X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Which religion has the best proof?

Of course Catholicism has the best proof, which are stigmate:

Look at this image, and tell me this isn't how God shows how much he loves the people in the Church.

Comment

Mr. Rovagnati: In response to your horrid photo (and any other "righteous" drivel that you might concoct), I'll just leave this here:

Sincerely, Isabella W.
      (Mrs.) Isabella White

Hebrews 10:19 "Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the Blood of Jesus"

Comment

Miss Shah, I would think that as a self-identified Scotchwoman you would be inclined to accept the Bible (King James Version, 1611) as the very best proof there is? After all, King James I (or James VI as you people call him) was originally a Scotch king until he was politely invited to take the throne of England, Scotland's superior southern neighbor. We have King James I to thank for the KJV (1611) and you will surely agree, from a Scotch point of view, that this is evidence enough for its infallibility?

We very much look forward to welcoming you into our congregation, Harsha dear.
        Vaccinated by the love of Jesus!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Romeo Rovagnati View Post
          Of course Catholicism………
          Catholicism was not on the list.
          Look at this image………
          Why has that man put jam on his eyes?
          ………tell me this isn't how God shows how much he loves the people in the Church.
          This isn't how God shows how much he loves the people in HIS Church. As for the churches of Saturn or Batibat, I have no idea how they'd be shown love.

Stigmata are supposed to be rather specific and I'm not going to link any "catholic education" sources but the gist of what they contained when I checked before posting is that the wound marks conform to the wounds of Jesus (as opposed to pathological lesions which would emerge at random on the body) bringing me to our second point. Any manifestation of anything from God will necessarily be in harmony with the revealed manifestation of Scripture. At no stage did Jesus have His eyes removed. The picture shows someone obsessing over an idol and since idols are a visual representation, it serves to suggest that ogling idols may result in blasting of the eyes. And what idol could be more blasphemous than a dead Jesus idol?

Sometimes people cite The Bible to support heresy. When written in Latin which very few could read for themselves it was easy for criminals to perpetrate their fraud by telling everyone else that God's message was whatever they wanted it to be and to say that's what the Latin meant. The same would apply to Hebrew text once no-one spoke Hebrew any more. Opinion has no place here; in either case the context provides everything necessary for our understanding.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .PETER
          II Peter 3:14-16
          Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things..
          What things? Simple: just read the previous verses II Peter 3:1-13 where it's explicit that Peter
          is discussing melting of the elements with fervent heat. He includes incineration of the earth by
          fire leading to perdition of ungodly men. These are the things they're looking for. Not stigmata.
          Peter continues:
          ..be diligent that ye may be found of him in peace, without spot, and blameless. And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you; as also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . PAUL
          Galatians 6:17
          From henceforth let no man trouble me: for I bear in my body the marks of the Lord Jesus.
          Is this what Paul had written according to the wisdom given unto him? Well, yes in the sense
          that everything written by Paul falls under that category and surely if any apostle had started
          spouting blood it would be remarkable enough to warrant a mention but in this chapter, Paul
          is denouncing persons desiring to make a fair shew in the flesh. Rubbing jam in your eyes for
          display purposes is as wide of the mark as genital mutilation.
          15 For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision, but a new creature.
          18 Brethren, the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit. Amen.

To the Galatians written from Rome.

You will recall that Paul was flogged on several occasions prior to his arrival in Rome. The emphasis here however is on becoming a new creature in Christ, regardless of one's physical condition, which is spelled out right there in the chapter. To suggest any other interpretation is to ignore context so much as to be disingenuous. God is always consistent.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .MARY
          Luke 1:26b, 27-35a
          The angel Gabriel was sent from God..to a virgin espoused to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David; and the virgin's name was Mary. And the angel came in unto her, and said, Hail, thou that art highly favoured, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women. And when she saw him, she was troubled at his saying, and cast in her mind what manner of salutation this should be. And the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God. And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS. He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David: and he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end. Then said Mary unto the angel, How shall this be, seeing I know not a man? And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee

Mary accepted what God was going to do to her. Not because she saw lesions arise on her arm or boils break out upon her feet, not because of any physical condition (although after her visit to Zacharias and Elisabeth a physical condition did emerge) but because of the ministry of The Holy Ghost. Absolutely consistent with God's message in The Epistles and with Mary's own assessment of her condition.

