm remembering right. and if you ARE fundamentals then you should be ok with it because the Bible never EVER said anything about writing made up stories to entertain people. And If god dose know everything then he would have seen this coming and he would have put something in the bible about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedediah View Post
          The lack of pagan mythology may very well be one of the reasons why God selected Great Britain as His Chosen Nation for centuries before His Favor was turned to the United States of America. First England and later the United States swept the globe as the most powerful nations on earth, establishing English (and later American) in all corners of the globe as either a primary or secondary language. In choosing English/American in which to combine His two Testaments in the form of the King James Bible of 1611, God chose the only language which the world would know.

In 1922, the British Empire was the largest empire the world had ever seen, holding sway over a quarter of the world's population and spreading the Gospel to pagan ragheads, dotheads, negroes and pickininnies on every continent. Careful study of Scripture reveals that the rise of the British Empire was part of God's Plan.

Romans 13:2-3
          Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation. For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same:

However, over the remainder of the 20th century, God removed His favor from Britain and ordained America as His Chosen Nation, as evidenced by the decolonisation of the British Empire as the USA grew in stature. While America was adding "One Nation Under God" to our Pledge of Allegiance and "In God We Trust" to our currency, Britain was turning the Suez Canal over to the Godless Egyptians.

Why would God remove His favor from Britain - the nation which saw His Word consolidated into His Perfect Bible (KJV 1611)?

The Lord of the Rings trilogy was written between 1937 and 1949 - the exact period during which the British Empire began declining and during which God turned His favor to America, which He had been nurturing since our Evangelical Founders established what was to become His Chosen Nation.

If, as you say, J.R. Token wrote his satanic novels to create a pagan mythology for what was once God's Chosen Nation, then this one wicked little man can be held responsible for causing Britain to turn its back on God and to drift into the dustbin of history as America rose to take our place as God's Country.

God has established precedent in the KJV1611 for what befalls nations which turn their backs on Him.

Deuteronomy 29:25-26
          Then men shall say, Because they have forsaken the covenant of the LORD God of their fathers, which he made with them when he brought them forth out of the land of Egypt:
          For they went and served other gods, and worshipped them, gods whom they knew not, and whom he had not given unto them:

II Chronicles 7:19-20
          But if ye turn away, and forsake my statutes and my commandments, which I have set before you, and shall go and serve other gods, and worship them;
          Then will I pluck them up by the roots out of my land which I have given them; and this house, which I have sanctified for my name, will I cast out of my sight, and will make it to be a proverb and a byword among all nations.

Ezekiel 20:8
          But they rebelled against me, and would not hearken unto me: they did not every man cast away the abominations of their eyes, neither did they forsake the idols of Egypt: then I said, I will pour out my fury upon them, to accomplish my anger against them in the midst of the land of Egypt.

If J.R. Token had not written his wicked tales of sorcery and depredation, the sun would continue to never set on the British Empire. But because the people of England turned their backs on God and turned to a new mythology, God turned His back on England.

This lesson is not lost on those of us who currently reside in America. Fortunately, the Indians are the only ones here who believe in mythology, and it was not until our predecessors wiped out those nature-worshipping occultists that America was ready to take on the mantle of God's Chosen Nation, but that is another post...

lol wow did you just make that up? Because I didn't see that any where else on this tread. they didn't turn there backs on god and TOLKIEN (please make sure to spell is name right. Its not that hard you can just google it) didn't turn is back on him aether. He just thought it was odd so he just made it up, not follow it. And if your train of thought is right, then is god turning his back on us now? Since we are no longer the powerhouse of the world any more, China and India are. So dose that mean his new favorite is China and India?

Comment

lol wow did you just make that up? Because I didn't see that any where else on this tread. they didn't turn there backs on god and TOLKIEN (please make sure to spell is name right. Its not that hard you can just google it) didn't turn is back on him aether. He just thought it was odd so he just made it up, not follow it. And if your train of thought is right, then is god turning his back on us now? Since we are no longer the powerhouse of the world any more, China and India are. So dose that mean his new favorite is China and India?
            Friend, the U.S. has a larger GDP than China and India combined. We are number one by far!
            Christians are superior because we possess an understanding that unbelievers lack. It is through the Power of Jesus only the converted mind is able to understand what is going on in the world; what the Communists are really up to; what Satan's intentions are. Most unbelievers do not even believe in Satan and cannot understand his tactics.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Levi Jones View Post
              Friend, the U.S. has a larger GDP than China and India combined. We are number one by far!
              oh, friend? I must thank you for addressing me in such a friendly manner, I aploud this as a good number of people on here seen to be quit mean with the names.

Anyway back to the point, both China and Indie have a much higher employment rate then us and are growing much faster economically. Pulse we owe a few billion dollars to China.

Comment

oh, friend? I must thank you for addressing me in such a friendly manner, I aploud this as a good number of people on here seen to be quit mean with the names.

