X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Ten Commandments and their Punishments

Originally posted by Wide-Open View Post
    Can you point out verse by verse if they weren meant metaphorically or not?
    Ah yes....2000 years of the complete Bible and the metaphor-megawhores still haven't given us their guide that points out which parts of the Bible are metaphorical and which parts are literal.

You guys could at least have done Genesis, you've had 6000 years to do it!
    Disagree? By failing to register and debate me, you prove that liberals are factless frauds who only persuade through intimidation. To prove otherwise, debate me!
    Got Questions? See Frequently Asked Questions, or use Forum Search, tag system, or our guides on Geography, History, Science, Comparative Religion, Civics, and Current Events.
    Did I use a new word you've never heard? Definitions here. | Vote! Everything you need to vote here!

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Wardin View Post
      Firstly, can I say that I am of the opinion that people should be allowed to have their own beliefs and faith.
      And here lies the path to damnation! Is it not written, "Thous shalt have no gods before me"?
      I am not here to post messages about people should think, or what they should do.
      Yet that is what you have just done! You condemn humanity to endless torture in the darkness of the pits of Hell and you think that a fluffy-bunny, "let's all hug a tree" statement like that excuses you?

Sir, you disgust me!
      sigpic

“We must reassert that the essence of Christianity is the love of obedience to God’s Laws and that how that complete obedience is used or implemented does not concern us.”

Author of such illuminating essays as,
      Map of the Known World; Periodic Table of Elements; The History of Linguistics; The Errors of Wicca; Dolphins and Evolution; The History of Landover (The Apology); Landover and the Civil War; 2000 Racial Slurs.

Comment

As a True Christian Officer of the Law, I endorse complete enforcement on the Ten Commandments in the United States.

God is who made this country great, and as we can see, as we turn our back on his laws, everything goes down the tubes.

I think that one day, we will be able to refer to the Holy Bible as our national law book. Keep voting Republican!
        Latest Headlines From Sheriff's Office:

Sheriff Richards Rescues Wayward Wife from the Influence of Evil Neighbor Kids

Sheriff Richards Busts Up Satanic Cult Operating out of local Haunted House

Sheriff Richards a Hero for saving Dying Man

Sheriff Richards Schools the Amish in Scripture

7 Year-Old Coveter Learns the Hard Way

Sheriff Richards cleans up 4-way stop

Sheriff Richards busts Arch Nemesis, Shane!

FPD to Enforce the No-Lifeguard-But-Jesus Ordinance

Sheriff Don W. Richards Cleans Up County Roads

Comment

Dear world.

This is the forum and the post that was mentioned in "The Ricky Gervais Guide To... LAW and Order".

You are not invited here, please go away.

Thank You.

YIC
          Brother V
          Judges 9:21 And Jotham ran away, and fled, and went to Beer, and dwelt there, for fear of Abimelech his brother.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Wardin View Post
            [...]

Do you really want society to follow these rules?
            Duh! Of course, We want to enter God's Kingdom.

What have the children done?
            Does it matter what the children have done? Read the Bible. When you are holed up and your enemies are starving you into surrender, you eat your children. Simple really.
            sigpic

“We must reassert that the essence of Christianity is the love of obedience to God’s Laws and that how that complete obedience is used or implemented does not concern us.”

Author of such illuminating essays as,
            Map of the Known World; Periodic Table of Elements; The History of Linguistics; The Errors of Wicca; Dolphins and Evolution; The History of Landover (The Apology); Landover and the Civil War; 2000 Racial Slurs.

Comment

I have no idea who Rick Gervais is, and I have no idea why we should care what a God-hating Frenchy like him has to say on the subject of scripture unless it's to fall to his knees and beg Jesus for forgiveness for a lifetime of sin and arrogance towards America.
              That said, if his "ooh la la ou est le senorita sacre blue mon amigo" ramblings backfire on him and help drive people into God's loving arms, then it's yet another pebble in the mountain of proof that the Lord works actual, real miracles even through those who reject Him! GLORY!
              Posted via Prayer

1 Timothy 2:13-15 For Adam was first formed, then Eve. And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression. Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing, if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety.
              Bearing my husband's heirs and being SAVED!

Blogging for CHRIST!
              Witnessing for GOD on YouTube!
              All a-Twitter for Salvation!
              Bringing Jesus to MySpace!
              On FIRE for the Lord on Facebook!
              My Ladies of Landover profile!

Comment

I was just wondering where a man spilling his seed on the ground sat, in that general ranking scheme.

vw
                Ezekiel 23:20: For she doted upon their paramours, whose flesh is as the flesh of asses, and whose issue is like the issue of horses.

