X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help me out

Hey, you may remember me, but it doesn't matter.

Basically, there's this problem that not a single has yet given me a straight answer to; I thought that you, as basically the most religious people I know to exist, could at least help me.

Here's the thing:

God is Omnipotent.
    God is Eternal.

Can God kill Himself?
    That is, can God eliminate himself from all existence, forever?

If He can't, He is not Omnipotent.
    If He can, He is not Eternal, since He has an end.

I e-mailed Pastor Zeke, but I think my message was buried somewhere in his junk mail

If I have faith in anything, it's this Forum's ability to answer any and all questions about Christianity.

Re: Please help me out

Originally posted by OutRider View Post
    Basically, there's this problem that not a single has yet given me a straight answer to; I thought that you, as basically the most religious people I know to exist, could at least help me.
    Thank you for your faith, dear!

Here's the thing:

God is Omnipotent.
    God is Eternal.

Can God kill Himself?
    He did - He killed His Son (Who is also Him), and stayed dead for one and a half day. We just celebrated His Resurrection a week ago!

That is, can God eliminate himself from all existence, forever?

If He can't, He is not Omnipotent.
    If He can, He is not Eternal, since He has an end.
    Third option:

He can (because He's Omnipotent) but He won't (because He wants to stay Eternal).

I e-mailed Pastor Zeke, but I think my message was buried somewhere in his junk mail
    Pastor Zeke has important things to attend. If your message was important, he'll address it. Eventually.

If I have faith in anything, it's this Forum's ability to answer any and all questions about Christianity.
    Oh thank you kindly, dear!
    God created fossils to test our faith.

My favorite LBC sermons:
    True Christians are Perfect!
    True Christian™ Love.
    Salvation™ made Easy!
    You can’t be a Christian if you don’t believe the Old Testament.
    Jesus is impolite. Deal with it.
    Jesus is xenophobic and so should we.
    Sanctity of Life is NOT a Biblical Concept.
    Biblical view on modern-day slavery.
    The Immorality of the "Universal Declaration of Human Rights."
    Geneva Conventions vs. The Holy Bible.
    God HATES Rational Thinking!
    True Christian™ Man as a spitting image of God.

Comment

Originally posted by Basilissa View Post
      Pastor Zeke has important things to attend. If your message was important, he'll address it. Eventually.

I suspected as much

Third option:

He can (because He's Omnipotent) but He won't (because He wants to stay Eternal).

But here's the thing:

If He will kill Himself (In the Future) He is not (In the Present) Eternal, as He will have an End (In the Future)

So to be Eternal, there must be no chance of Him killing Himself in the Future. As such, He cannot be both able to kill Himself and Eternal.

Please note that each time I say kill I mean erase from existence forever.

Comment

But here's the thing:

If He will kill Himself (In the Future) He is not (In the Present) Eternal, as He will have an End (In the Future)

So to be Eternal, there must be no chance of Him killing Himself in the Future. As such, He cannot be both able to kill Himself and Eternal.
        That's why He won't kill Himself (even though He totally could)!

EDIT:

One more question: do you remember when you sent that email to Pastor Zeke? Maybe I can ask the secretary to find it in the archives.
        Last edited by Basilissa; 04-28-2019, 09:05 PM. Reason: added question

My favorite LBC sermons:
        True Christian™ Love.
        Salvation™ made Easy!

Comment

That's why He won't kill Himself (even though He totally could)!
          But He can't do both. He can't kill himself and still be Eternal, right?

Comment

He can kill Himself hypothetically, which means He's still eternal.

Do you remember, when did you send that email to Pastor Zeke? It's probably buried somewhere in the archives, the secretary can send an intern to dig it out.

My favorite LBC sermons:
            True Christian™ Love.
            Salvation™ made Easy!

Comment

He can kill Himself hypothetically, which means He's still eternal.

Do you remember, when did you send that email to Pastor Zeke? It's probably buried somewhere in the archives, the secretary can send an intern to dig it out.
              Eh, it's fine - He would probably say everything you have.

Thank you so much, you've been very helpful.

Comment

Eh, it's fine - He would probably say everything you have.
                Dear, Pastor Ezekiel is a Godly true Christian(tm) man, which means he's way smarter than a lowly female like me.

My favorite LBC sermons:
                True Christian™ Love.
                Salvation™ made Easy!

Comment

...If I have faith in anything, it's this Forum's ability to answer any and all questions about Christianity.
                  Then why are you asking that question here? It has nothing to do with Christianity, which can be summed as "this is what you need to do to not get thrown into Hell". Anything musings outside of that consideration are pointless, and quite possibly dangerous to someone's faith (like your so-called paradox [hint: it isn't one] which questions the omnipotence of God).

Go bother the Gnostics with that shit.

Comment

Dear, Pastor Ezekiel is a Godly true Christian™ man, which means he's way smarter than a lowly female like me.
                    Gracious Humility! Sister basilla.God bless you.
                    John chapter 15 verses 13-14
                    Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one’s life for his friends.

You are My friends if you do whatever I command you.

Comment

Outrigger, you need to understand God is not a logic problem or thought exercise.
                      WARNING:
                      In accordance with article 7 of the Swaggart Amendment to the Landover Baptist Church Constitution, you are hereby notified that this forum user is a
                      REGISTERED SPIRITUAL PREDATOR, and prohibited from sending or receiving personal messages, text messages, or instant messages to forum users below the rank of True Christian™. This user is further prohibited from engaging with any persons in real-time audio or video "chats" via Web cams, Skype, Facetime, or any other Internet audio/video technology or service.

Comment

Dear, Pastor Ezekiel is a Godly true Christian™ man, which means he's way smarter than a lowly female like me.
                        Now Basilisca, don’t go an sell yourself short! While we men make the important decisions and handle the real business, we take solace knowing that there is always a place for animals and women.

For you, that place is in the kitchen, providing sustenance to your man so he can continue to provide for your family. Behind every great man there is a woman who cooks, cleans and does the laundry.
                        Pastor and CEO, Shatter Creek Baptist Church.

Comment

Seeing people like you with your narrow, close minded view of the world saddens me.

God has killed Himself already. Does Easter ring a bell. Everyone knows the Holy Trinity. God, Jesus and The Hole Ghost. Jesus, dead and buried. Arose from the dead. Proven fact.

See, what you fail to realize that God can kill Himself and then bring Himself back to life. Thus completing the Perfect Circle(r) of Life.

The mistake people like you make is to think of God as one of us. I can grow a tree. Cut teh tree down, to make a greenhouse. In that greenhouse, I can grow more trees from grafts of the original tree.

Really basic stuff. If you'd take five seconds to read your Bible, you would not to ask silly, obvious questions.
                          Isaiah 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.
                          Amos 3:6 Shall a trumpet be blown in the city, and the people not be afraid? shall there be evil in a city, and the LORD hath not done it?
                          Numbers 21:6 And the LORD sent fiery serpents among the people, and they bit the people; and much people of Israel died.
                          Matthew 10:34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.
                          Matthew 10:35 For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.
                          Matthew 10:36 And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.

Comment

Working...
                          X