X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Should we allow divorce in the church? NO! Jesus hates divorce.

Dear Friend,

Originally posted by FreeFromBrains View Post
    Just because your 'authority' figures say something is true does not mean it is.
    So you accept nothing on the basis of the authority or reports of others? You live in a world without a Higgs-Boson, where the written history of millennia is worthless, and the Associated Press and the National Enquirer have equal credibility -- none -- because it is only true if you personally saw it or thought of it?

How sad for you. I will pray for you.

Yours in Him,
    bab

Comment

Originally posted by melogibbo View Post
      Hmmm maybe you're right, I shall talk to him and find out if his faith is wavering, I hope I can sway him to the right path.
      You don't know the right path yourself. Where exactly do you think you would sway him?
      Hello, my name is Mary. I hope to fellowship with you! That is, unless you don't listen to church authority (Deuteronomy 17:12); are a witch (Exodus 22:17); are a homosexual (Leviticus 20:13; Romans 1:24-32); or fortuneteller (Leviticus 20:27) or a snotty kid who hits their dad (Exodus 21:15); or curses their parents (Proverbs 20:20; Leviticus 20:9); an adulterer (Leviticus 20:10); a non-Christian (Exodus 22:19; Deuteronomy 13:7-12; Deuteronomy 17:2-5;Romans 1:24-32); an atheist (2 Chronicles 15:12-13); or false prophet (Zechariah 13:3); from the town of one who worships another, false god (Deuteronomy 13:13-19); were a non-virgin bride (Deuteronomy 22:20-21); or blasphemer (Leviticus 24:10-16), as God calls for your execution and will no doubt send you to Hell, and I have no interest developing a friendship with the Spiritually Walking Dead.

Comment

Originally posted by melogibbo View Post
        I didn't see anyone else offering condolences to the lady with cancer so not sure how I could be accused of being insensitive, you think Pastor Ezekiel's comment is sensitive to her feelings?

No I cannot back up my statement with scripture so I am wondering what to do? My neighbor is thinking of divorcing his wife as she cannot have kids, how do you think I should advise him?

He wants to bring up a christian family but it's a big dilemma for him.
        I bet the thought of praying the demons out of her womb never even occurred to you people.
        sigpic
        Isaiah 34:6 The sword of the LORD is filled with blood, it is made fat with fatness, and with the blood of lambs and goats, with the fat of the kidneys of rams: for the LORD hath a sacrifice in Bozrah, and a great slaughter in the land of Idumea.

John 5:46,47 For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me: for he wrote of me. But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words?

Join me in scoffing at backwards Muslims clinging to their beliefs in the face of the evidence!
        The truth about volcanos
        Sex and debauchery in public schools
        Faith wins over science (explained for even the very stupid)
        God Cures AIDS - GLORY!
        Desert whale bones prove Great Flood once and for all.

Comment

Re: Christian and divorced? More like hellbound scum.

Praise God. This evangelist makes the case that Jesus is reaffirming only heterosexual marriage by quoting Matthew 19.

She is right of course, but she conveniently leaves out Jesus commandment against divorce.

I wrote this as a comment on her speech.

As long as you accept everything in Genesis as fact and you oppose allowing divorcees in the church, I can't see a single thing wrong with what she said.
          As she pointed out, Jesus is quoting Genesis 2 right after God finished making woman from a rib. Let us not forget man was created first and God offered all the animals to him. Sadly, Adam didn't find any of them suitable to be a helpmeet to him, so God created woman from Adam's rib. You have to believe all of that, since Christ thought enough of the story to quote it about marriage and divorce.

Genesis 2:22-24
          22 And the rib that the Lord God had taken from the man he made into a woman and brought her to the man. 23 Then the man said,

“This at last is bone of my bones
          and flesh of my flesh;
          she shall be called Woman,
          because she was taken out of Man.”

24 Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and they shall become one flesh.

Next, we have to take what Jesus is saying into context. You know how big we Christians are about context. In Matthew 19 Jesus is speaking about divorce. Many false Christians forget that when they quote this verse against the homos. They often times are sitting right next to people who are divorced and remarried. Heck, 40% of so called Christians are divorced.

Matthew 19:6b-9
          ‘Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh’? 6 So they are no longer two but one flesh. What therefore God has joined together, let not man separate.” 7 They said to him, “Why then did Moses command one to give a certificate of divorce and to send her away?” 8 He said to them, “Because of your hardness of heart Moses allowed you to divorce your wives, but from the beginning it was not so. 9 And I say to you: whoever divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, and marries another, commits adultery.”

