X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Levi Jones
    Pastor of Hermeneutics and Apologetics
    Bathed in Christ's Precious Blood
    Apostle to the Cactuses, Tumbleweeds and Jackrabbits
     
    • Jul 2009
    • 13930

    #16
    Re: Things I find Offensive on this forum.

    Originally posted by frostytehsnowkow View Post
    You can't just quote one text on the bible so I read on here. I'm just trying to get my head around here, so I can become more like Jesus.

    I'm sure it says other texts to say you must love your Neighbour, But you guys are the experts i'm just asking some questions here! With questions comes great contradictions!
    Love your neighbor yes. That is from Leviticus 19. It also says to not allow your neighbor to sin.

    17Thou shalt not hate thy brother in thine heart: thou shalt in any wise rebuke thy neighbour, and not suffer sin upon him.
    18Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I am the LORD.
    Christians are superior because we possess an understanding that unbelievers lack. It is through the Power of Jesus only the converted mind is able to understand what is going on in the world; what the Communists are really up to; what Satan's intentions are. Most unbelievers do not even believe in Satan and cannot understand his tactics.

    Comment

    • Johannes Kirkeholm
      True Christian™
      True Christian™
      • Oct 2010
      • 395

      #17
      Re: Things I find Offensive on this forum.

      Originally posted by frostytehsnowkow View Post
      Then how are you suppose to save them. If you can't be near them 'scum'.
      Why do you think God created the internet?

      Colossians 1:16
      For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him
      To the atheists:

      To the false christians:

      Feel like pissing off God? Perhaps this will change your mind:

      Hosea 13:16
      Samaria shall become desolate; for she hath rebelled against her God: they shall fall by the sword: their infants shall be dashed in pieces, and their women with child shall be ripped up.

      Comment

      • Ezekiel Bathfire
        Pastor for Diversity and Tolerance
        Christ's Rottweiler
         
        • Jan 2008
        • 22932

        #18
        Re: Things I find Offensive on this forum.

        Originally posted by frostytehsnowkow View Post
        "Exodus 23:20-23
        "See, I am sending an angel before you, to guard you on the way and bring you to the place I have prepared.
        [21] Be attentive to him and heed his voice. Do not rebel against him, for he will not forgive your sin. My authority resides in him.
        [22] If you heed his voice and carry out all I tell you, I will be an enemy to your enemies and a foe to your foes.
        [23] "My angel will go before you and bring you to the Amorites, Hittites, Perizzites, Canaanites, Hivites and Jebusites; and I will wipe them out."
        If you read that rather than just cutting and pasting, you will see that the angel is merely a guide, not a protector. It is God who will smite the enemy if needs be.

        Psalm 91:11-13
        For God commands the angels to guard you in all your ways.
        [12] With their hands they shall support you, lest you strike your foot against a stone.
        [13] You shall tread upon the asp and the viper, trample the lion and the dragon
        Yes, yes, but do you not see that this was the Old Testament and before the New Covenant? Where are these Angels in the New Testament? Does Jesus not mention them? If not why not? Is not Salvation all we need? Does no one nowadays get bitten by snakes, killed by lions or dragons? Yet clearly there should have been an angel.

        Things change - get with the program!

        When you call upon Jesus for protection he sends an angel to protect you, from what I can gather.
        How do you gather that? Where does it say Jesus sends Guardian Angels?

        M't:13:37: He answered and said unto them, He that soweth the good seed is the Son of man;
        M't:13:38: The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom; but the tares are the children of the wicked one;
        M't:13:39: The enemy that sowed them is the devil; the harvest is the end of the world; and the reapers are the angels.
        M't:13:40: As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire; so shall it be in the end of this world.
        M't:13:41: The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity;
        M't:13:42: And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.
        M't:13:43: Then shall the righteous shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. Who hath ears to hear, let him hear.
        sigpic


        “We must reassert that the essence of Christianity is the love of obedience to God’s Laws and that how that complete obedience is used or implemented does not concern us.”

        Author of such illuminating essays as,
        Map of the Known World; Periodic Table of Elements; The History of Linguistics; The Errors of Wicca; Dolphins and Evolution; The History of Landover (The Apology); Landover and the Civil War; 2000 Racial Slurs.

        Comment

        • Levi Jones
          Pastor of Hermeneutics and Apologetics
          Bathed in Christ's Precious Blood
          Apostle to the Cactuses, Tumbleweeds and Jackrabbits
           
          • Jul 2009
          • 13930

          #19
          Re: Things I find Offensive on this forum.

