X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Things that the Bible doesn't say

Originally posted by Marko Loimaan-Aho View Post
    Actually, sister Mary - there is something even worse in that sentence.
    It is not in the Bible - it is in the mooslim book!!!
    Because that book is from satan, i don't write here where it can be found there.
    And some people who think they are Christians use this!

REPENT, SINNERS!!!
    The passage you're referring to comes at the end of an excessively verbose 286 verse rant and the context is particularly significant. Worshipping the created—as they do in the form of a moon idol—rather than the creator, God has abandoned these wretches to unreason:
    ISAIAH 1:18-20a Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool. If ye be willing and obedient, ye shall eat the good of the land: But if ye refuse and rebel, ye shall be devoured with the sword:
    ROMANS 1:22-23a Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools, And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image KJV

EVIDENCE
    According to Mohammed, and notice the contrast here, souls are tasked according to their deserts. It's necessary to grovel in the hope of being pardoned and there is a blatant attempt to obligate the Creator so that victory against "disbelieving folk" [us] may be achieved. It is also clear that souls in the past were taxed beyond what they could bear, beyond—if the first part of this verse is anything to go by—their just deserts. This presupposition of injustice demonstrates unreason on the part of the author and anyone who believes what he declaimed.
    KORAN 2:286 al-Baqarah: The Cow Allah tasketh not a soul beyond its scope. For it is only that which it hath earned, and against it only that which it hath deserved. Our Lord! Condemn us not if we forget, or miss the mark! Our Lord! Lay not on us such a burden as thou didst lay on those before us! Our Lord! Impose not on us that which we have not the strength to bear! Pardon us, absolve us and have mercy on us, Thou, our Protector, and give us victory over the disbelieving folk. Pickthall

By what expedient that victory might be attained requires no imagination where barbaric sensitivities are concerned. Anyone rejecting barbarism, its butchery and injustices and vile subjugations, would also reject its literature. They would cease to be muslims.
    I CORINTHIANS 10:13-14 There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it. Wherefore, my dearly beloved, flee from idolatry. KJV

Koran references to idolators are negative in the extreme. When I see a image of the moon, as it seems to me, that contravenes Moses' Law about making images regardless of whether anyone bows down to the thing. Muslims will say either that the crescent they use is not an idol or that it is not an image of the moon. In which case the question needs to be asked: If it is not an image of the moon, what is it? For over a thousand years the Roman (and other orthodox) branches of Christendom venerated statues also claiming that they weren't idols. Wherever those false and superstitious beliefs were abandoned many benefits followed. There is no "magic" in a statue whether of Mary or of Jesus or of the Sun or Moon and men who claim to speak on their behalf are doing no such thing. By actually reading the source material it becomes easier to see The Truth of their lies.

Comment

The life of Jesus tells you everything you need to know about being a Christian.

Liberal false Christians are spreading nonsense like this on social media to make Christianity look politically correct:

Click image for larger version

Name:	justfollowjesus.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	238.1 KB
ID:	1921355

That would have been news to Jesus Himself (the real one, not the one who lives only in the imaginations of cafeteria Christians):

Matthew 4:4 KJV: 4 But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

If everything in the Bible but Christ's earthly ministry were just filler and pull quotes, why would He have said that, and why would the rest of the Bible have been revealed at all?

There's also the minor issue that "killing" and "murder" are not synonymous.
      This church is dedicated to preaching True Christianity™ and the King James Bible exactly as they are, with no alterations to make them more politically correct for modern liberals. If you think that we've misquoted or twisted Scripture or quoted any verse out of context, please explain in detail how we've done so. Otherwise, if what you read on this site offends you, then you're offended by Almighty God and His Word, not by us.

Questions to ask liberal "Christians"Things that the Bible doesn't sayTolerance

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pastor Isaac Peters View Post
        The life of Jesus tells you everything you need to know about being a Christian.

