X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Day 3. Genesis 7-9

Originally posted by Brother Harold Porter View Post
    It depends on whether the animal was of the clean or unclean species. If clean 7 and if unclean 2. God will describe to you in detail how to tell the difference when you get to Leviticus.

Keep reading.

Oh. Got it, I will have to keep reading then.

Comment

Oh I have one more question but first I will say I'm sorry to waste your time on some of my stupid questions... I just don't want to have the wrong idea of God's Word.
      Ok so in Genesis 9:11 it says about how God will never send another flood to kill people. What about all those floods we're having now, like Katrina? Are those just to warn people about their ways, and telling them they should change, or what?

Comment

Originally posted by Cindy Karly View Post
        Oh I have one more question but first I will say I'm sorry to waste your time on some of my stupid questions... I just don't want to have the wrong idea of God's Word.
        Ok so in Genesis 9:11 it says about how God will never send another flood to kill people. What about all those floods we're having now, like Katrina? Are those just to warn people about their ways, and telling them they should change, or what?
        I'll cut you a degree of slack, as you are a woman and your reading comprehension is likely marginal, but this is NOT a forum to question the inerrancy of God's Word. He tells us this.

2 Timothy 3:16 "All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:"
        As to your question, it is answered within the very verse you quote.

Genesis 9:11 "And I will establish my covenant with you; neither shall all flesh be cut off any more by the waters of a flood; neither shall there any more be a flood to destroy the earth."
        This scripture clearly indicates that God will never destroy all of earth or all life again with a global flood. He didn't say anything about regional calamities in insignificant areas like New Orleans or third-world countries.

In Christ
        Matthew 19:14 "But Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven."

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Brother Harold Porter View Post
          I'll cut you a degree of slack, as you are a woman and your reading comprehension is likely marginal, but this is NOT a forum to question the inerrancy of God's Word. He tells us this.

As to your question, it is answered within the very verse you quote.

This scripture clearly indicates that God will never destroy all of earth or all life again with a global flood. He didn't say anything about regional calamities in insignificant areas like New Orleans or third-world countries.

In Christ
          Oh..That makes sense, I should pay more attention to what I read, I am sorry if it seems like I am questioning God's Word, I do not mean to... But thank you for being so patient with me anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Cindy Karly View Post
            You are reading the Authorized King James Version, correct? This sounds like the confusion that is started when people start reading the NIV or some other nonsense.
            Drama queen

Comment

Originally posted by BelieverInGod View Post
              You are reading the Authorized King James Version, correct? This sounds like the confusion that is started when people start reading the NIV or some other nonsense.

Yes the King James 1611 right? No I would never read such things. Especally since they twist scripture around, I want the TRUE REAL 110% Word of God, not some dumbed down/twisted stuff that people claim is true.

Comment

It's so intresting to first read the KJV and then read about what everyone has to say, it really helps me to understand the bible much more!

Praise Jesus!

Yours in Christ
                Elisabeth
                Proverbs 14:1

Every wise woman buildeth her house:
                but the foolish plucketh it down with her hands.

Comment

I read this and I couldn't ignore that when in:

Genesis 8:11 And the dove came in to him in the evening; and, lo, in her mouth was an olive leaf pluckt off: so Noah knew that the waters were abated from off the earth.

That during this time, even though the floodwaters were still reasonably high (inferred from the fact that Noah, when he looked outside his ark, had to send a creature to detect land), that the different plants such as the olive tree could still be there.

I think that this is incredible in a lot of ways! It shows how God was able to grow whole trees within 7 days! Or, even better, God could have used His Power to keep them alive! This is incredible!

Sadly, when I think of those crazy hydroponics researchers trying to act as God and believe that they can edit the world like He can, it is quite disappointing...I'll leave that open.

Praise be to God!
                  Genesis 6:6: And the LORD was sorry that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him to his heart.

Comment

No, god can't grow trees in 7 days, that is metaphorical. What is more likely, that the universal constants were suspended to make the bible literally true, or is it more likely that the bible is written in symbolism and metaphors, like the ones Jesus spoke in. (It puts stories in our heads and help us to think)

Comment

Originally posted by Dawkinian View Post
                      No, god can't grow trees in 7 days, that is metaphorical. What is more likely, that the universal constants were suspended to make the bible literally true, or is it more likely that the bible is written in symbolism and metaphors, like the ones Jesus spoke in. (It puts stories in our heads and help us to think)
                      So are you saying the Bible is all metaphors? Jesus is just a fable?
                      sigpic
                      Isaiah 34:6 The sword of the LORD is filled with blood, it is made fat with fatness, and with the blood of lambs and goats, with the fat of the kidneys of rams: for the LORD hath a sacrifice in Bozrah, and a great slaughter in the land of Idumea.

John 5:46,47 For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me: for he wrote of me. But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words?

Join me in scoffing at backwards Muslims clinging to their beliefs in the face of the evidence!
                      The truth about volcanos
                      Sex and debauchery in public schools
                      Faith wins over science (explained for even the very stupid)
                      God Cures AIDS - GLORY!
                      Desert whale bones prove Great Flood once and for all.

Comment

Working...
                      X