Comment

Of course Catholicism has the best proof, which are stigmate:

Look at this image, and tell me this isn't how God shows how much he loves the people in the Church.
            I heard it was because he attempted to "go in unto" a porcupine...
            sigpic

“We must reassert that the essence of Christianity is the love of obedience to God’s Laws and that how that complete obedience is used or implemented does not concern us.”

Author of such illuminating essays as,
            Map of the Known World; Periodic Table of Elements; The History of Linguistics; The Errors of Wicca; Dolphins and Evolution; The History of Landover (The Apology); Landover and the Civil War; 2000 Racial Slurs.

Comment

Originally posted by Harsha Shah View Post
              Yes, it is Harsha Shah here. I am writing now because I am preparing a paper about religions for my summer courses on science and religion and moral philosophy at the University of St. Andrews.
              1. Prince Philip movement; 2. Haile Selassie the Emperor: Neither claimed to be Jesus, The Son of The One True God.
              3 Mr. Joseph Smith – did not claim to be divine, had been previously convicted of deception. Matthew 7:16
              4. Scientology. L Ron Hubbard – did not claim to be divine. He said, “If you want to make money, invent a religion.”

5. This is Islam. They are having many many eyewitnesses for the miracles that were performed by Mohammed. Performing a miracle does not make you a deity – in fact, if you don’t believe in Jesus, and you do a miracle, it is clear that the so-called “miracle” was done by Satan..

Anyhow, all of the above people are either dead or close to it. Jesus lives!

7. Hinduism has hundreds of witnesses more miracles but we are not knowing the exact number, no. Yes, it is hundreds and I am citing them. "He showed His heavenly powers in the house of Srivasa in the presence of hundreds of His followers, who were mostly well-read scholars." -> Well first this is not Hinduism: it refers to the Bhakti movement. The Bhakti movement’s fairy story of Krishna’s birth is a straight rip-off of Jesus’s birth and his preaching at the Temple aged 12 years, but with strange Indian words thrown in. It was invented by someone who had eaten a bad curry about 700 years ago. It is to Hinduism what Roman Catholicism was to Jesus’s Words – a travesty. But then Hinduism with blue elephants is a travesty – so Bhakti movement is a travesty of a travesty of a travesty.

8. - 9. Another tie. Voodoo and Wicca. There are many people who are telling that they have suffered from the black magic of voodoo and that it is then real. Yes. And the love potions of the Wicca have been helping many, yes. -> These are the ignorant delusions of (i) primitive peoples and (ii) ugly women in need of a husband, both of whom merely attribute natural events as evidence of magic.

10. Taoism. A collection of chink fairy tales and homespun philosophy that was good 2000 years ago but has not kept pace with Biblical knowledge and Science
              11. Confucianism: See Taoism “Confucius say “I’m dead.”

12 -13. This is last one and it is a tie. It is Pastafarianism and Jedi knights. -> There is a little more to a religion than merely saying it is a religion otherwise there would be thousands of religions.

There is only room for one true religion, and Landover has been granted the sole rights by God Himself.
              sigpic

“We must reassert that the essence of Christianity is the love of obedience to God’s Laws and that how that complete obedience is used or implemented does not concern us.”

Author of such illuminating essays as,
              Map of the Known World; Periodic Table of Elements; The History of Linguistics; The Errors of Wicca; Dolphins and Evolution; The History of Landover (The Apology); Landover and the Civil War; 2000 Racial Slurs.

Comment

Yes, it is Harsha Shah here again and I am answering your queries.
                What about The Báb?

Comment

I am so sick of Catholics spewing their heresies and acting like they are in any way related to the contents of the Bible. I mean, really. There's more evidence for evilution than there is for Catholicism. Yes, that inbred racist Nazi fool Charles Darwin is more credible than any Pope. That really ought to tell you how stupid and retarded Popery is.
                  I was sinking deep in sin far from the peaceful shore,
                  Very deeply stained within, sinking to rise no more;
                  But the Master of the Sea heard my despairing cry,
                  From the waters lifted me, now safe am I!

