X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 3 Experiments You Can Do At Home that PROVE THE EARTH IS FLAT!

Hello,
    as this is my first post, i think i should mention, that soon i will be a teacher for physics, so all the common theories are known to me. Furthermore I do not want to insult anybody who has another point of view, I just want to add my opinion to this conversation.

Experiment 1.
    If you were standing on top of a fast driving truck, and you jumped, you would sure fall off. This is caused by the wind, if you repeat this this inside the truck, with the wind beeing eliminated, you would just land where you started. As long as the air around you does not move relative to your body, you will land where jumped (we are talking about a vertical jump).
    Therefor I think Experiment 1 does not prove a flat earth.

Experiment 2.
    People who believe in gravity calculate it using a formula.
    Force= G * m1 * m2 /r²
    G is a very small constant, 0,000000000067
    m1 and m2 are the masses of the 2 bodies, in our case, m1 is the earth, m2 is a person. Or, it is the ballon and the piece of paper.
    r is the distance between the bodies, center to center.

If you use this formula, the pulling force of earth is far higher then the force of the ballon, meaning even if the ballon attracts the paper, the earth attracts it MORE, and the paper falls.

It is like saying a child cannot lift a button, and if it tries to lift it, i just hold it down with my thumb, the child can apply a lifting-force, but not a force stronger then mine, holding it down.

If you want to see that ballon attracting the paper, just try it in space, you will never be in space, neither will I, so we cant try it.

Experiment 3.
    How far can you see, let´s say it is a sunny day, clear sky, clean air. Can you see any further then 20 miles? 20 miles on the surface of a globe with a circumference of 25000 miles, that is just too small a fracture to notice.

Concluding I dont want to say earth is round or flat, but the mentioned experiments are not sufficient to prove the flat earth, or to disprove a globe.

Please excuse my poor language skills, I am German, I hope you can understand what I am trying to say.

God with you, Claus.

Comment

Originally posted by Clause View Post
      Hello,
      as this is my first post, i think i should mention, that soon i will be a teacher for physics, so all the common theories are known to me. Furthermore I do not want to insult anybody who has another point of view, I just want to add my opinion to this conversation.

Experiment 1.
      If you were standing on top of a fast driving truck, and you jumped, you would sure fall off. This is caused by the wind, if you repeat this this inside the truck, with the wind beeing eliminated, you would just land where you started. As long as the air around you does not move relative to your body, you will land where jumped (we are talking about a vertical jump).

Experiment 2.
      Force= G * m1 * m2 /r²
      m1 and m2 are the masses of the 2 bodies, in our case, m1 is the earth, m2 is a person. Or, it is the ballon and the piece of paper.

If you use this formula, the pulling force of earth is far higher then the force of the ballon, meaning even if the ballon attracts the paper, the earth attracts it MORE, and the paper falls.

It is like saying a child cannot lift a button, and if it tries to lift it, i just hold it down with my thumb, the child can apply a lifting-force, but not a force stronger then mine, holding it down.

If you want to see that ballon attracting the paper, just try it in space, you will never be in space, neither will I, so we cant try it.

Experiment 3.
      How far can you see, let´s say it is a sunny day, clear sky, clean air. Can you see any further then 20 miles? 20 miles on the surface of a globe with a circumference of 25000 miles, that is just too small a fracture to notice.

Concluding I dont want to say earth is round or flat, but the mentioned experiments are not sufficient to prove the flat earth, or to disprove a globe.

Please excuse my poor language skills, I am German, I hope you can understand what I am trying to say.

God with you, Claus.
      We are used to people who are foreign being retarded at speaking God's true language.

We are also used to seeing people who are in love with their own learning full of opinions that contradict God's word. This is simply rude to God. Shame on you!
      Proverbs 3:5 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
      sigpic
      Isaiah 34:6 The sword of the LORD is filled with blood, it is made fat with fatness, and with the blood of lambs and goats, with the fat of the kidneys of rams: for the LORD hath a sacrifice in Bozrah, and a great slaughter in the land of Idumea.

John 5:46,47 For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me: for he wrote of me. But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words?