Comment

Originally posted by virginWhore View Post
                  I was just wondering where a man spilling his seed on the ground sat, in that general ranking scheme.

vw
                  That's commandment 6: Thou shalt not kill.

What Christians believe about Abortion:

The Bible clearly states that Life begins BEFORE conception.

Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you. -Jeremiah 1:5, and Psalm 139:13

Life begins at the time sperm are created. This why God put Onan to death for using birth control:

Genesis 38:9-10:

And Onan knew that the seed should not be his; and it came to pass, when he went in unto his brother's wife, that he spilled it on the ground, lest he should give seed to his brother.

And the thing which he did displeased the LORD; therefore He slew him also.

If we were to believe that life begins at conception, sins like masturbation and birth-control would be acceptable. However, life begins BEFORE conception, so they are not.

Loophole: Note that while human life begins before conception, Jewish life begins one month after birth:

In Leviticus 27:6 a monetary value was placed on jewish children, but not until they reached one month old (any younger had no value). Full Chapter
                  Likewise, Numbers 3:15:

"Count the Levites by their families and clans. Count every male a month old or more."
                  Disagree? By failing to register and debate me, you prove that liberals are factless frauds who only persuade through intimidation. To prove otherwise, debate me!
                  Got Questions? See Frequently Asked Questions, or use Forum Search, tag system, or our guides on Geography, History, Science, Comparative Religion, Civics, and Current Events.
                  Did I use a new word you've never heard? Definitions here. | Vote! Everything you need to vote here!

Comment

Originally posted by virginWhore View Post
                    Well missy, you shouldn't be thinking about seed () in the first place, but for the other unwashed who refuse to read their Bibles:

Genesis 38:10
                    And the thing which he did displeased the LORD: wherefore he slew him also.

Easy: God kills you dead when you play with your pee-pee. PRAISE!
                    Psalm 81:10:
                    I am the LORD thy God, which brought thee out of the land of Egypt:
                    open thy mouth wide, and I will fill it.

Comment

Originally posted by Wide-Open View Post
                      Well missy, you shouldn't be thinking about seed () in the first place, but for the other unwashed who refuse to read their Bibles:
                      And lest some Smorgasbord Christian should accuse us of only quoting form the Old Testament:

Mark 9:43 And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:

That's sweet Baby Jesus talking directly to you: Cut it off.
                      A wise man’s heart inclines him to the right, but a fool’s heart to the left. (Ecclesiastes 10:2)

Comment

Originally posted by yak View Post
                        what about forgiveness?
                        surely if you were to get biblical law in the USA you would choose to forgive rather than kill?
                        I would follow the Bible, that's what biblical law means!
                        Matthew:
                        5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
                        5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled
                        10:21 And the brother shall deliver up the brother to death, and the father the child: and the children shall rise up against their parents, and cause them to be put to death.
                        10:34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

sigpic

Comment

Ricky Gervais has some interesting things to say on the religious lunacy displayed on this forum. Perhaps you ignorant god fearing bovine loons should check out his latest audiobook (Law and Order) and listen to what he has to say.
                          Or....you could continue to stare into your Bible and drool.

I read a far bit and enjoy Lord Of The Rings, but I'm pretty sure it's fiction, much like the fairy tales in the Bible.

Whatever floats your boat.

Comment

Originally posted by Sister Mary Maria View Post
                            I have no idea who Rick Gervais is, and I have no idea why we should care what a God-hating Frenchy like him has to say on the subject of scripture unless it's to fall to his knees and beg Jesus for forgiveness for a lifetime of sin and arrogance towards America.
                            That said, if his "ooh la la ou est le senorita sacre blue mon amigo" ramblings backfire on him and help drive people into God's loving arms, then it's yet another pebble in the mountain of proof that the Lord works actual, real miracles even through those who reject Him! GLORY!
                            Mr Gervais is not French, he's British and makes a very nice living from his work in the USA.
                            BTW, there is not proof of god or gods. None.

Comment

Originally posted by road_apple View Post
                              Mr Gervais is not French, he's British and makes a very nice living from his work in the USA.
                              BTW, there is not proof of god or gods. None.
                              Look down. What's that under your feet? Proof of God.
                              Matthew:
                              5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
                              5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled
                              10:21 And the brother shall deliver up the brother to death, and the father the child: and the children shall rise up against their parents, and cause them to be put to death.
                              10:34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by road_apple View Post
                                I'm confused now. I thought he owned a dairy factory?

[ATTACH]10399[/ATTACH]
                                Psalm 81:10:
                                I am the LORD thy God, which brought thee out of the land of Egypt:
                                open thy mouth wide, and I will fill it.

Comment

Working...
                                X