Anyway back to the point, both China and Indie have a much higher employment rate then us and are growing much faster economically. Pulse we owe a few billion dollars to China.
                Do you know what "GDP" is?
                Bible boring? Nonsense!
                Try Bible in a Year with Brother V, or join Shirlee and the kids as they discuss Real Bible Stories!
                You can't be a Christian if you don't know God's Word!

Comment

Of course Lord of The Rings is ok to read! It's a classic and it is also a good read
                  Lev.18:22
                  Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.

Comment

Yes, LOTR is one of the best novel/film series' out there. Anyone who says otherwise has no idea of what they are talking about. All you super-right-wing-nuts are just as bad as the liberals you criticize. As a fellow conservative Christian, please stop making us more reasonable folk look bad! If LOTR is so bad, why is it that all of the sorcery and witchcraft you talk about is done by the Dark Lord Suaron/Saruman/other foes in the series? You people are truly inane,
                    And furthermore, you can all go fuck yourselves.
                    Leviticus 20:27
                    A man also or woman that hath a familiar spirit, or that is a wizard, shall surely be put to death: they shall stone them with stones: their blood shall be upon them.

Comment

Originally posted by dragonitejc View Post
                      Yes, LOTR is one of the best novel/film series' out there. Anyone who says otherwise has no idea of what they are talking about. All you super-right-wing-nuts are just as bad as the liberals you criticize. As a fellow conservative Christian, please stop making us more reasonable folk look bad! If LOTR is so bad, why is it that all of the sorcery and witchcraft you talk about is done by the Dark Lord Suaron/Saruman/other foes in the series? You people are truly inane,
                      And furthermore, you can all go piffle yourselves.
                      Hi and welcome to our friendly forums!

You seem to have forgotten to support your opinion with the Holy Word of God. Can you please share the scriptures in which you found your rather... unusual ideas?

Thanks!

Hello, my name is Mary. I hope to fellowship with you! That is, unless you don't listen to church authority (Deuteronomy 17:12); are a witch (Exodus 22:17); are a homosexual (Leviticus 20:13; Romans 1:24-32); or fortuneteller (Leviticus 20:27) or a snotty kid who hits their dad (Exodus 21:15); or curses their parents (Proverbs 20:20; Leviticus 20:9); an adulterer (Leviticus 20:10); a non-Christian (Exodus 22:19; Deuteronomy 13:7-12; Deuteronomy 17:2-5;Romans 1:24-32); an atheist (2 Chronicles 15:12-13); or false prophet (Zechariah 13:3); from the town of one who worships another, false god (Deuteronomy 13:13-19); were a non-virgin bride (Deuteronomy 22:20-21); or blasphemer (Leviticus 24:10-16), as God calls for your execution and will no doubt send you to Hell, and I have no interest developing a friendship with the Spiritually Walking Dead.

Comment

Originally posted by dragonitejc View Post
                        And furthermore, you can all go piffle yourselves.
                        Gandalf didn't use magic?
                        sigpic