To conclude, if this woman believes she is made from a man's rib, after he turned down every other animal to be his servant, and as long as her church does not accept divorcees, she is 100% right.
          Christians are superior because we possess an understanding that unbelievers lack. It is through the Power of Jesus only the converted mind is able to understand what is going on in the world; what the Communists are really up to; what Satan's intentions are. Most unbelievers do not even believe in Satan and cannot understand his tactics.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Levi Jones View Post
            All over the world so called Christians are getting divorced, remarrying and then they have the temerity to take Holy Communion?
            A woman in my church pursued an unbiblical divorce from her husband, who immediately initiated the process set out in Matthew 18.

15 Moreover if thy brother shall trespass against thee, go and tell him his fault between thee and him alone: if he shall hear thee, thou hast gained thy brother.
            16 But if he will not hear thee, then take with thee one or two more, that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established.
            17 And if he shall neglect to hear them, tell it unto the church: but if he neglect to hear the church, let him be unto thee as an heathen man and a publican.
            18 Verily I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever ye shall loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

She wouldn't listen to him (v15), so he told the church elders, who tried to dissuade her (16). Sadly, she would not repent. So the pastor announced to the congregation that she had been placed under church discipline in accordance with 1 Tim 5:20 and outlined the nature of her sin.

Them that sin rebuke before all, that others also may fear.

Of course, she was immediately suspended from the Lord's Table so that she wouldn't get sick and die in the meantime.

1 Cor 11:28-30
            28 But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup.
            29 For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body.
            30 For this cause many are weak and sickly among you, and many sleep.

But she thought she go to another church and take communion there. After a few months of this behavior she was diagnosed with cancer. The church elders made a last-ditch effort to get her to repent, telling her that she'd become sick because of her sin, but to no avail. She was excommunicated, and three months later she died.

Mat 18:17b-18 Tell it unto the church: but if he neglect to hear the church, let him be unto thee as an heathen man and a publican. Verily I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever ye shall loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

True story. So much for the liberals who think people can't die of communion nowadays. How anyone can have the temerity to get divorced and then partake the Lord's Supper in an unworthy manner, I don't know.
            sigpicMt 21:42, 44 Jesus saith unto them, Did ye never read in the scriptures, The stone which the builders rejected, the same is become the head of the corner: this is the Lord's doing, and it is marvellous in our eyes . . . ? And whosoever shall fall on this stone shall be broken: but on whomsoever it shall fall, it will grind him to powder.

Find out what the Bible says about: Fortnite: Battle Royale, asexuality, shaving, psychiatry, chronic fatigue syndrome, babies

Comment

God never said being homosexual was a sin. He said using the act of homosexual sex for power was a sin (yes, I know a bunch of people will quote a phrase or two from the Old Testament and say "see, he said..." But you're only allowed to do that with any authority if you read Hebrew, so stop and think before you do). He also never said divorce was a sin. Sometimes people turn out to be hideous, horrible people. There's no reason (especially outlined in the Bible) to suggest you MUST be unhappy and live an agonized life.

Besides, how do you know God exists anyway? Beyond that, even if he does, consider existence, power and the question of evil (Theodicy). Chances are your only clue is a desire, which you've developed into 'belief' which somewhere along the way you decided to claim as "Faith."

Reconsider.
              He that trusteth in his own heart is a fool: but whoso walketh wisely, he shall be delivered.
              Proverbs 28:26

Comment

Originally posted by Intelligencia View Post
                God never said being homosexual was a sin. He said using the act of homosexual sex for power was a sin (yes, I know a bunch of people will quote a phrase or two from the Old Testament and say "see, he said..." But you're only allowed to do that with any authority if you read Hebrew, so stop and think before you do). He also never said divorce was a sin. Sometimes people turn out to be hideous, horrible people. There's no reason (especially outlined in the Bible) to suggest you MUST be unhappy and live an agonized life.

Besides, how do you know God exists anyway? Beyond that, even if he does, consider existence, power and the question of evil (Theodicy). Chances are your only clue is a desire, which you've developed into 'belief' which somewhere along the way you decided to claim as "Faith."

Reconsider.
                Wait, you're saying the Law only counts if you can read in Hebrew?

Hello, my name is Mary. I hope to fellowship with you! That is, unless you don't listen to church authority (Deuteronomy 17:12); are a witch (Exodus 22:17); are a homosexual (Leviticus 20:13; Romans 1:24-32); or fortuneteller (Leviticus 20:27) or a snotty kid who hits their dad (Exodus 21:15); or curses their parents (Proverbs 20:20; Leviticus 20:9); an adulterer (Leviticus 20:10); a non-Christian (Exodus 22:19; Deuteronomy 13:7-12; Deuteronomy 17:2-5;Romans 1:24-32); an atheist (2 Chronicles 15:12-13); or false prophet (Zechariah 13:3); from the town of one who worships another, false god (Deuteronomy 13:13-19); were a non-virgin bride (Deuteronomy 22:20-21); or blasphemer (Leviticus 24:10-16), as God calls for your execution and will no doubt send you to Hell, and I have no interest developing a friendship with the Spiritually Walking Dead.