Comment

Originally posted by Ezekiel Bathfire View Post
                    1. Prince Philip movement; 2. Haile Selassie the Emperor: Neither claimed to be Jesus, The Son of The One True God.

Greetings white people!

Tonight I have been to a meeting of the Student Committee to Drive Off Donald Trump and very much was accomplished. All of the investigative committees and action committees and all of the sub committees had meetings which were very successful. Presentations were made and I myself spoke of the dangers of white nationalism and possible re-enslavement of the Black people. I was well received. We signed some petitions and then unanimously passed a resolution to continue to drive off Donald Trump.

Anyway I felt it is my duty and obligation to inform my white friends that Jah Rastafari is one with Jah as Jesus is one with Jah and they are very much like brothers from different mothers like my brother Archibald and I. The white people were not able to catch Ras Tafari and kill him like they killed Jesus so he is everliving. He can be found even now in a remote monastery in the highlands of Ethiopia.

Jah Guide!
                    Trevor
                    Sing unto God, sing praises to his name: Extol him that rideth upon the heavens By his name JAH, and rejoice before him.-Psalms 68:4

Comment

I have now been studying all of the great world religions in detail and some of the modern ones regarding their reliability and evidence and I have been constructing a list of these religions and their proof in an order that is descending and here is the list.

Ms. Shah, would you mind if, as answer to your list, if i show you which, in my opinion, are the religions with the less proof?

13 Judaism: They have some truth, since they have the Tanakh (aka Old Testament). However, instead of adding the New Testament to their collection of texts, they decided that the Talmud and Kabbalist texts are more holier. Let's also not forget that they are one of the only religions who don't believe the Christ.

11-12 Black Hebrew and Nation of Islam: Those two sticks perfectly togher. They are both Hamcentric movements who claims blacks were the original race because they misinterpred the Bible.

10 Druze: They are just some wannabe Jews who are actually Gnostic Muslim, but identify as neither of them. We know that Jethro existed, but nowere in the Bible he founded the Druze order.

9 Shintoism: It is just a mythology, and most of them are Buddhists or self proclaimed otakus anyway.

7-8 Buddhism and Jainism: I put thoose two toghether cause their doctrine is basically the same: ripping off Hinduism and changing some of its teachings. If there was already Hinduism, what's the point of theese two?

6 Bahai: The religion was nothing more than an attemp of the Brits (who all other european knows they are evil) to impose a new religion on the iranian people. What makes it even less credible is the fact that it has no sacred texts.

5 Damanhur: For anyone who don't know them: they are an Italian cult who looks like the wicked child of Wicca and Scientology. Its members engage themselves in occult rituals and worships every God that the mankind knows. I guess it speaks for itself. The only good thing of this cult is their beautyful Temple of Mankind.

4 Jehovah's Witnesses: They believe (with no biblical support) that Jesus Christ was St. Michael the Archangel. I doubt their leader even believed what he preached, since he was buried under a pyramid.

3 Seven Days Adventists: They believed various false prophets, including a woman (1 Corinthians 14:34), and all of them failed to predict the End of The World.

2 Asatru: Don't let the name decieve you, it is not true at all. They are nothing more than a bunch of Dungeon & Drugons roleplayers who worship characters from the Edda's of Bishop Snorri Sturluson, with no belief that they exist at all.

1 Atheism: Considering that there alot of religions with numberous denominations, there is no way atheists could be right about denying God and other spiritual things.

Feel free to correct me if there is something wrong. Amen.

Comment

Ms. Shah, would you mind if, as answer to your list, if i show you which, in my opinion, are the religions with the less proof?

13 Judaism: They have some truth, since they have the Tanakh (aka Old Testament). However, instead of adding the New Testament to their collection of texts, they decided that the Talmud and Kabbalist texts are more holier. Let's also not forget that they are one of the only religions who don't believe the Christ.

11-12 Black Hebrew and Nation of Islam: Those two sticks perfectly togher. They are both Hamcentric movements who claims blacks were the original race because they misinterpred the Bible.