Comment

"Even though The Lord of the Rings is not an allegory of the Gospels, we can find numerous parallels to the Gospels in The Lord of the Rings, since the Person at the center of the Gospels is omnipresent in hidden ways, not only in His eternal, universal nature as Truth, Goodness, and Beauty, but even in His particular historical manifestation, His Incarnation. For instance, Frodo's journey up Mount Doom is strikingly similar to Christ's Way of the Cross. Sam is his Simon of Cyrene, but he carries the cross bearer as well as the cross. There is no one complete, concrete, visible Christ figure in The Lord of the Rings, like Aslan in Narnia. But Christ is really, though invisibly, present in the whole of The Lord of the Rings. The Lord of the Rings is like the Eucharist. Under its appearances we find Christ, who under these (pagan, universal) figures (symbols, not allegories), is truly hidden: quae sub hisfiguris vere latitat. He is more clearly present in Gandalf, Frodo, and Aragorn, the three Christ figures. First of all, all three undergo different forms of death and resurrection (see section 5.1 of The Philosophy of Tolkien: The Worldview Behind The Lord of the Rings). Second, all three are saviors: through their self-sacrifice they help save all of Middle-earth from the demonic sway of Sauron. Third, they exemplify the Old Testament threefold Messianic symbolism of prophet (Gandalf), priest (Frodo), and king (Aragorn). These three "job descriptions" correspond to the three distinctively human powers of the soul, as discovered by nearly every psychologist from Plato to Freud: head, heart, and hands, or mind, emotions, and will. For this reason many great tales have three protagonists: Gandalf, Frodo, and Aragorn; Mr. Spock, Bones McCoy, and Captain Kirk; Ivan, Alyosha, and Dmitri Karamazov; St. John the philosophical mystic, St. James the practical moralist, and St. Peter the courageous leader and Rock. A fourth hidden presence of Christ in The Lord of the Rings is in the theme of divine providence (see section 2.2); for from the New Testament point of view Christ is the supreme example in history of divine providence–in fact, the single point of all other examples, of all history. A fifth presence of Christ in The Lord of the Rings is in the creative power of its language (see sections 9. 1 and 9-3). Christ is the Logos, the Word of God. He is mentioned in the Bible as early as Genesis 1:3 (cf. Jn 1:3), but as a verb, not a noun. A sixth presence is ecclesial. Tolkien was a Catholic and called The Lord of the Rings "a Catholic book" (see section 2.4). He removed "churches" from The Lord of the Rings not only to avoid anachronism but also to show the presence, in the depths of his plot, of the universal ("catholic") Church. For the Church is not only an organization but also an organism, an invisible, "mystical" Body, a "fellowship". The word "church", from the Greek ek-klesia, means "the called out". A good description of the Fellowship of the Ring. For the Church, too, is a "fellowship of a ring", but her ring is exactly the opposite of Sauron's. It is the Eucharist: a little wafer that is equally round, but full rather than empty; the humble extension of the Incarnation of God into man rather than the proud self-exaltation of man in order to make himself God. The Ring takes your life, your blood, like Dracula, a perfect opposite to Christ, Who comes to give His blood, to give us a blood transfusion. The two symbols are perfect opposites: the Ring of Power and the Bread of Weakness, the Lord of the Rings and the Lamb of God. The whole of history, as revealed in the Bible, is the cosmic jihad between Christ and Antichrist, martyr and vampire, humility of God versus pride of man. Throughout the Bible there is vertical symbolism exemplifying this contrast. Paradise is made in Eden by God's self-giving descent and lost through man's self-taking, man's succumbing to the devil's temptation to become "like God". The apparent rise is really the "fall". After Paradise is lost, the City of Man tries to rise up to Heaven again by its own power, in the Tower of Babel, and falls. And when Paradise is finally regained, the New Jerusalem of the City of God descends from Heaven as a grace. The most fundamental Christian symbol is the Cross. This also is perfectly opposite to the Ring. The Cross gives life; the Ring takes it. The Cross gives you death, not power; the Ring gives you power even over death. The Ring squeezes everything into its inner emptiness; the Cross expands in all four directions, gives itself to the emptiness, filling it with its blood, its life. The Ring is Dracula's tooth. The Cross is God's sword, held at the hilt by the hand of Heaven and plunged into the world not to take our blood but to give us His. The Cross is Christ's hypodermic; the Ring is Dracula's bite. The Cross saves other wills; the Ring dominates other wills. The Cross liberates; the Ring enslaves. The Cross works only freely, by the vulnerability of love. Love is vulnerable to rejection, and thus apparent failure. Frodo offers Gollum free kindness, but he fails to win Gollum's trust and fails himself, at the Crack of Doom, to complete his task. But his philosophy does not fail. He could have used the philosophy of Sauron, of the Ring. He could have used force and compelled Gollum, or even justly killed him. But no one can make another person good by controlling his will, not even God. Frodo nearly won Gollum by his kindness, but Gollum chose not to trust and lost both his body and his soul. Frodo failed. There is no room for failure in the philosophy of Sauron. There is room for failure in the philosophy of Tolkien, for the philosophy of Tolkien is simply Christianity. And according to Christianity, the most revealing thing that ever happened in history happened at another Crack of Doom, when Christ "failed", lost, died. That was how the meek little Lamb defeated the great dragon beast (see Rev 17, especially verse 14): by His blood. Frodo did what Christ did, and it "worked" because Christ did it, because it was real, not fantasy, and it was real because the real world is a "Christian" world. Only in a Christian world can this "failure" have such power."

http://www.ignatiusinsight.com/features2005/pkreeft_christlotr_nov05.asp
                          Unsaved trash violating copyright laws - added attribution (admin).
                          Last edited by WilliamJenningsBryan; 12-06-2013, 06:26 PM. Reason: DMCA - copyright attribution

Comment

Originally posted by balderdashwrites View Post
                            whatever
                            The British, an otherwise pointless race, have a word for this. It begins with a B, has a double L in the middle and ends CKS. The two missing vowels are both circular in shape. This word is often preceded by "What a load of utter".
                            2 Timothy 3:16

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

Comment

Originally posted by truthwins View Post
                              quae sub hisfiguris vere latitat..... Gandalf, Frodo, and Aragorn; Mr. Spock, Bones McCoy, and Captain Kirk; Ivan, Alyosha, and Dmitri Karamazov....
                              You left out the three little pigs, the three bears in the Goldilocks story, the three tenors, and Winken, Blinken, and Nod.

Originally posted by Attila's Wife View Post
                              The British, an otherwise pointless race, have a word for this. It begins with a B, has a double L in the middle and ends CKS. The two missing vowels are both circular in shape. This word is often preceded by "What a load of utter".
                              What a load of utter bellstocks? The way those Brits mangle the English language sure is amusing.
                              The Christian Right: The Only Right Way to Be a Christian!

Comment

Working...
                              X