X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hy from Croatia...

I'ma 36-year-old catholic from Croatia, was Christian since birth but inmy early twenties, i have received great graces from God through thefeast of Divine Mercy and the accompanying rosary that is prayed as apart of that devotion. Since I'm geographically close to this I hadmany encounters with Međugorje and father Zlatko Sudac, where I alsoreceived great graces...

I'man unemployed writer. I'm writing a novel recently where I'm tryingto incorporate important and controversial questions of today'sChristian and Catholic world into a novel, and this way question a whole thing...

Re: Hy from Croatia...

Welcome, Adam. We would like to help you with your project of writing a novel about Christianity. Perhaps we could provide some useful information. Please post again with a question.
    Isaiah 24:1-3 Behold, the LORD maketh the earth empty (2)...as the taker of usury, so with the giver of usury to him. (3) The land shall be utterly emptied, and utterly spoiled: for the LORD hath spoken his word.

Comment

Hello Adam and welcome to our forum! I understand that as a Catholic you may have never had the opportunity to read the Bible, but I'll ask anyway: what is your favorite verse?
      God created fossils to test our faith.

My favorite LBC sermons:
      True Christians are Perfect!
      True Christian™ Love.
      Salvation™ made Easy!
      You can’t be a Christian if you don’t believe the Old Testament.
      Jesus is impolite. Deal with it.
      Jesus is xenophobic and so should we.
      Sanctity of Life is NOT a Biblical Concept.
      Biblical view on modern-day slavery.
      The Immorality of the "Universal Declaration of Human Rights."
      Geneva Conventions vs. The Holy Bible.
      God HATES Rational Thinking!
      True Christian™ Man as a spitting image of God.

Comment

Originally posted by Adam. M View Post
        I'ma 36-year-old catholic from Croatia, was Christian since birth but inmy early twenties, i have received great graces from God through thefeast of Divine Mercy and the accompanying rosary that is prayed as apart of that devotion. Since I'm geographically close to this I hadmany encounters with Međugorje and father Zlatko Sudac, where I alsoreceived great graces...

I'man unemployed writer. I'm writing a novel recently where I'm tryingto incorporate important and controversial questions of today'sChristian and Catholic world into a novel, and this way question a whole thing...
        Gretings Croatian friend!

It is a great thing that someone is trying to contribute to expand the world of Catholic authors of fiction, considering that when we think about it we only talk about Chesterton and Tolkien most of the time.

By the way, unlike many other Italians, I'm not mad about the fact that Istria and Fiume are now part of Croatia, since I'm not worshipping the bald hanged-man. However, I hop that you encourage your fellow Croatians to not deny the genocide of the Foibe that happened under Tito, as it is not a good thing denying war atrocities (something that Anglo-Saxons, Germans, Turks, Russians, Chinese and Japanese do all the time ).

Anyway, I wish you good luck and I will pray to St. Thomas Aquinas that you will have success with your book!

Comment

Originally posted by Johny Joe Hold View Post
          Welcome, Adam. We would like to help you with your project of writing a novel about Christianity. Perhaps we could provide some useful information. Please post again with a question.
          Thats excatly what i had in mind...
          To have that impact of baptism in my novel, i hope you will help me ! I'm also writing on one orthodox christian forum where I gather information from their denomination also. Novel is a place where we could easily put everyones information in one place without much argue and then see what will turn out true in a near future. Its like a poem...

Im specificly interested in apocalyptic events ahead of us, if there are any to see with our own eyes in the near future. I believe there are many and i will describe them in my novels.

Comment

Originally posted by Romeo Rovagnati View Post
            Gretings Croatian friend!

It is a great thing that someone is trying to contribute to expand the world of Catholic authors of fiction, considering that when we think about it we only talk about Chesterton and Tolkien most of the time.

By the way, unlike many other Italians, I'm not mad about the fact that Istria and Fiume are now part of Croatia, since I'm not worshipping the bald hanged-man. However, I hop that you encourage your fellow Croatians to not deny the genocide of the Foibe that happened under Tito, as it is not a good thing denying war atrocities (something that Anglo-Saxons, Germans, Turks, Russians, Chinese and Japanese do all the time ).