10 Druze: They are just some wannabe Jews who are actually Gnostic Muslim, but identify as neither of them. We know that Jethro existed, but nowere in the Bible he founded the Druze order.

9 Shintoism: It is just a mythology, and most of them are Buddhists or self proclaimed otakus anyway.

7-8 Buddhism and Jainism: I put thoose two toghether cause their doctrine is basically the same: ripping off Hinduism and changing some of its teachings. If there was already Hinduism, what's the point of theese two?

6 Bahai: The religion was nothing more than an attemp of the Brits (who all other european knows they are evil) to impose a new religion on the iranian people. What makes it even less credible is the fact that it has no sacred texts.

5 Damanhur: For anyone who don't know them: they are an Italian cult who looks like the wicked child of Wicca and Scientology. Its members engage themselves in occult rituals and worships every God that the mankind knows. I guess it speaks for itself. The only good thing of this cult is their beautyful Temple of Mankind.

4 Jehovah's Witnesses: They believe (with no biblical support) that Jesus Christ was St. Michael the Archangel. I doubt their leader even believed what he preached, since he was buried under a pyramid.

3 Seven Days Adventists: They believed various false prophets, including a woman (1 Corinthians 14:34), and all of them failed to predict the End of The World.

2 Asatru: Don't let the name decieve you, it is not true at all. They are nothing more than a bunch of Dungeon & Drugons roleplayers who worship characters from the Edda's of Bishop Snorri Sturluson, with no belief that they exist at all.

1 Atheism: Considering that there alot of religions with numberous denominations, there is no way atheists could be right about denying God and other spiritual things.

Even a stopped clock is correct twice a day, and you just hit the jackpot, my dear Romeo!

I'm very curious to see what Harsha will have to say seeing her Jainism on the list!
                        God created fossils to test our faith.

My favorite LBC sermons:
                        True Christians are Perfect!
                        True Christian™ Love.
                        Salvation™ made Easy!
                        You can’t be a Christian if you don’t believe the Old Testament.
                        Jesus is impolite. Deal with it.
                        Jesus is xenophobic and so should we.
                        Sanctity of Life is NOT a Biblical Concept.
                        Biblical view on modern-day slavery.
                        The Immorality of the "Universal Declaration of Human Rights."
                        Geneva Conventions vs. The Holy Bible.
                        God HATES Rational Thinking!
                        True Christian™ Man as a spitting image of God.

Comment

other spiritual things.

It's not clear whether you consider catholicism to have a valid spiritual existence (in the way atheists do not) and if so whether it's different from protestants and non-conformists. Perhaps if you could provide a definition for "spiritual" we'd be better able to respond.

Jehovah's Witnesses and 7th-Day-Adventists we agree are unmitigated heretics, along with their Unitarian and Christian Scientist bedfellows. We have been praying that you'll find Christ and understanding the error of cults is an important first step. Keep holding HIS hand.

In Christ.

Comment

Yes, it is Harsha Shah here. I am writing now because I am preparing a paper about religions for my summer courses on science and religion and moral philosophy at the University of St. Andrews. Yes, the course will be starting in August but I am preparing in advance. I am hoping to become a certified teacher in RME that is religious and moral education. I am also a strong and independent woman working for an independent Scotland under the Brexit duress. Yes, I am hoping that I am not offending you but this will be a long post, yes. I have now been studying all of the great world religions in detail and some of the modern ones regarding their reliability and evidence and I have been constructing a list of these religions and their proof in an order that is descending and here is the list. Yes. The best religion is on top with number one and so on. I am very happy to have finished this. Yes.

1. Prince Philip movement. It is the most reliable of all religions, yes it is, and their god, prince Philip duke of Edinburgh my home town is demonstrably alive and there is much more documentation of him than of any other deity. His followers can really meet him and he has been sending them his photos.

2. This was a close call. Yes, but I am choosing Rastafarianism. They are thinking that Haile Selassie the Emperor was Jesus come again and there is much more documentation of him than of any other deity excluding prince Philip. His followers can be looking at his photos and other things. Yes.

