X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New rule: post a fact, any fact

I'm sick of unsaved trash nondebunking the Bible with unsupported opinions, empty slogans, and one the same 3 out-of context Sunday-School scripture quotes. From now on, I demand that every newbie post a fact - any fact - just to get in the habit. Or just to see if they are actually capable of it.

It can be "the tallest mountain is Mount Everest" or "the largest river is the Amazon". Any fact at all, heck, it doesn't even need to be correct. I just want to see if you can type a fact without your fingers falling off, that's all.
    Disagree? By failing to register and debate me, you prove that liberals are factless frauds who only persuade through intimidation. To prove otherwise, debate me!
    Got Questions? See Frequently Asked Questions, or use Forum Search, tag system, or our guides on Geography, History, Science, Comparative Religion, Civics, and Current Events.
    Did I use a new word you've never heard? Definitions here. | Vote! Everything you need to vote here!

Re: New rule: post a fact, any fact

The King James 1611 Bible is the inerrant word of God.
    I was sinking deep in sin far from the peaceful shore,
    Very deeply stained within, sinking to rise no more;
    But the Master of the Sea heard my despairing cry,
    From the waters lifted me, now safe am I!

Comment

Amen!
      WARNING:
      In accordance with article 7 of the Swaggart Amendment to the Landover Baptist Church Constitution, you are hereby notified that this forum user is a
      REGISTERED SPIRITUAL PREDATOR, and prohibited from sending or receiving personal messages, text messages, or instant messages to forum users below the rank of True Christian™. This user is further prohibited from engaging with any persons in real-time audio or video "chats" via Web cams, Skype, Facetime, or any other Internet audio/video technology or service.

Comment

Fact: the Sun can stop in its tracks until a God-approved battle is over.

Joshua 10:12-14
        12 Then spake Joshua to the Lord in the day when the Lord delivered up the Amorites before the children of Israel, and he said in the sight of Israel, Sun, stand thou still upon Gibeon; and thou, Moon, in the valley of Ajalon.
        13 And the sun stood still, and the moon stayed, until the people had avenged themselves upon their enemies. Is not this written in the book of Jasher? So the sun stood still in the midst of heaven, and hasted not to go down about a whole day.
        14 And there was no day like that before it or after it, that the Lord hearkened unto the voice of a man: for the Lord fought for Israel.
        God created fossils to test our faith.

My favorite LBC sermons:
        True Christians are Perfect!
        True Christian™ Love.
        Salvation™ made Easy!
        You can’t be a Christian if you don’t believe the Old Testament.
        Jesus is impolite. Deal with it.
        Jesus is xenophobic and so should we.
        Sanctity of Life is NOT a Biblical Concept.
        Biblical view on modern-day slavery.
        The Immorality of the "Universal Declaration of Human Rights."
        Geneva Conventions vs. The Holy Bible.
        God HATES Rational Thinking!
        True Christian™ Man as a spitting image of God.

Comment

No unsaved trash has dared take my challenge. And I know you guys are reading this.

You, the typical unsaved trash, separates truth from falsehood by superficially glancing at a some clickbait headline, saying "well, it looks true" and then being loud and opinionated based on that.

So if a total non-expert on aircraft, physics, and in-flight snacks just scribbled together a blueprint for an airplane, and said "well, it looks like it will fly", would you volunteer to be on the maiden flight?

No, of course you wouldn't. When your skin is on the line, when your butt is likely to be the one falling from the sky in a rain of flaming jet fuel and small packets of mediocre pretzels, suddenly "it looks right" isn't good enough.

Things are complicated. Things are not only more complicated than you imagine, they are more complicated than most people CAN imagine. You need people who sweated bullets to learn the facts. You need obsessive nerds who spend sleepless blue-balled nights studying everything that can go wrong. You need people who say "it looks good enough, but WHAT DOES THE BIBLE SAY?"
          Disagree? By failing to register and debate me, you prove that liberals are factless frauds who only persuade through intimidation. To prove otherwise, debate me!
          Got Questions? See Frequently Asked Questions, or use Forum Search, tag system, or our guides on Geography, History, Science, Comparative Religion, Civics, and Current Events.
          Did I use a new word you've never heard? Definitions here. | Vote! Everything you need to vote here!

Comment

Originally posted by Jeb Stuart Thurmond View Post
            No unsaved trash has dared take my challenge. And I know you guys are reading this.

You, the typical unsaved trash, separates truth from falsehood by superficially glancing at a some clickbait headline, saying "well, it looks true" and then being loud and opinionated based on that.

So if a total non-expert on aircraft, physics, and in-flight snacks just scribbled together a blueprint for an airplane, and said "well, it looks like it will fly", would you volunteer to be on the maiden flight?

No, of course you wouldn't. When your skin is on the line, when your butt is likely to be the one falling from the sky in a rain of flaming jet fuel and small packets of mediocre pretzels, suddenly "it looks right" isn't good enough.