          Originally posted by frostytehsnowkow View Post
          Then how are you suppose to save them. If you can't be near them 'scum'.
          By going and preaching to them.

          2 Timothy 4:1-2 I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;
          Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all long suffering and doctrine.

          By rebuking sinners.

          1 Timothy 5:20
          Them that sin rebuke before all, that others also may fear.
          Christians are superior because we possess an understanding that unbelievers lack. It is through the Power of Jesus only the converted mind is able to understand what is going on in the world; what the Communists are really up to; what Satan's intentions are. Most unbelievers do not even believe in Satan and cannot understand his tactics.

          Comment

          • ExGay Alex
            Helping boys become upright model citizens
            True Christian™
            • May 2008
            • 1295

            #20
            Re: Things I find Offensive on this forum.

            It hurts my feelings that you come on to our/God's forum and start of with what we say that "offends" you. We weren't even talking to you.

            Should I be offended if I walk into your bathroom unannounced while you are pleasuring yourself?

            An I am offended that you seem to take the buffet approach to the Bible, picking and choosing the parts that you like. Anyone who does this is a false Christian. You either sign onto the concept or you don't. We are Christians here; you are clearly something less.
            "Come Unto Me. Put forth thine hand now, and touch all that he hath." (Matthew 19:14, Job 1:11).

            Comment

            • Minecraft
              Forum Member
              • Nov 2010
              • 101

              #21
              Re: Things I find Offensive on this forum.

              Originally posted by Jimmy C Lombardo View Post
              I nominate you for the Biggest Dumbass of the Year Award.
              Biggest dumbass? Look at your face!

              I support this guy. This site/church is wrongfully accusing god of all of this.

              God doesn't want you to hate everyone that doesn't believe in him. He wants you to prove to them that god is real. He wants MORE followers, not less. This website is an embarrassment towards christians. I, myself, am a christian, and this is absolutely NOTHING like what my church is all about. In my church, we go around knocking on doors, handing out pamphlets letting more people know about our church and about how god saved our lives.

              Comment

              • handmaiden
                Is a good, decent True Christian™ lady
                True Christian™
                • May 2010
                • 11646

                #22
                Re: Things I find Offensive on this forum.

                Things I find offensive in your thread:

                Your lack of knowledge on the Bible on which you base your rather obvious sense of entitlement.

                I mean, guardian angels? I'm impressed at how well you type with a thumb in your mouth.

                Do consider reading the Bible, my dear. Some of it may alarm you a bit. But you can always wrap yourself up in your blankie if sucking on your thumb isn't comfort enough.


                Maturely Yours,

                Handmaiden
                His left hand should be under my head, and his right hand should embrace me.

                Guns For God and the Economy

                Comment

                • ExGay Alex
                  Helping boys become upright model citizens
                  True Christian™
                  • May 2008
                  • 1295

                  #23
                  Re: Things I find Offensive on this forum.

                  Originally posted by Minecraft View Post
                  Biggest dumbass? Look at your face!

                  I support this guy. This site/church is wrongfully accusing god of all of this.

                  God doesn't want you to hate everyone that doesn't believe in him. He wants you to prove to them that god is real. He wants MORE followers, not less. This website is an embarrassment towards christians. I, myself, am a christian, and this is absolutely NOTHING like what my church is all about. In my church, we go around knocking on doors, handing out pamphlets letting more people know about our church and about how god saved our lives.
                  What?? 2 Corinthians 6:14 commands us to stay away from people who do not believe. See also, among others, Psalm 97:10.

                  You appear to know as little about God as you do about grammar.

                  You belong to a false little baby church that filters out for you the "uncomfortable" parts of the Bible, just you your English teacher filtered out the rules of capitalization and the concept of the "count noun."

                  And where do you get off saying things such as "Dumbass? Look at your face"? That's not very nice. Did they tell you to be mean at Sunday school in your little happy fairy church? Ask your pastor to put down his guitar and read Ephesians 4:32 to you, you little snot.
                  "Come Unto Me. Put forth thine hand now, and touch all that he hath." (Matthew 19:14, Job 1:11).

                  Comment

                  • Johannes Kirkeholm
                    True Christian™
                    True Christian™
                    • Oct 2010
                    • 395

                    #24
                    Re: Things I find Offensive on this forum.

                    Originally posted by Minecraft View Post
                    Biggest dumbass? Look at your face!

                    I support this guy. This site/church is wrongfully accusing god of all of this.

