X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ladies, the Song of Solomon does NOT apply to you

Originally posted by Blanche_Locke View Post
    It seems like an excuse for racism.
    Do you mean that race shifts blame for flaws in thought?
    Proverbs 20:23 Divers weights are an abomination unto the LORD; and a false balance is not good.

Comment

Originally posted by handmaiden View Post
      What the world likes to label "racism" is actually adherence to directives from the Almighty regarding dangerous admixture. In the Book of Leviticus we read of God's command:

Ye shall keep my statutes. Thou shalt not let thy cattle gender with a diverse kind: thou shalt not sow thy field with mingled seed: neither shall a garment mingled of linen and woollen come upon thee.

If that isn't clear enough for you, in Deuteronomy, God spells it out more firmly.

Neither shalt thou make marriages with them; thy daughter thou shalt not give unto his son, nor his daughter shalt thou take unto thy son.

Now before you post your riposte, please consider that this is a Bible discussion-themed site. It is not a pull-whatever-you-want-out-of-your-back-pocket site.
      Interesting, but I firmly believe in combining biblical principles with practical knowledge and common sense. And to me at least, it seems like it's saying that these are specific cases. Also, that command from Deuteronomy applied back then, in that special case.
      "Pulling things out of my back pocket" is the reason I'm alive and successful right now, kiddo. You should try it sometime
      Life is a cage, death is the key, all your drugs are belong to me.

... so then I can sell them to braindead lunatics, to get money, to buy guns, to spread capitalism.

Comment

...Also, that command from Deuteronomy applied back then, in that special case...
        And what do you base that opinion on?

Comment

Interesting, except that since the events of the bible take place in the middle east, everybody has fairly dark skin.
          If you google "Syria refugee children" you'll certainly see more diversity than in an average Midwestern town, but also a lot of blondes with blue eyes - and you consider them all to be dark skinned? I think that's racist.

Also, that command from Deuteronomy applied back then, in that special case.
          I didn't see an expiration date on my Bible. So we are not to follow the Ten Commandments anymore, either?
          God created fossils to test our faith.

My favorite LBC sermons:
          True Christians are Perfect!
          True Christian™ Love.
          Salvation™ made Easy!
          You can’t be a Christian if you don’t believe the Old Testament.
          Jesus is impolite. Deal with it.
          Jesus is xenophobic and so should we.
          Sanctity of Life is NOT a Biblical Concept.
          Biblical view on modern-day slavery.
          The Immorality of the "Universal Declaration of Human Rights."
          Geneva Conventions vs. The Holy Bible.
          God HATES Rational Thinking!
          True Christian™ Man as a spitting image of God.

Comment

Originally posted by Basilissa View Post
            I didn't see an expiration date on my Bible. So we are not to follow the Ten Commandments anymore, either?
            It's... kind of common sense? The countries in question don't exist anymore.
            Life is a cage, death is the key, all your drugs are belong to me.

... so then I can sell them to braindead lunatics, to get money, to buy guns, to spread capitalism.

Comment

It's... kind of common sense?...
              Since when does common sense determine Biblical Truth™?

Matthew 5:18 "For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled."

Sounds to me like everything still applies.

Comment

Malachi 3:6
                For I am The Lord, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed.

1Samuel 15:29
                And also the Strength of Israel will not lie nor repent: for He is not a man, that He should repent

Isaiah 40:8
                The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: but the word of our God shall stand forever.

Psalm 119:89
                Lamedh. For ever, O LORD, Thy word is settled in Heaven

Proverbs 19:21
                There are many devices in a man's heart, nevertheless, the counsel of the LORD, that shall stand.

Hebrews 13:8
                Jesus Christ, the same yesterday and today and forever

Psalm 102:27
                But thou art the same, and thy years shall have no end.
                His left hand should be under my head, and his right hand should embrace me.

Guns For God and the Economy

Comment

You see, the problem with "common sense" is that it changes every generation, as well as varies from region to region. Until 2018 it was common sense in Saudi Arabia, that women could not drive a car. Some people complain about women in Afghanistan being now forced to wear body bags, but less than 150 years ago common sense in Europe and the Americas stated it was immoral for women to show their ankles. Who knows what will be the common sense in 50 years. Eating crickets instead of beef? Not using plastic? Or something even worse?

On the other hand, the commandments of the Holy Bible are forever.
                  God created fossils to test our faith.