Things are complicated. Things are not only more complicated than you imagine, they are more complicated than most people CAN imagine. You need people who sweated bullets to learn the facts. You need obsessive nerds who spend sleepless blue-balled nights studying everything that can go wrong. You need people who say "it looks good enough, but WHAT DOES THE BIBLE SAY?"
            Here is a fact: The earth is a flat square

Revelation 7:1

And after these things I saw four angels standing on the four corners of the earth, holding the four winds of the earth, that the wind should not blow on the earth, nor on the sea, nor on any tree.

Last edited by Basilissa; 01-31-2019, 09:00 PM. Reason: original picture was way too large

Comment

Originally posted by Jeb Stuart Turdmond View Post
              I'm sick of unsaved trash nondebunking the Bible with unsupported opinions, empty slogans, and one the same 3 out-of context Sunday-School scripture quotes. From now on, I demand that every newbie post a fact - any fact - just to get in the habit. Or just to see if they are actually capable of it.

It can be "the tallest mountain is Mount Everest" or "the largest river is the Amazon". Any fact at all, heck, it doesn't even need to be correct. I just want to see if you can type a fact without your fingers falling off, that's all.
              Fact: the KJV was written by King James who was not a prophet so it cannot be the unadulterated word of God

Fact: Jesus alaihi salam never said “I am a god or worship me”. Its always Paul and Paul saying those things

Fact: you cannot prove me wrong on this

Fact: you are too scared to debate me so editing my posts and sending me infractions and hiding behind made up rules is all you can do to protect your weak faith in Paul. If your faith were strong, you wouldn’t be so scared of debating anyone

Comment

Originally posted by MustBeOnDrugs View Post
                Fact: the KJV was written by King James
                Please show me a single book of the Bible which was authored by king James.

who was not a prophet so it cannot be the unadulterated word of God
                Ever heard of a translation? It's a fascinating concept; if you spoke more than one language, you might be able to comprehend it.
                Fact: Jesus alaihi salam never said “I am a god or worship me”. Its always Paul and Paul saying those things

Fact: you cannot prove me wrong on this
                Yes we can.

Timothy 3:16-17
                16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
                17 That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.

Fact: you are too scared to debate me so editing my posts and sending me infractions and hiding behind made up rules is all you can do to protect your weak faith in Paul. If your faith were strong, you wouldn’t be so scared of debating anyone
                Start reading and citing the Bible, we certainly can help you guide you to God.

My favorite LBC sermons:
                True Christian™ Love.
                Salvation™ made Easy!

Comment

Originally posted by Basilissa View Post
                  Please show me a single book of the Bible which was authored by king James.

Ever heard of a translation? It's a fascinating concept; if you spoke more than one language, you might be able to comprehend it.Yes we can.

Timothy 3:16-17
                  16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
                  17 That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.

Start reading and citing the Bible, we certainly can help you guide you to God.
                  I speak Arabic, Russian and English so i know what a translation is. You guys only speak English (except the ones obsessed with navajo).

A translation is not the word of God. It is just a translation. A translation made by a King 1600 years after Jesus alaihi salam. Why do you accept this?

Dont get me wrong, im not putting the KJV down. I recognized as the translation closest to the original, and vastly superior to NIV and other translations that came after it. It is the most widely read Bible in the word for a reason. But it still a translation and not the original text.

No Muslim on Earth would accept a Quran as the word of God if it is on any language other than Classical Arabic, the language it was revealed. Even a translation to Modern Standard Arabic would be unacceptable as a the word of God and it would be treated just as commentary/interpretation.

I have read and studied the Bible. And what i find is that everything related to more than one God, that Jesus is a god, that a holy ghost is a god, is always written by Paul or Timothy or non relevant people.

When the Bible cites Jesus directly, we find that he is not God. He is the Messiah and the Christ, and one of the mightest Prophets of God, but he never claims divinity nor he tells anyone to worship him.

Jesus alaihi salam cant do anything by himself. All the power for his miracles comes from God.
                  John 5:30
                  “I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.”

Jesus doesnt even know when judgement day will be! Not Jesus not the angels not everybody except the One true God. Only God knows when the hour will be

Matthew 24:36
                  “But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.”

Comment

The Breath of God moves the dendrites of our minds as the wind moves the branches of the trees.

This probably comes out better in one of the original languages of The Bible. How would it read in Arabic? I've thought of learning classical Arabic. Is it very different from what's spoken in Arabia? When visiting I've only ever needed English but I've only been to 3 or 4 countries there. I found the roads quite good and the drivers polite.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeb Stuart Thurmond View Post

As they say at Boeing, no nerds, no birds.

Comment

I speak Arabic, Russian and English so i know what a translation is. You guys only speak English (except the ones obsessed with navajo).
                        Gavaritie pa russkiy, tavarishch? Excellent! I do need to brush up on my Cyrillic, I haven't used it for a while, so I read Russian painfully slowly (but I understand Russian OK when listening to spoken language). And actually, you speak less languages than I do. (Nonetheless, we both pale in comparison with Dr. Elmer White, who is fluent in something 15 or 20 or more languages - I lost count long time ago).