                    God doesn't want you to hate everyone that doesn't believe in him. He wants you to prove to them that god is real. He wants MORE followers, not less. This website is an embarrassment towards christians. I, myself, am a christian, and this is absolutely NOTHING like what my church is all about. In my church, we go around knocking on doors, handing out pamphlets letting more people know about our church and about how god saved our lives.
                    You seem to disagree with God who clearly tells us not to be nice to unbelievers:

                    John 1:9-11
                    Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son. If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed: For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds.

                    2 Chronicles 15:13
                    That whosoever would not seek the LORD God of Israel should be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman

                    I take it that you are one of them false christians who just handpicks a few passages from the Bible that you happen to like. Guess what! God commands us to follow all of the commandments in the Bible:

                    James 2:10
                    For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all

                    Please explain this to me. How can you claim to be Christian when you don't even agree with what the Bible actually says?
                    To the atheists:

                    To the false christians:

                    Feel like pissing off God? Perhaps this will change your mind:

                    Hosea 13:16
                    Samaria shall become desolate; for she hath rebelled against her God: they shall fall by the sword: their infants shall be dashed in pieces, and their women with child shall be ripped up.

                    Comment

                    • Levi Jones
                      Pastor of Hermeneutics and Apologetics
                      Bathed in Christ's Precious Blood
                      Apostle to the Cactuses, Tumbleweeds and Jackrabbits
                       
                      • Jul 2009
                      • 13930

                      #25
                      Re: Things I find Offensive on this forum.

                      Originally posted by Minecraft View Post
                      Biggest dumbass? Look at your face!

                      I support this guy. This site/church is wrongfully accusing god of all of this.
                      What is it we are accusing God of? We merely read and follow the Word.

                      Can you show an example of where we don't follow the scriptures?
                      Christians are superior because we possess an understanding that unbelievers lack. It is through the Power of Jesus only the converted mind is able to understand what is going on in the world; what the Communists are really up to; what Satan's intentions are. Most unbelievers do not even believe in Satan and cannot understand his tactics.

                      Comment

                      • Mistress Cookie
                        Petite pearl of Baptist womanhood
                        True Christian™
                        • Jul 2008
                        • 6790

                        #26
                        Re: Things I find Offensive on this forum.

                        Originally posted by frostytehsnowkow View Post
                        You can't just quote one text on the bible so I read on here. I'm just trying to get my head around here, so I can become more like Jesus.
                        I appreciate that you are asking questions and trying to draw closer to The Lord™, Frosty. Some are reborn in the Blood of the Lamb in a twinkling, while for others it's a life-long struggle they will never emerge from.

                        I pray for the Salvation™ of your soul, and I am glad you have found us, so you have a chance.

                        Originally posted by frostytehsnowkow View Post
                        I'm sure it says other texts to say you must love your Neighbour,
                        Keep in mind that we are also commanded to "Live Isolated" (meaning we are to avoid the unclean, the unworthy and the unenlightened.) So who we choose as neighbors is of course an important consideration.

                        It's no trial to love your neighbors, as long as they are the right neighbors.

                        -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                        1st Corinthians 5:11 But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat.

                        Ephesians 5:11And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.

                        2nd Thessalonians 3:6 Now we command you, brethren, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye withdraw yourselves from every brother that walketh disorderly, and not after the tradition which he received of us.

                        Comment

                        • Minecraft
                          Forum Member
                          • Nov 2010
                          • 101

                          #27
                          Re: Things I find Offensive on this forum.

                          Originally posted by ExGay Alex View Post
                          What?? 2 Corinthians 6:14 commands us to stay away from people who do not believe. See also, among others, Psalm 97:10.

                          You appear to know as little about God as you do about grammar.

                          You belong to a false little baby church that filters out for you the "uncomfortable" parts of the Bible, just you your English teacher filtered out the rules of capitalization and the concept of the "count noun."

                          And where do you get off saying things such as "Dumbass? Look at your face." That's not very nice. Did they tell you to be mean at Sunday school in your little happy fairy church? Ask your pastor to put down his guitar and read Ephesians 4:32 to you, you little snot.

                          I'm sorry about calling him a dumbass, I'm just getting VERY angry at this ignorant forum.

                          I don't have quotes from the bible, I haven't memorized a thing. I'm 16 years old, trying to live life as a teenager, yet still have god in my life.

                          I don't know much about grammar? Give me a break.

                          And no, just because I'm a teenager, I don't go to sunday school. I'm part of a small community church, that doesn't have a website or sunday school. We simply have our Wednesday night bible study, and Sunday meeting.

                          I don't try to be mean, I'm just trying to show that god isn't as harmful as you guys are showing him to be!

