X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 50 shekels of silver in today's value?

Originally posted by Isabella White View Post
    Amen, Dear Sister Mitza, Amen!! I know exactly what you're going through. I had to ask that newcomer (and very kindly so, I might add) AT LEAST THREE TIMES to do a proper introduction on our Introduction Forum. I had no intention of hazarding an explanation about the shekels, though, and may the bless you for your patience, Dear.

A blessed day to you, Dear Sister Mitza,
    Sincerely, Isabella W.
    P.S. -- And what excuse did I get from that NOOB regarding his avoidance of not complying with our Introduction Forum requests? Why, none other than the usual, "I am doing this on my phone". It seems they can do everything else just fine on their blasted phones, except following one little request to provide three bits of information!
    Well if you can type a question about shekels on a phone (which had actually been answered in the immediately preceding post) surely you could type "Hi there! My name is Rumpelstiltskin. Today do I bake, tomorrow I stew, but right now I'd look like an alien from the planer Spfthlurrgh so can't hide behind folklore and am keeping a low profile.." or something. Anything. I just typed that didn't I?

This is what happens when prayer is taken out of school.

Comment

Originally posted by MitzaLizalor View Post
      Well if you can type a question about shekels on a phone (which had actually been answered in the immediately preceding post) surely you could type "Hi there! My name is Rumpelstiltskin. Today do I bake, tomorrow I stew, but right now I'd look like an alien from the planer Spfthlurrgh so can't hide behind folklore and am keeping a low profile.." or something. Anything. I just typed that didn't I?

This is what happens when prayer is taken out of school.
      Oh, that is so true, dear Sister Mitza; so true, indeed! With prayer having been removed from schools (and don't get me started about how they don't teach lessons from the ), is it any wonder that the youngsters of today are on such a perilous path? Now, I do know that it can be difficult to type on those phone thingies. I don't use one because, at 84, my eyesight is not what it used to be and I have trouble seeing the screen, let alone the ridiculously-small keypad. But the young ones can do anything on their gadgets, and you've proved very nicely that almost anybody can use the phones for their messages. But it boils down to this: that NOOB only wanted information and she had no real intention of making a proper introduction. I might be wrong, but I have my doubts that we shall see that one again.

A blessed day to you, Dear Sister Mitza,
      Sincerely, Isabella W.

(Mrs.) Isabella White
      Hebrews 10:19 "Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the of "

Comment

Sorry for the stupid question I’m sorry if I offended y’all.
        I love the lord

Comment

Thank you Pastor for reminding us to stay on topic. It's simple enough to enter "shekel" for a search and post the results here for reference. Similarly for silver prices. But the real purpose for doing that, the reason why silver shekels are significant, can easily be overlooked.

The Bible is our most important communication from God. It's important because without it we'd know nothing about Salvation. Value systems cooked up by the likes of Epicurus or John Stuart Mill are not based on God's values and could never attain Redemption on our behalf. Jesus did just that. The Bible records those events together with many words from Jesus on a range of topics, helping to educate us, and the values ordained by God explaining why Jesus had to die.

Some of those values relate to different types of person and address compensation to owners when someone is damaged. Others present money values where The Temple is involved. There are different metals used as money from time to time and although we now use fiat currencies—with values determined arbitrarily—metals such as gold or silver (and a few others) still have an actual value.

Godlessness denies us the understanding of our fallen condition from which only blood can rescue. And not just any old blood. Living blood from Christ, above any value we could ever comprehend but spelled out in God's value system which is preserved for us in The Bible. Without it how could we ever know Jesus lived at all? He died to set us free.

Comment

at least now we know the real price they sell Jesus

Comment

Originally posted by PeterJack View Post
              Oh, my! I see that you are new to us, Mr. Jack, and to you I do extend a warm I see that you have, somehow or another, bypassed our cordial Introduction Forum, which is where we like our newcomers to post a proper introductory message to the servants of . If it's not too much to ask of you, I wonder if I might re-direct you to that forum, which is linked here:

Attention Unsaved Trash: This the ONLY subforum you can start threads in. Here is where you introduce yourself. Tell us what church you go to and what your favorite Bible verse is and how you came to find Jesus.