Anyway, I wish you good luck and I will pray to St. Thomas Aquinas that you will have success with your book!
            Tito goes in my book also, it was Yugoslaw Partisans who did war crimes against Italians, this communist Army consisted mostly of non-Croats - they were biggest enemy of Croatia in a war. And im also not mad at Venice that they stealed our land in Dalmatia during Ottoman Incursions and even before that, using crusaders to conquer Zadar for them. I will pray divine mercy rosary for you !

Comment

Hello, dear Mr. Adam, and to . We are pleased that you have found us within this tangled interwebs galaxy. We can most definitely assist you in your search for the Truth of , which — you must be realizing by now — is something that you will not find in the Cathyolick religion.

Now, then, as our beloved Sister Basilissa has requested, I wonder, as well, if you could provide us with your favorite verse from the glorious ? We do have that request (along with a couple of others) at the top of our friendly Introduction Forum page, as you shall see here:

The introduction forum Attention Unsaved Trash: This the ONLY subforum you can start threads in. Here is where you introduce yourself. Tell us what church you go to and what your favorite Bible verse is and how you came to find Jesus.

We look forward to getting to know you, Dear; and, please, do feel free to browse through our many forums of -inspired goodness — here, at .
              Last edited by Isabella White; 12-21-2021, 08:00 PM. Reason: Formatting Issue Resolved.
              (Mrs.) Isabella White

Hebrews 10:19 " Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the of "

Comment

Hello, and welcome to the Landover Baptist Church! If you would start praying to Jesus instead of to popes and saints, I'm sure the Lord would help you find a job. Or are you one of the fifty-percenters who expect the government to subsidize your lazy lifestyle?
                The Christian Right: The Only Right Way to Be a Christian!

Comment

Originally posted by Isabella White View Post
                  Hello, dear Mr. Adam, and to . We are pleased that you have found us within this tangled interwebs galaxy. We can most definitely assist you in your search for the Truth of , which — you must be realizing by now — is something that you will not find in the Cathyolick religion.

Now, then, as our beloved Sister Basilissa has requested, I wonder, as well, if you could provide us with your favorite verse from the glorious ? We do have that request (along with a couple of others) at the top of our friendly Introduction Forum page, as you shall see here:

The introduction forum Attention Unsaved Trash: This the ONLY subforum you can start threads in. Here is where you introduce yourself. Tell us what church you go to and what your favorite Bible verse is and how you came to find Jesus.

We look forward to getting to know you, Dear; and, please, do feel free to browse through our many forums of -inspired goodness — here, at .

Favourite bible verse:

Revelation 16:16

And they assembled them at the place that in Hebrew is called Armageddon.

Arrmageddon means "between the hills", and Međugorje means "between the hills" so think that Međugorje is the possibble exact location of Armageddon. I will put this in my novel. You say your opinion on Armageddon, or baptist view of it in general, so i cna put that also in my novel and make it more interesting...

Comment

Hello Adam, and may I offer you the warmest of Landover welcomes! Tell us why, as a Croatian, are you so fascinated by something that happened - or (more likely) didn't happen - in Međugorje, which is in Bosnia and Herzegovina?

Whereabouts in Croatia are you from?
                    Vaccinated by the love of Jesus!!!

Comment

Originally posted by WWJDnow View Post
                      Hello, and welcome to the Landover Baptist Church! If you would start praying to Jesus instead of to popes and saints, I'm sure the Lord would help you find a job. Or are you one of the fifty-percenters who expect the government to subsidize your lazy lifestyle?
                      That's very true Brother. Too many foreigners come over here with the expectation of a better life - that's elitist against hard working Americans.

I don't know what the culture is like in the OP's country but before he comes here to take our jobs I recommend he take mandatory equity, diversity and inclusivity training. Ask yourself: do you want to be like the short fat guy on the left or his bitchy secretary? The correct answer is BOTH of course.
                      Attached Files
                      If I have seen further, it is by standing on the heads of others.

Comment

Originally posted by Adam. M View Post
                        Arrmageddon means "between the hills",
                        Not true - har megiddo: הר מגיד - means Mount Meggido.

This is Mount Megiddo - in northern Israel, not in former Yugoslavia:

and Međugorje means "between the hills" so think that Međugorje is the possibble exact location of Armageddon.
                        It cannot be, since Mount Meggido (Har Meggido) is in Israel.