Comment

Can you provide a Bible quote to support any of your claims?

Hint: it does not have to be in Hebrew , Aramaic, or Greek. The good old KJV will be fine.
                  God created fossils to test our faith.

My favorite LBC sermons:
                  True Christians are Perfect!
                  True Christian™ Love.
                  Salvation™ made Easy!
                  You can’t be a Christian if you don’t believe the Old Testament.
                  Jesus is impolite. Deal with it.
                  Jesus is xenophobic and so should we.
                  Sanctity of Life is NOT a Biblical Concept.
                  Biblical view on modern-day slavery.
                  The Immorality of the "Universal Declaration of Human Rights."
                  Geneva Conventions vs. The Holy Bible.
                  God HATES Rational Thinking!
                  True Christian™ Man as a spitting image of God.

Comment

God never said being homosexual was a sin. He said using the act of homosexual sex for power was a sin (yes, I know a bunch of people will quote a phrase or two from the Old Testament and say "see, he said..." But you're only allowed to do that with any authority if you read Hebrew.
                    How about some New Testament? Do you have to be fluent in Koine Greek to quote it?

6:9 ἢ οὐκ οἴδατε ὅτι ἄδικοι βασιλείαν θεοῦ οὐ κληρονομήσουσιν μὴ πλανᾶσθε οὔτε πόρνοι οὔτε εἰδωλολάτραι οὔτε μοιχοὶ οὔτε μαλακοὶ οὔτε ἀρσενοκοῖται

1:9 εἰδὼς τοῦτο ὅτι δικαίῳ νόμος οὐ κεῖται ἀνόμοις δὲ καὶ ἀνυποτάκτοις ἀσεβέσιν καὶ ἁμαρτωλοῖς ἀνοσίοις καὶ βεβήλοις πατραλῴαις καὶ μητραλῴαις ἀνδροφόνοις
                    1:10 πόρνοις ἀρσενοκοίταις ἀνδραποδισταῖς ψεύσταις ἐπιόρκοις καὶ εἴ τι ἕτερον τῇ ὑγιαινούσῃ διδασκαλίᾳ ἀντίκειται
                    Christians are superior because we possess an understanding that unbelievers lack. It is through the Power of Jesus only the converted mind is able to understand what is going on in the world; what the Communists are really up to; what Satan's intentions are. Most unbelievers do not even believe in Satan and cannot understand his tactics.

sigpic

Comment

Reconsider.
                      That is be most ridiculous thing I ever read. Yes, God did say in both the Old and the New Testaments that divorce and homosexuality are sinful. You, though, as someone who does not even believe in God, why are you so concerned about whether or not He said or did not say it? Check out Matthew 19, Romans 1, 1 Corinthians 6 and Galatians 5. As for the Old Testsment, and I DO read Hebrew, (it was my major at University), look up Leviticus 18 and Leviticus 20 as well as Deuteronomy 24. Happy reading and may the Lord speak to you personally through His Word and may you repent and be forgiven and cleansed of all unrighteousness.
                      Joshua 1:6: "Bee strong, and of a good courage: for vnto this people shalt thou diuide for an inheritance the land which I sware vnto their fathers to giue them".

Comment

But you're only allowed to do that with any authority if you read Hebrew, so stop and think before you do).
                        Have it your way, dear friend. Which part of

וְאֶת-זָכָר--לֹא תִשְׁכַּב, מִשְׁכְּבֵי אִשָּׁה: תּוֹעֵבָה, הִוא.

supports your reading? Besides, you're placing limits on Almighty God by suggesting that He cannot make Himself understood in whatever language He chooses.
                        This church is dedicated to preaching True Christianity™ and the King James Bible exactly as they are, with no alterations to make them more politically correct for modern liberals. If you think that we've misquoted or twisted Scripture or quoted any verse out of context, please explain in detail how we've done so. Otherwise, if what you read on this site offends you, then you're offended by Almighty God and His Word, not by us.

Questions to ask liberal "Christians"Things that the Bible doesn't sayTolerance

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mary Etheldreda View Post
                          Wait, you're saying the Law only counts if you can read in Hebrew?