                          I understand that we need to stay away from non-believers, but be real, are you actually going to move your family to another neighborhood just because there's an atheist family near you? No. And how are you going to find that they're atheist anyhow? You spread the word of god! That's such a big thing here at my church. Spread the word, make sure everyone knows about him and our small-community church. Of course, it all matters about where you live in america. For me, I live in a semi-small town in northern michigan. Almost everyone here is fine with their religious views, so there's no harm in walking around and advertising the word of god.

                          Comment

                          • ExGay Alex
                            Helping boys become upright model citizens
                            True Christian™
                            • May 2008
                            • 1295

                            #28
                            Re: Things I find Offensive on this forum.

                            Originally posted by Minecraft View Post
                            I'm sorry about calling him a dumbass, I'm just getting VERY angry at this ignorant forum.

                            I don't have quotes from the bible, I haven't memorized a thing. I'm 16 years old, trying to live life as a teenager, yet still have god in my life.

                            I don't know much about grammar? Give me a break.

                            And no, just because I'm a teenager, I don't go to sunday school. I'm part of a small community church, that doesn't have a website or sunday school. We simply have our Wednesday night bible study, and Sunday meeting.

                            I don't try to be mean, I'm just trying to show that god isn't as harmful as you guys are showing him to be!

                            I understand that we need to stay away from non-believers, but be real, are you actually going to move your family to another neighborhood just because there's an atheist family near you? No. And how are you going to find that they're atheist anyhow? You spread the word of god! That's such a big thing here at my church. Spread the word, make sure everyone knows about him and our small-community church. Of course, it all matters about where you live in america. For me, I live in a semi-small town in northern michigan. Almost everyone here is fine with their religious views, so there's no harm in walking around and advertising the word of god.
                            Sadly, it's not as easy as easy as "peace and love" and kumbaya. If you want to be a Christian, you need to stop "loving your neighbor" and start paying very close attention to your neighbor. Is he sinning? Is he a homosexual? Is he living in sin? Is he having sex before marriage? Is he playing video games? And then you need to stop him any way you can, through lawmaking, public rebuking, whatever it takes. James 5:20.
                            "Come Unto Me. Put forth thine hand now, and touch all that he hath." (Matthew 19:14, Job 1:11).

                            Comment

                            • Levi Jones
                              Pastor of Hermeneutics and Apologetics
                              Bathed in Christ's Precious Blood
                              Apostle to the Cactuses, Tumbleweeds and Jackrabbits
                               
                              • Jul 2009
                              • 13930

                              #29
                              Re: Things I find Offensive on this forum.

                              Originally posted by Minecraft View Post

                              I don't try to be mean, I'm just trying to show that god isn't as harmful as you guys are showing him to be!
                              God seriously messes people for not following His Word. You need to spend some more time with your Bible instead of your Minecraft, friend.

                              Originally posted by Deuteronomy 28
                              15But it shall come to pass, if thou wilt not hearken unto the voice of the LORD thy God, to observe to do all his commandments and his statutes which I command thee this day; that all these curses shall come upon thee, and overtake thee:
                              16Cursed shalt thou be in the city, and cursed shalt thou be in the field.
                              17Cursed shall be thy basket and thy store.
                              18Cursed shall be the fruit of thy body, and the fruit of thy land, the increase of thy kine, and the flocks of thy sheep.
                              19Cursed shalt thou be when thou comest in, and cursed shalt thou be when thou goest out.
                              20The LORD shall send upon thee cursing, vexation, and rebuke, in all that thou settest thine hand unto for to do, until thou be destroyed, and until thou perish quickly; because of the wickedness of thy doings, whereby thou hast forsaken me.
                              21The LORD shall make the pestilence cleave unto thee, until he have consumed thee from off the land, whither thou goest to possess it.
                              22The LORD shall smite thee with a consumption, and with a fever, and with an inflammation, and with an extreme burning, and with the sword, and with blasting, and with mildew; and they shall pursue thee until thou perish.
                              23And thy heaven that is over thy head shall be brass, and the earth that is under thee shall be iron.
                              24The LORD shall make the rain of thy land powder and dust: from heaven shall it come down upon thee, until thou be destroyed.
                              25The LORD shall cause thee to be smitten before thine enemies: thou shalt go out one way against them, and flee seven ways before them: and shalt be removed into all the kingdoms of the earth.
                              26And thy carcase shall be meat unto all fowls of the air, and unto the beasts of the earth, and no man shall fray them away.
                              27The LORD will smite thee with the botch of Egypt, and with the emerods, and with the scab, and with the itch, whereof thou canst not be healed.
                              28The LORD shall smite thee with madness, and blindness, and astonishment of heart:
                              29And thou shalt grope at noonday, as the blind gropeth in darkness, and thou shalt not prosper in thy ways: and thou shalt be only oppressed and spoiled evermore, and no man shall save thee.
                              30Thou shalt betroth a wife, and another man shall lie with her: thou shalt build an house, and thou shalt not dwell therein: thou shalt plant a vineyard, and shalt not gather the grapes thereof.
                              31Thine ox shall be slain before thine eyes, and thou shalt not eat thereof: thine ass shall be violently taken away from before thy face, and shall not be restored to thee: thy sheep shall be given unto thine enemies, and thou shalt have none to rescue them.
                              32Thy sons and thy daughters shall be given unto another people, and thine eyes shall look, and fail with longing for them all the day long; and there shall be no might in thine hand.
                              33The fruit of thy land, and all thy labours, shall a nation which thou knowest not eat up; and thou shalt be only oppressed and crushed alway:
                              34So that thou shalt be mad for the sight of thine eyes which thou shalt see.
                              35The LORD shall smite thee in the knees, and in the legs, with a sore botch that cannot be healed, from the sole of thy foot unto the top of thy head.
                              36The LORD shall bring thee, and thy king which thou shalt set over thee, unto a nation which neither thou nor thy fathers have known; and there shalt thou serve other gods, wood and stone.
                              God says He will make people eat the flesh of their own children for not following Him.