Join me in scoffing at backwards Muslims clinging to their beliefs in the face of the evidence!
      The truth about volcanos
      Sex and debauchery in public schools
      Faith wins over science (explained for even the very stupid)
      God Cures AIDS - GLORY!
      Desert whale bones prove Great Flood once and for all.

Comment

If I am wrong, please prove me wrong.
        Are you really saying all Germans a retarded?
        Hello, does anyone read this and has German ancestors? I would like to have an opinion on this.

Comment

If I am wrong, please prove me wrong.
          Are you really saying all Germans a retarded?
          Hello, does anyone read this and has German ancestors? I would like to have an opinion on this.
          Why are you being rude to God? Nobody asked you here. You are unsaved and unwelcome yet you are here telling us how you are right and God is wrong.

We have some ex-German people in our community who have lived in Germany their whole life and they can make the effort to believe in Jesus who temporarily died to get your attention and show you the way to be washed clean of sin and be saved. And you throw this back in His shining, loving face despite His suffering.
          sigpic
          Isaiah 34:6 The sword of the LORD is filled with blood, it is made fat with fatness, and with the blood of lambs and goats, with the fat of the kidneys of rams: for the LORD hath a sacrifice in Bozrah, and a great slaughter in the land of Idumea.

John 5:46,47 For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me: for he wrote of me. But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words?

Join me in scoffing at backwards Muslims clinging to their beliefs in the face of the evidence!
          The truth about volcanos
          God Cures AIDS - GLORY!

Comment

Welcome friend! Why don't you make an introduction thread so we can properly greet you?
            Please include how you came to find Jesus, your favorite Bible verse, and favorite hunting rifle. You're German, so you should know how to shoot a gun, am I right .

Well, except that you lost the war, so maybe your shooting skills aren't that great... Whatever, I try not to judge people on first sight.

YiC

Thomas
            John 20:27: Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing.

Comment

Hello,

Experiment 1.
              So a truck traveling 120 km makes wind? How about the claims the Earth is spinning at 1669.8 km, shouldn't we all be blown off our feet as soon as we step outside?

Experiment 2.
              Force= G * m1 * m2 /r²

How does all that secular gobbledygook explain intelligent pulling?

Experiment 3.
              The Earth is flat, simple to prove. Look at a bird, in the sky 100km away. You cannot see it. Just like your vision fails looking acroos the flat planet.

God with you, Claus.
              So you can prove or disprove nothing. What you basically said was nothing. Why would you do that to us? Is it a german thing?
              Last edited by James Hutchins; 01-10-2012, 09:02 PM.
              Isaiah 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.
              Amos 3:6 Shall a trumpet be blown in the city, and the people not be afraid? shall there be evil in a city, and the LORD hath not done it?
              Numbers 21:6 And the LORD sent fiery serpents among the people, and they bit the people; and much people of Israel died.
              Matthew 10:34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.
              Matthew 10:35 For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.
              Matthew 10:36 And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.

Comment

Originally posted by Redeemed Papist View Post
                Why are you being rude to God? Nobody asked you here. You are unsaved and unwelcome yet you are here telling us how you are right and God is wrong.
                I did not in any way claim that God is wrong, either have I expressed myself in a wrong way, which i still cannot see, or you have misunderstood me.

I did say, that the mentioned three experiments are not able to prove a flat earth.

Thomas Dalton, you are right, i should have said in a proper way first, i will have a closer look at the forum now and do it.

The reason I came to this site and stated my opinion to people who didn not invite me to do so, is a friend´s mail which included a link to this very discussion.

James Hutchins, in case the earth is spinning, the air would revolve at the surface at the same speed. And the people who live on it, too. When a person jumps, there is said to be only one force applied, the force gravitation pulling it down, directly towards the earth´s core. No horizontal force is applied and the person falls straight down, straight meaning relative to the earth.

You said i did not prove or disprove anything, I did not prove a flat or round earth, I only wanted to prove, that the mentioned experiments are not sufficent to prove a flat earth, other experiments are able to do so and I will write them down in this forum soon if I am welcome to do so.

But first of all I will write my introduction (although it does not include any rifles).

Comment

I did not in any way claim that God is wrong, either have I expressed myself in a wrong way, which i still cannot see, or you have misunderstood me.