My favorite LBC sermons:
                  True Christians are Perfect!
                  True Christian™ Love.
                  Salvation™ made Easy!
                  You can’t be a Christian if you don’t believe the Old Testament.
                  Jesus is impolite. Deal with it.
                  Jesus is xenophobic and so should we.
                  Sanctity of Life is NOT a Biblical Concept.
                  Biblical view on modern-day slavery.
                  The Immorality of the "Universal Declaration of Human Rights."
                  Geneva Conventions vs. The Holy Bible.
                  God HATES Rational Thinking!
                  True Christian™ Man as a spitting image of God.

Comment

In fairness I should acknowledge that some decrees from God are short term only. Eating manna is one example, no specified expiry date but nevertheless impermanent. Another example is getting water from a rock. Initially Exodus 17:6 smiting the rock was commanded to obtain water. That didn't mean that whenever water was required a rock should be smitten to get it. Later on, thirst loomed again but this time Numbers 20:8 God's commandment was to speak to the rock. Moses did the wrong thing Numbers 20:11-12 and was punished accordingly. Food restrictions were similarly temporary, like eating manna or quails had been, and The Bible marks the end of those limitations unmistakably. Murder? Adultery? Mixed fabrics? Not so much. Those remain current.

When set free from slavery, The Israelites took a rather circuitous route not because they'd gone mad (they had at one stage gone mad, with the golden calf made from all that jewellery Exodus 12:35-36 purloined from the Egyptians at some considerable risk, given that they'd want it back eventually) but because they were guided by a pillars of fire & smoke Nehemiah 9:12 showing them where to go. Later on, say in 600BC or 2021AD to pick a couple of dates at random, different routes would be appropriate or even any route you fancied (not possible at present of course) because the limited commandments about travel or water have expired. It's explicitly so, though. Murder etc., still on the books.

Comment

Originally posted by MitzaLizalor View Post
                      In fairness I should acknowledge that some decrees from God are short term only. . . Murder etc., still on the books.
                      As is God's prohibition against homosexuality, women speaking in church and playing fast and loose with God's Holy Word.

Revelation 22:18-19

For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

Deuteronomy 4:2

Ye shall not add unto the word which I command you, neither shall ye diminish ought from it, that ye may keep the commandments of the LORD your God which I command you.

2Timothy 3:16

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

Comment

Oh yes, there aren't many short term commandments. And you never need to work it out: it's right there in The Bible.

Sacrifices would be another example. God still requires blood but now it's Christ's blood He accepts and there's no need for the Temple or the curtain and the Holy of Holies.
                        Matthew 27:50-54 Jesus, when he had cried again with a loud voice, yielded up the ghost. And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent; and the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose, and came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many. Now when the centurion, and they that were with him, watching Jesus, saw the earthquake, and those things that were done, they feared greatly, saying, Truly this was the Son of God.

Pretty unmistakable all things considered.

Comment

Originally posted by luisbogdani
                          Hallo and here is something for you to consider. [*** LINK TO DISGUSTING "ADULT" SITE REMOVED BY DEDICATED MODERATOR ***] It is nice to be with you. Does your church believe the same things as the Jahovah Witness people?
                          No. We do not believe in the same things as the Jehovah's Witness people.

They eschew the King James Version of the Bible in favor of their own unfortunate translation. They reject the Divinity of Jesus Christ and the Trinity of God the Father, Jesus Christ His Son, and the Holy Spirit. Instead, they have some bizarre idea that Jesus is somehow separate from God.

They think that your actual soul is somehow contained in your blood (They never specify if it's in the red corpuscles or the white cells or the platelets or whatever.) They have some weird idea that only 144,000 people get to heaven and the rest of the humans who are "saved" (by their definition) get to live out cushy lives on a newly restored Earth.

It's all pretty silly, of course. But the worst part is that they don't salute the American flag. The inability to see America's unique place and special blessing from Jesus is the most offensive aspect of their generally offensive belief system.

Michael Jackson was a Jehovah's Witness and look where that got him.

Comment

I once for my church interpreted the Song of Solomon into an experimental musical arrangement and sang it. Oh I remember it fondly.

A bundle of murrrr is well beloved onto me, and he shall lie betwist my breeeeasssstttts!!!!

Of course, I could only guess what these words sound like to normal people, so what came out of my mouth that day could be anyone's guess.

Comment

Working...
                            X