A translation is not the word of God. It is just a translation. A translation made by a King 1600 years after Jesus alaihi salam. Why do you accept this?
                        Because the Bible has been written in languages which now are dead, and not every Christian is a polyglot. Would you rather deprive Christians from reading the Holy Book which is the basis of our religion? Also, your critique is rather hypocritical, as your book also has been translated into other languages very long after it was written. When I read Koran, it was actually a 20th century Polish translation, so ca. 1400 hundred years after the book was written. Does that mean I read complete garbage? (I mean, most Christians would agree that it definitely was pure garbage, but I'm asking for your opinion here).

Dont get me wrong, im not putting the KJV down. I recognized as the translation closest to the original, and vastly superior to NIV and other translations that came after it. It is the most widely read Bible in the word for a reason. But it still a translation and not the original text.
                        Sure, and I do enjoy looking at the original versions, parsing words and tracing meanings. Then again - not everybody is a linguist.

No Muslim on Earth would accept a Quran as the word of God if it is on any language other than Classical Arabic, the language it was revealed. Even a translation to Modern Standard Arabic would be unacceptable as a the word of God and it would be treated just as commentary/interpretation.
                        OK, let me get this straight. Languages change, on average, 11% in a century. That means the more time passes, the less legible the original text is. Are you sure you guys are OK with the entire population reading something you can no longer understand? Or do you understand that reading the original text is a luxury limited to specialized linguists, while the rest of the population has no choice but to read a translation?

Also please note that you do not speak for every Muslim on earth. The translation of the Koran I read was a printed book, published by the Polish Muslim Society. Here is their website, with Polish translation of the Koran, plus the original text and commentaries.

I have read and studied the Bible. And what i find is that everything related to more than one God, that Jesus is a god, that a holy ghost is a god, is always written by Paul or Timothy or non relevant people.
                        Here's the thing: with the Bible, is either all or nothing. Either it is the Word of God from beginning to end; or it is an unreliable collection of fables written by schizophrenics, parts of which may or may not be based on some actual events. The moment you begin to say, "oh, I only believe parts of it, and the rest is wrong," you open the path to questioning all of the Bible. If the Bible is not the Word of God, then how can you assess which parts of it are true and which parts are fables? That is a very slippery slope, dear.

Jesus alaihi salam cant do anything by himself. All the power for his miracles comes from God.
                        John 5:30
                        “I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.”
                        Indeed. God acts through Jesus and the Holy Ghost. Think of it like a hand with fingers. To make the metaphor more obvious, you'll have to chop off two fingers, so that you're left with just three. Three fingers, one hand.

My favorite LBC sermons:
                        True Christian™ Love.
                        Salvation™ made Easy!

Comment

Originally posted by MitzaLizalor View Post
                          The Breath of God moves the dendrites of our minds as the wind moves the branches of the trees.

This probably comes out better in one of the original languages of The Bible. How would it read in Arabic? I've thought of learning classical Arabic. Is it very different from what's spoken in Arabia? When visiting I've only ever needed English but I've only been to 3 or 4 countries there. I found the roads quite good and the drivers polite.
                          Do you think that Jesus, the creator of all things could not make sure the Bible is in the correct language for the audience to understand?

The KJV1611 was obviously written for white people to understand and written normally. In the Bible times when everyone spoke Jewish the Bible was written in a language couched in financial terms where property and ownership and strictly following rules were most important.

English being the language of white people is has fewer formal rules and you can see that the KJV1611 only has one rule: do exactly what Jesus demands every time, forever without fail.

Despite all of the chances Jesus gave the Jews they couldn’t help themselves but kill Him for money so there was no reason to keep writing the BibleKJV in Jewish.

Turns out white people (or at least all non/Jews) are more trustworthy so the most up to date Bible in the language of a trust worthy people is by definition the most accurate: and if you don’t believe me Incan cite the highest authority!

That’s right: the BIBLE(KJV1611) 🙌🏻

Do you see now?

YIC
                          1 Corinthians 11:3 But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.

Revelation 22:15 For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.

Leviticus 20:13 If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

Comment

Originally posted by Pastor Ezekiel
                            About your private message
                            If you took your time to learn about the other Abrahamic teligions, like most pastors actually do, youd see we all believe in Moses, and Noah and the flood, creation, etc so your claims that i dont believe in the flood are false. These are common beliefs between the 3 religions. All pastors know this

Even scientists believe in the flood as it is a proven historical fact

Comment

If you took your time to learn about the other Abrahamic teligions, like most pastors actually do, youd see we all believe in Moses, and Noah and the flood, creation, etc so your claims that i dont believe in the flood are false. These are common beliefs between the 3 religions. All pastors know this

Even scientists believe in the flood as it is a proven historical fact
                              Sweetie, instead of being mean towards our Pastor, why don't you engage in a civilized discussion - you could start by addressing my post above.

My favorite LBC sermons:
                              True Christian™ Love.
                              Salvation™ made Easy!

Comment

Working...
                              X