No, I'm saying you can't claim an appropriate personal interpretation of the Law if you don't read Hebrew. Taking what others say and claiming it as yours isn't YOUR belief. Unfortunately, most don't understand that, and commonly ignore it. I got told I go "yapitty yap yap" because someone just doesn't like what I have to say and they couldn't develop an appropriate response to what I said.
                          To claim what I say is "stupid" or "dumb" just reinforces that most don't understand and don't want to understand because they prefer their narrow, judgmental viewpoints and don't want to truly LOVE everyone the way they claim Jesus loved everyone.
                          No debate = not getting closer to what people here claim to hold dear.
                          I'm sorry that's the case.
                          I hold you all in the highest personal regard.
                          Goodnight.
                          He that trusteth in his own heart is a fool: but whoso walketh wisely, he shall be delivered.
                          Proverbs 28:26

Comment

Originally posted by Unintelligencia View Post
                            No, I'm saying you can't claim an appropriate personal interpretation of the Law if you don't read Hebrew.
                            Thank you for that straw man, dear friend. Personal interpretation of God's Word is precisely what this church is not about. We don't interpret the Bible; we believe in it just as it is. Speaking of which, would you care to answer my question?
                            This church is dedicated to preaching True Christianity™ and the King James Bible exactly as they are, with no alterations to make them more politically correct for modern liberals. If you think that we've misquoted or twisted Scripture or quoted any verse out of context, please explain in detail how we've done so. Otherwise, if what you read on this site offends you, then you're offended by Almighty God and His Word, not by us.

Questions to ask liberal "Christians"Things that the Bible doesn't sayTolerance

sigpic

Comment

No, I'm saying you can't claim an appropriate personal interpretation of the Law if you don't read Hebrew. Taking what others say and claiming it as yours isn't YOUR belief.
                              So you want us to reconstruct a dead language's meaning, structure, metaphor, innuendo and implication over the thousands and thousands of people who have worked on the translations over the past two millennium. You don't have a very high standard of proof, now do you?

And who might be teaching the classes we would (you assume) need to attend to become proficient in said languages?

How do they truly know the dead language's meaning, structure, metaphor, innuendo and implication? I am sure they would be rather suspicious in your eyes if they studied it and came to the exact conclusion the thousands and thousands of other scholars who have worked on the translations over the past two millennium came to, wouldn't they, Sunshine?

So the question you must ask yourself is, why am I following a religion that I find to be so repulsive? Either believe in it all or don't believe in any of it! We have enough of you false Christians watering down God's Word making us look weak.

If you candy ass queer coddling maggots would get with the program, we could this country back to the way it was. Where we could enforce decent morals on our society.

But no! You have to be all "diverse" and act like homosexuality is okay.
                              IT ISN'T!

BLACK AND WHITE BOTH TESTAMENTS!

Stop acting like a baby who just found out Santa isn't real and be a Christian!!

sigpic

Comment

God never said being homosexual was a sin. He said using the act of homosexual sex for power was a sin (yes, I know a bunch of people will quote a phrase or two from the Old Testament and say "see, he said..." But you're only allowed to do that with any authority if you read Hebrew, so stop and think before you do).
                                You're the one disagreeing with Hebrew scholars. Are you proficient in Hebrew? If not, you're the one speaking without authority. But if so, please show us how the Hebrew supports your claim that homosexual sex is only a sin is you use it for power. There are people on this forum who do understand Biblical languages, and I'm sure they'd be very interested in this breakthrough discovery of yours.

But I know you're not a Hebrew scholar. Yet there are online resources to assist you in translation, such as the Interlinear Old Testament (check Lev 20:13), the Interlinear Greek New Testament (check 1 Cor 6:9).

It's also important to note that the Hebrew language had been dead for centuries when the New Testament was written, yet the Apostles had no problem quoting from the Septuagint, a Greek translation of the Old Testament. So why can't we quote from a translation of the original languages?

He also never said divorce was a sin. Sometimes people turn out to be hideous, horrible people. There's no reason (especially outlined in the Bible) to suggest you MUST be unhappy and live an agonized life.
                                Moses said divorce was okay (Deut 24:1), but Jesus said it wasn't (Lk 16:18). Matthew goes on to clarify that Jesus meant it wasn't okay unless your wife had committed adultery (Mat 19:9). There is no other exception given in the Bible. But this was covered in the OP.

Besides, how do you know God exists anyway?
                                If He doesn't exist, how could He have told us homosexuality was wrong?

To claim what I say is "stupid" or "dumb" just reinforces that most don't understand and don't want to understand because they prefer their narrow, judgmental viewpoints and don't want to truly LOVE everyone the way they claim Jesus loved everyone.
                                First, Jesus doesn't love everyone. He said to the church of Ephesus, "But this thou hast, that thou hatest the deeds of the Nicolaitanes, which I also hate" (Rev 2:6). Second, love is keeping God's commandments.

1 Jn 5:3 For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.

God has commanded people not to be gay and not to divorce. So not being gay and not getting divorced is love.
                                sigpicMt 21:42, 44 Jesus saith unto them, Did ye never read in the scriptures, The stone which the builders rejected, the same is become the head of the corner: this is the Lord's doing, and it is marvellous in our eyes . . . ? And whosoever shall fall on this stone shall be broken: but on whomsoever it shall fall, it will grind him to powder.

Find out what the Bible says about: Fortnite: Battle Royale, asexuality, shaving, psychiatry, chronic fatigue syndrome, babies

Comment

Working...
                                X