Liberal false Christians are spreading nonsense like this on social media to make Christianity look politically correct:

That would have been news to Jesus Himself (the real one, not the one who lives only in the imaginations of cafeteria Christians):

Matthew 4:4 KJV: 4 But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

If everything in the Bible but Christ's earthly ministry were just filler and pull quotes, why would He have said that, and why would the rest of the Bible have been revealed at all?
        Good points, Pastor. If I may also add, that if we sticked to living like Jesus did then we'd have all have to move to an Amish area and spend the rest of our lives roaming the land on foot (only occasionally riding an ass), in celibate - because this is how Jesus lived. If that were what Jesus wanted for all of us, then Christianity as a religion would have ended within one generation - just look at the Shakers.
        God created fossils to test our faith.

My favorite LBC sermons:
        True Christians are Perfect!
        True Christian™ Love.
        Salvation™ made Easy!
        You can’t be a Christian if you don’t believe the Old Testament.
        Jesus is impolite. Deal with it.
        Jesus is xenophobic and so should we.
        Sanctity of Life is NOT a Biblical Concept.
        Biblical view on modern-day slavery.
        The Immorality of the "Universal Declaration of Human Rights."
        Geneva Conventions vs. The Holy Bible.
        God HATES Rational Thinking!
        True Christian™ Man as a spitting image of God.

Comment

Can u help me understand Psalm 82:1It has really confused me.
          As a dog returneth to his vomit, so a fool returneth to his folly. Proverbs 26:11

Comment

Originally posted by uncool dude View Post
            How could it possibly confuse you? Is not God's Word like silver has been refined seven times? (Psalms:12:6: The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.)

I don't really know much about you and I can't be bothered reading thing written in "text-speak", so if you are beset by demons of unintelligence, please reply with an "X".

Anyway, this thread is entitled "Things that the Bible doesn't say" not "Things that the Bible does say"
            sigpic

“We must reassert that the essence of Christianity is the love of obedience to God’s Laws and that how that complete obedience is used or implemented does not concern us.”

Author of such illuminating essays as,
            Map of the Known World; Periodic Table of Elements; The History of Linguistics; The Errors of Wicca; Dolphins and Evolution; The History of Landover (The Apology); Landover and the Civil War; 2000 Racial Slurs.

Comment

Originally posted by Ezekiel Bathfire View Post
              How could it possibly confuse you? Is not God's Word like silver has been refined seven times? (Psalms:12:6: The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.)

I don't really know much about you and I can't be bothered reading thing written in "text-speak", so if you are beset by demons of unintelligence, please reply with an "X".

Anyway, this thread is entitled "Things that the Bible doesn't say" not "Things that the Bible does say"
              I apologise. I was only seeking assistance, so that someone many help me understand Psalm 82:1
              As a dog returneth to his vomit, so a fool returneth to his folly. Proverbs 26:11

Comment

It's covered here. Search function is your friend.

Comment

What the Bible doesn't say either?

Well, the statement that dispensationalism was unbiblical and cult of Darby, Scofield or Ruckman. But the truth is, Ephesians 3:2 says the opposite:
                  If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-way

Adam and Eve clearly were in a different dispensation as us. They could do what they want except eat from one tree - which doesn't apply to us.
                  Ecclesiastes 5:3b "A fool's voice is known by multitude of words."

Comment

Originally posted by Diesel Stanford View Post
                    What the Bible doesn't say either?...
                    Just because Paul uses a vaguely similar word in a completely different context does not mean anyone endorses that.

The True Christians™ put a lot of time (seriously, a lot of time; check the thread dates, lazy ***es slacked off for like eight years mid-stream) and effort (ok, not so much proof there) into assembling the Bible in a Year forum covering the entirety of the KJV through a True Christian™ lens. It's an invaluable resource. And the Ephesians 3 section of that forum has... nothing ...on dispensationalism.

That being said, there is support for it elsewhere in the Bible, so it is accepted by most denominations (I don't recall seeing it being discussed here either way). Let's see if you can find it, and an appropriate thread the discuss the matter (because it's a really meaningless issue unless you already accept almost all of the rest of mainstream Christian theology, and has historically only been used to provide "heretics" to prosecute for political purposes).

Comment

Originally posted by Diesel Stanford View Post
                      What the Bible doesn't say either?
                      Well, the statement that dispensationalism was unbiblical and cult of Darby, Scofield or Ruckman. But the truth is, Ephesians 3:2 says the opposite:
                      If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-way

Very good - How, in your opinion, does this manifest itself as an aberration in everyday life?
                      sigpic

“We must reassert that the essence of Christianity is the love of obedience to God’s Laws and that how that complete obedience is used or implemented does not concern us.”