3. This was as I was writing a close call. Number 3 is Mormonism. They have the signed eyewitness testimonials of 11 men of good standing and a woman, who must have been strong and independent. A person would not be signing a document about the gold plates and Mr. Joseph Smith with his face being buried in his hat unless they really were seeing it, yes.

4. Scientology. We are being given the expert account of many celebrities such as Mr. Tom Cruise who vouch for the good nature of this religion, yes, and they are really martyrs as people are persecuting them because of this, yes. The downside is that Scientology is not seeming to be online with any science. No.

After number 4, I was using the number of eyewitnesses as a surrogate for real evidence.

5. This is Islam. They are having many many eyewitnesses for the miracles that were performed by Mohammed. They are in the Hadith. I am giving you an example. Al-Bara: "We were one-thousand-and-four-hundred persons on the day of Al-Hudaibiya (Treaty), and (at) Al- Hudaibiya (there) was a well.". This is 1400 people who were seeing their prophet make water, yes.

6.-7. This is a tie because of some lack of precision. It is Christianity and Hinduism. Christianity has 513 eyewitnesses, a Cephas and 12 disciplines and 500 unnamed people. We cannot be knowing who the 500 people were so they are not presenting themselves as well as in Mormonism. It is in 1 Corinthians 15:4–8. Yes. Hinduism has hundreds of witnesses more miracles but we are not knowing the exact number, no. Yes, it is hundreds and I am citing them. "His secretary Murari Gupta has given an eyewitness account of how He showed His heavenly powers in the house of Srivasa in the presence of hundreds of His followers, who were mostly well-read scholars." It is a tie with christians as these Hindus were scholars who were being more reliable than laymen.

8. - 9. Another tie. Voodoo and Wicca. There are many people who are telling that they have suffered from the black magic of voodoo and that it is then real. Yes. And the love potions of the Wicca have been helping many, yes.

10. Taoism. It has no evidence but it can be proven if someone who is practicing it loses her urges for sex, eating and sleeping. I was not able to locate these persons but that is not meaning that they would not be there. Yes, they could.

11. Confucianism. I was not able to locate real proof that Confucius was real, it is the same as with your Jesus. So it is 50-50 if he was. I am not trying to offend any of you by doubting the existence of Confucius but I am only saying that there is insufficient documentation.

12 -13. This is last one and it is a tie. It is Pastafarianism and Jedi knights. We are reading documentation of both that are stating that these were invented as jokes. Yes, I am not saying that they are not true, no, but, yes, I am hoping that I am not offending you if I am writing that they are admitting the joke themselves. Yes. I am really thinking that I might be offending you but I am really enjoying watching the Star Wars Movies, so please do not be offended by my skepticism about these religions.

I am thinking that this is not a complete list, yes, but it is well-researched and I am expanding it with references and presenting it as coursework later this summer. Yes. This was Harsha Shah.

Good Article best ever

Comment

Originally posted by AbigailAbida View Post
                              Good Article best ever
                              Bad intro.

Worst ever.

Comment

5. This is Islam.
                                From your comments I was expecting a miracle account.

5. Islam:
                                Perhaps we have different ideas about what constitutes a miracle
                                Why would the reference you used attributed to Al-Bara concerning an event over two centuries earlier suggest anything out of the ordinary? Perhaps my imagination is deficient but I can't make out anything miraculous. You wrote

They are having many many eyewitnesses for the miracles that were performed by Mohammed.
                                They are in the Hadith. I am giving you an example. Al-Bara:
                                "We were one-thousand-and-four-hundred persons on the day of Al-Hudaibiya, and at Al-Hudaibiya
                                there was a well."

or words to that effect and, regardless of what the prophet was doing or how many people were watching him, for the life of me I can't see how there being fourteen hundred people who undoubtedly would become thirsty at some stage all in one place where there was a well is anything other than commonplace. Where else would they congregate?

1. Sahih al-Bukhari is a collection of hadith compiled by Imam Muhammad al-Bukhari (d. 256 AH/870 AD)
                                https://sunnah.com/bukhari

2. In O.P.
                                https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showpost.php?p=1255390&postcount=1

Comment

Working...
                                X