However, I'd like to also point out that "between the hills" - which has nothing to do with Armageddon - is a rather common etymology in hilly areas. Here is the picture of the sleepy village Międzygórze (that's western Slavic for "between the hills;" despite different spelling, pronunciation is very similar to Međugorje) in now-Poland, used-to-be Germany:

You say your opinion on Armageddon, or baptist view of it in general, so i cna put that also in my novel and make it more interesting...
                        It is going to happen any time now, because Jesus said that now - right now - there are people alive who will see it happen:

Matthew 16:28 Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom.

I think you and me can agree that Jesus was not talking to His disciples - who have all died 2000 years ago - but directly to us today!

Originally posted by Joanna Lytton-Vasey View Post
                        Hello Adam, and may I offer you the warmest of Landover welcomes! Tell us why, as a Croatian, are you so fascinated by something that happened - or (more likely) didn't happen - in Međugorje, which is in Bosnia and Herzegovina?
                        He probably dreams of another war to incorporate it to Serbia or Croatia or whatever.

Aren't Bosniaks all Muslims? I sometimes listen to their Radio Rujnica (no talk, all music) because I find fascinating the combination of Slavic and Arab elements - the language is Slavic but the music is very much Middle Eastern.
                        God created fossils to test our faith.

My favorite LBC sermons:
                        True Christians are Perfect!
                        True Christian™ Love.
                        Salvation™ made Easy!
                        You can’t be a Christian if you don’t believe the Old Testament.
                        Jesus is impolite. Deal with it.
                        Jesus is xenophobic and so should we.
                        Sanctity of Life is NOT a Biblical Concept.
                        Biblical view on modern-day slavery.
                        The Immorality of the "Universal Declaration of Human Rights."
                        Geneva Conventions vs. The Holy Bible.
                        God HATES Rational Thinking!
                        True Christian™ Man as a spitting image of God.

Comment

Originally posted by Basilissa View Post
                          Aren't Bosniaks all Muslims? I sometimes listen to their Radio Rujnica (no talk, all music) because I find fascinating the combination of Slavic and Arab elements - the language is Slavic but the music is very much Middle Eastern.
                          Sister, I think you'll find that (despite their protestations to the contrary) Croats, Serbs, and Bosniaks are completely the same thing. In fact, they're all just kinds of Turk.
                          I was sinking deep in sin far from the peaceful shore,
                          Very deeply stained within, sinking to rise no more;
                          But the Master of the Sea heard my despairing cry,
                          From the waters lifted me, now safe am I!

Comment

Adam M.

Perhaps you could work into your novel a place called Landover Baptist Church and its head Pastor named Pastor Zeke. It would be a place that saved the world from sin and from worship of fake gods. Pastor Zeke would be a heroic figure who crisscrosses the globe saving souls for Jesus.

Even though Landover Baptist is a real place as is Pastor Zeke a real person, both are so exciting they would help any novel.
                            Isaiah 24:1-3 Behold, the LORD maketh the earth empty (2)...as the taker of usury, so with the giver of usury to him. (3) The land shall be utterly emptied, and utterly spoiled: for the LORD hath spoken his word.

Comment

Originally posted by Johny Joe Hold View Post
                              Adam M.

Perhaps you could work into your novel a place called Landover Baptist Church and its head Pastor named Pastor Zeke. It would be a place that saved the world from sin and from worship of fake gods. Pastor Zeke would be a heroic figure who crisscrosses the globe saving souls for Jesus.

Even though Landover Baptist is a real place as is Pastor Zeke a real person, both are so exciting they would help any novel.
                              Excellent idea. Also for your wonderful idea I would suggest Adam "donates" 15% of the sales to the jet fund, so Zeke can do the criss crossing faster and in style.
                              58 If thou wilt not observe to do all the words of this law that are written in this book, that thou mayest fear this glorious and fearful name, THE LORD THY GOD; 59 Then the LORD will make thy plagues wonderful, and the plagues of thy seed, even great plagues, and of long continuance, and sore sicknesses, and of long continuance. 60 Moreover he will bring upon thee all the diseases of Egypt, which thou wast afraid of; and they shall cleave unto thee. 61 Also every sickness, and every plague, which is not written in the book of this law, them will the LORD bringk upon thee, until thou be destroyed.

Deuteronomy 28: 58- 61

Comment

Working...
                              X