Author of such illuminating essays as,
                      Map of the Known World; Periodic Table of Elements; The History of Linguistics; The Errors of Wicca; Dolphins and Evolution; The History of Landover (The Apology); Landover and the Civil War; 2000 Racial Slurs.

Comment

Originally posted by Ezekiel Bathfire View Post
                        Very good - How, in your opinion, does this manifest itself as an aberration in everyday life?[/SIZE][/FONT]
                        A lot, because this dispensational will end with the rapture. It has nothing to do with my opinion, but with the truth.

Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also. (John 14:3)

For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him. For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep. For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. (1st Thessalonians 4:14-16)

And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book. And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt. (Daniel 12:1-2)
                        Ecclesiastes 5:3b "A fool's voice is known by multitude of words."

Comment

Originally posted by Didymus Much View Post
                          It's covered here. Search function is your friend.
                          For once your reply had an interesting link. I will post it here:
                          Psalm 82:1-2 God standeth in the congregation of the mighty; he judgeth among the gods. How long will ye judge unjustly, and accept the persons of the wicked? Selah.

I've included verse 2 for context, just in case anyone was thinking of inserting some false doctrine they made up for themselves.

Originally posted by Brother V View Post
                          Psalm 82

1 God standeth in the congregation of the mighty; he judgeth among the gods.

This is odd, if we look back to the verses from yesterday, which I don't believe I highlighted the one in particular, we'll see something interesting.
                          Psalm 77: 13 Thy way, O God, is in the sanctuary: who is so great a God as our God?

..and linking to the Psalm 77 post:

Psalm 77:11-15 I will remember the works of the LORD: surely I will remember thy wonders of old. I will meditate also of all thy work, and talk of thy doings. Thy way, O God, is in the sanctuary: who is so great a God as our God? Thou art the God that doest wonders: thou hast declared thy strength among the people. Thou hast with thine arm redeemed thy people, the sons of Jacob and Joseph. Selah.

The Bible is very clear about false gods. They were (and still are) cooked up by a criminal caste masquerading as seers or prophets or even more cynically manipulating people who, although not really seers or prophets, thought they were. They did this to get a privileged status and murdered anyone who objected. False religions use the same methods today. It's all they got, buster! would be a fair critique.

There are exceptions where laws have been passed to get rid of such odious frauds but make no mistake: if they ever get a toe-hold again they'll revert to form within a century. Whatever soporific burlesque they enact in the meantime.

“God,” they say, “Is so fantastic and will provide a permanent bordello we accept cash (only).. as they refer to a hideous ivory goblin or gilded idol of the moon or whatever image they've conditioned their followers to adore. It is presented as God but is no such thing in reality. Gods of that type are not great. This is made plain in Psalm 77.

These deceptions deserve to be judged. The thing held up as God, by liars, is in fact a useless thing. A god, a human invention. The way they use it, the values they attribute to it elevate the word..as they use it..to a proper noun. With a capital letter. This is what God compares, the image they perceive, the value they attribute to it, can never compete with reality.

In Psalm 82 however, God is not inviting comparisons with reality. God is judging. And the things He judges, the wicked things He judges, the falsehoods and lies and deceptions and idols He judges are in reality mere gods. Useless objects, useless ideas. The world view described in Psalm 77 is judged in Psalm 82 and as always God's Perfect Judgement is consistent. Otherwise it would not be perfect.

Comment

Galatians 3:28, this is neither jew nor greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is no male and female, for you are all one in Christ jesus.

it isn't transphobic either

Comment

Originally posted by keseos View Post
                              Galatians 3:28, this is neither jew nor greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is no male and female, for you are all one in Christ jesus.
                              I’m confused. This is about what the Bible(KJV1611) do NOT say.

YIC
                              1 Corinthians 11:3 But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.

Revelation 22:15 For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.

Leviticus 20:13 If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Laurence Niles View Post
                                I’m confused. This is about what the Bible(KJV1611) do NOT say.

YIC
                                Yeah it doesn't say transgenders are sinners

Comment

Working...
                                X