I did say, that the mentioned three experiments are not able to prove a flat earth.

Thomas Dalton, you are right, i should have said in a proper way first, i will have a closer look at the forum now and do it.

The reason I came to this site and stated my opinion to people who didn not invite me to do so, is a friend´s mail which included a link to this very discussion.

James Hutchins, in case the earth is spinning, the air would revolve at the surface at the same speed. And the people who live on it, too. When a person jumps, there is said to be only one force applied, the force gravitation pulling it down, directly towards the earth´s core. No horizontal force is applied and the person falls straight down, straight meaning relative to the earth.

You said i did not prove or disprove anything, I did not prove a flat or round earth, I only wanted to prove, that the mentioned experiments are not sufficent to prove a flat earth, other experiments are able to do so and I will write them down in this forum soon if I am welcome to do so.

But first of all I will write my introduction (although it does not include any rifles).
                  And if you'd read the thread you'd know everything you've said has been dealt with.

If you'd had a look round before you'd posted you'd realise we're all about praising God for telling us the Bible is perfect and unchallengeable and the inerrant word of God, however much clever clogs scientists keep telling us it is wrong.

You'd not have upset good God-fearing folk with your blaring blasphemies.

But you didn't. Would you run into a church discussion about how wonderful God's Creation is and start mouthing off about how they're all wrong?

This thread started as a simple discussion about how great it is that an enquiring mind can go about proving that God was right for once and it's so long because rude unbelievers like yourself keep barging in here telling us God is an ignoramus and then we have to rebuke them.

So would you do that if we weren't on the internet? No!
                  sigpic

The truth about volcanos
                  God Cures AIDS - GLORY!

Comment

...James Hutchins, in case the earth is spinning, the air would revolve at the surface at the same speed. And the people who live on it, too. When a person jumps, there is said to be only one force applied, the force gravitation pulling it down, directly towards the earth´s core. No horizontal force is applied and the person falls straight down, straight meaning relative to the earth.

Friend, you said a truck at 120 makes wind, yet a planet moving at a faster rate does not. A child passing on a bike makes wind, a hurricane does too. Are you trying to tell me the faster a person goes, the less wind they make? At what speed to they stop making wind?

Well Clause, there are many ways to prove the Earth is indeed flatt. Is it down hill to italy for you? Uphill to belgistain? Of course not. It is more or less flat everywhere you go. Do your balls roll to the sides of the room? Do your glasses slide off the table? Of course not. Does the ocean all run down and cover South Africa? Is holland in the desert? Nope! All because the world is indeed, perfectly flat, like a apple pie.

Clause, you need to comup with actual proof of a ball shaped Earth. No one has ever done so. For good reason to.
                    Isaiah 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.
                    Amos 3:6 Shall a trumpet be blown in the city, and the people not be afraid? shall there be evil in a city, and the LORD hath not done it?
                    Numbers 21:6 And the LORD sent fiery serpents among the people, and they bit the people; and much people of Israel died.
                    Matthew 10:34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.
                    Matthew 10:35 For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.

Comment

In the concept the globe believers are using, thr air is moving in vacuum and just has an airbubble around it. (It is not really a bubble, it is air held by gravity)

Erm, well, I save my and your time, as you do not want to see my point, and I just dont want to read through the whole forum, memorize it and then start again, i will just stop, and leave this site.

I do not feel wrong or outsmarted, i just think you do not want to have a discussion with people who already hate me.

You said i would not talk to you if i met you on the strett, i just have the courage because this is the internet. Just in case i were in you city, and i came along with a pie and some beer, would you have the talk with me again?
                      I would, I was raised to like all people, and start to dislike them only if they gave me a reason. If you ever came to Germany, you would be welcome to my house (in reasonable numbers).

goodbye

Comment

In the concept the globe believers are using, thr air is moving in vacuum and just has an airbubble around it. (It is not really a bubble, it is air held by gravity)

Erm, well, I save my and your time, as you do not want to see my point, and I just dont want to read through the whole forum, memorize it and then start again, i will just stop, and leave this site.

I do not feel wrong or outsmarted, i just think you do not want to have a discussion with people who already hate me.