                              Originally posted by Leviticus 26
                              27And if ye will not for all this hearken unto me, but walk contrary unto me;
                              28Then I will walk contrary unto you also in fury; and I, even I, will chastise you seven times for your sins.
                              29And ye shall eat the flesh of your sons, and the flesh of your daughters shall ye eat.
                              30And I will destroy your high places, and cut down your images, and cast your carcases upon the carcases of your idols, and my soul shall abhor you.
                              31And I will make your cities waste, and bring your sanctuaries unto desolation, and I will not smell the savour of your sweet odours.
                              Christians are superior because we possess an understanding that unbelievers lack. It is through the Power of Jesus only the converted mind is able to understand what is going on in the world; what the Communists are really up to; what Satan's intentions are. Most unbelievers do not even believe in Satan and cannot understand his tactics.

                              Comment

                              • handmaiden
                                Is a good, decent True Christian™ lady
                                True Christian™
                                • May 2010
                                • 11646

                                #30
                                Re: Things I find Offensive on this forum.

                                Originally posted by Minecraft View Post
                                Biggest dumbass? Look at your face!

                                I support this guy. This site/church is wrongfully accusing god of all of this.

                                God doesn't want you to hate everyone that doesn't believe in him. He wants you to prove to them that god is real. He wants MORE followers, not less. This website is an embarrassment towards christians. I, myself, am a christian, and this is absolutely NOTHING like what my church is all about. In my church, we go around knocking on doors, handing out pamphlets letting more people know about our church and about how god saved our lives.

                                God doesn't need to impress anyone with a numbers count of His followers. He does want His followers to obey Him completely.

                                Knocking on doors, handing out pamphlets and sharing about how Jesus saves is all very well. It doesn't take as much courage as does standing up against popularist ideas about what is right or wrong.

                                We here at LBC proclaim what is right or wrong in God's Eyes. If the Bible says that homesexuality is an abomination, then we treat it like an abomination, not like a minor habit that God is willing to overlook just to increase His number count.

                                If the Bible say it is right to kill someone who practices witchcraft or worships false gods, we go along with that, too.

                                We don't question God. We don't neuter Him or His Word. We don't give Him a make-over to suit every style change that sweeps the many false churches out there.

                                Ninety years ago when women's sufferage was the "in thing" we held strong against it. God said a man and his wife are one flesh and one flesh means one vote. Unfortunately, Satan and his minions won that day and women have been voting ever since. Has our country become a better place? Are Christian values more strongly upheld throughout the land?

                                Back in the 1960's women started running around in short skirts and stopped covering their heads in church. Paul wrote clearly in the Bible that women were supposed to cover their heads. In fact, considering Paul's writing style, it was one of the clearest instructions that he penned.

                                Churches like yours, however, tossed such sacred writings aside. Jesus got a makeover and became a"feminist". Jesus became whatever anyone with a weak will and half-donkeyed knowledge of the Bible wanted Him to be.

                                As someone who has read the Bible closely and struggled to obey its words-- struggled to the point of personal crisis--THAT is what I find offensive.

                                Seriously Yours,

                                Handmaiden
                                His left hand should be under my head, and his right hand should embrace me.

                                Guns For God and the Economy

                                Comment

                                Working...