You said i would not talk to you if i met you on the strett, i just have the courage because this is the internet. Just in case i were in you city, and i came along with a pie and some beer, would you have the talk with me again?
                        I would, I was raised to like all people, and start to dislike them only if they gave me a reason. If you ever came to Germany, you would be welcome to my house (in reasonable numbers).

goodbye
                        Dear Santa;

Please make a thread of your own in the "Introductions" section of the forum, so that we can properly greet you. Tell us about yourself, your church, and how you came to find Jesus.

And if you're here to flame us, better take a look at THIS before making an even bigger ass out of yourself.

YIC,

-Pastor Ezekiel
                        Who Will Jesus Damn?

Here is a partial list from just a few scripture verses:

Hypocrites (Matthew 24:51), The Unforgiving (Mark 11:26), Homosexuals (Romans 1:26, 27), Fornicators (Romans 1:29), The Wicked (Romans 1:29), The Covetous (Romans 1:29), The Malicious (Romans 1:29), The Envious (Romans 1:29), Murderers (Romans 1:29), The Deceitful (Romans 1:29), Backbiters (Romans 1:30), Haters of God (Romans 1:30), The Despiteful (Romans 1:30), The Proud (Romans 1:30), Boasters (Romans 1:30), Inventors of evil (Romans 1:30), Disobedient to parents (Romans 1:30), Covenant breakers (Romans 1:31), The Unmerciful (Romans 1:31), The Implacable (Romans 1:31), The Unrighteous (1Corinthians 6:9), Idolaters (1Corinthians 6:9), Adulterers (1Corinthians 6:9), The Effeminate (1Corinthians 6:9), Thieves (1Corinthians 6:10), Drunkards (1Corinthians 6:10), Reviler (1Corinthians 6:10), Extortioners (1Corinthians 6:10), The Fearful (Revelation 21:8), The Unbelieving (Revelation 21:8), The Abominable (Revelation 21:8), Whoremongers (Revelation 21:8), Sorcerers (Revelation 21:8), All Liars (Revelation 21:8)

Need Pastoral Advice? Contact me privately at PastorEzekiel@landoverbaptist.net TODAY!!

Comment

goodbye
                          What an odd person.

Maybe it's just a language barrier thing but is he trying to seduce me, alone, round to his house for anal sex (reading between the lines)? What is it about these people that they think the whole internet is a gay pick up joint?
                          sigpic

The truth about volcanos
                          God Cures AIDS - GLORY!

Comment

Friend, if there was a vacuum, all the air would be sucked out of the Earth and we'd die.

I am intrigued by what you say. You should read more, it is fundamental. God does not like quitters. Imagine if Jesus simply gave up while on the cross, Moses got tired parting the seas, Noah decided to build a smaller ark.

Friend, I do not hate you. No one does, in fact, I feel a special affinity to you, in a completely heterosexual way of course.

goodbye
                            Well, that is mighty kind of you. Give me your address and I'll swing by. I'll need a king sized bed and 9 full sized bath towels as well as several rolls of extra strength toilet paper. I assume you have Neutrogena soap.

Comment

here's an idea. Take a balloon, blow it up. put the balloon as close as you can to your eyes while still seeing over it. How much of the surface can you see? Now lower the balloon to your mouth, how much of the surface of the balloon can you see now? Can you see of the edge and beyond? Amazing what a little height does!

I dare you to travel due east and just keep going. Is there a monster that eats me on the end of the earth? Where is the end of the earth? I bet you end up in the same spot.

Comment

Originally posted by batsh*tcrazy View Post
                                here's an idea. Take a balloon, blow it up. put the balloon as close as you can to your eyes while still seeing over it. How much of the surface can you see? Now lower the balloon to your mouth, how much of the surface of the balloon can you see now? Can you see of the edge and beyond? Amazing what a little height does!

I dare you to travel due east and just keep going. Is there a monster that eats me on the end of the earth? Where is the end of the earth? I bet you end up in the same spot.
                                Prove it, show us the chapter and verse of the Bible in question.

Anyway, a balloon isn't the Earth, have you been to a public school? That would explain this nonsense and trickery.

The Earth is flat, why would God lie?

Comment

Working...
                                X