Once you're there, please remember to pay very close attention to our friendly request at the top of the page, which I shall also include here:

The introduction forum Attention Unsaved Trash: This the ONLY subforum you can start threads in. Here is where you introduce yourself. Tell us what church you go to and what your favorite Bible verse is and how you came to find Jesus.

I thank you for doing this for us, and we look forward to reading your introductory greeting.

(Mrs.) Isabella White
              Hebrews 10:19 "Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the of "

Comment

Originally posted by PeterJack View Post
                The Israeli shekel as a unit of currency is not the same as the unit of weight used in ancient times for precious metals, usually gold or silver. For example if a pound (weight) of silver was used as the basis for the pound sterling (currency) the exchange rate for GBP to ILS would be different.

Examples of which currency units were used as "pieces of silver" from different dates are:
                588BC Jeremiah 32:6-10

520BC Zechariah 11:8-13

30AD Matthew 27:3-8

Comment

Originally posted by jmun1116 View Post
                  I see this is a "Baptist" church forum but all of this stuff I see on here is old testament nonsense, as if your some kind of Jews like Moses or something.

Do none of you realize we are no longer bound to the old testament as Christians?

The stuff like in Leviticus about not marking your body or masturbating is stuff we're no longer bound too.

The NEW TESTAMENT is a NEW COVENANT with GOD through JESUS CHRIST and it's what your supposed to follow if it's not in the NEW TESTAMENT then frankly it doesn't matter.
                  An interesting rant. There is a copy of a similar, late 17th Century, "rant" in the Library of Congress. The writer was later found to be "possessed by demons".

Jesus believed that the Old Testament was divinely inspired, the veritable Word of God. He said, ‘The Scripture cannot be broken’ (John 10:35). He referred to Scripture as ‘the commandment of God’ (Matthew 15:3) and as the ‘Word of God’ (Mark 7:13). He also indicated that it was indestructible: ‘Until Heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest letter or stroke shall pass away from the law, until all is accomplished’ (Matthew 5:18).

Are you some sort of atheist/Catlick?

(As nothing as been heard of him in several years, I assume that the poster has been smitten and condemned to Hell. Nevertheless, I have decided to leave my post as it is as information to others who would dismiss half of God's Word.)
                  sigpic

“We must reassert that the essence of Christianity is the love of obedience to God’s Laws and that how that complete obedience is used or implemented does not concern us.”

Author of such illuminating essays as,
                  Map of the Known World; Periodic Table of Elements; The History of Linguistics; The Errors of Wicca; Dolphins and Evolution; The History of Landover (The Apology); Landover and the Civil War; 2000 Racial Slurs.

Comment

As an expert in theonomics, this is something I know all about. From my estimate, shekels are about as valuable as cockle shells today. In the mid-century, war drove all Jew endeavours and values to astronomically bottomless levels, and that includes the little chips they called currency. This was part of the plan -- wound them where it hurts, namely their money. Effectively, since the US ultimately won that war, the shekel cannot compare to the US dollar, I'd say not even 0.000051% a fraction of its initial value. When clients come to me, I don't even need to tell them to throw their shekels away as I don't take on Jew clients in the first place. So, for most normal people the shekel debate is a non-issue.

Comment

Originally posted by phucker67 View Post
                      As an expert in theonomics, this is something I know all about.
                      The question of fiat currency has already been covered in post #35. Some readers use text-to-speech (probably they can't read) and miss out on the hyperlinks or numerical charts. The charts wouldn't mean much for someone who can't count of course, even so in my earlier example from 520BC in verse 12c it was made clear that the units employed were units of weight.

So they weighed for my price thirty pieces of silver.

Now metal tokens can be used a fiat currency. In some cases it's turned out that the value of the metal was more than the value of the token. Gold sovereigns would be an example of that. You can still probably use them on a bus but they're only worth £1 towards your bus fare. If this is not part of your theonomics syllabus it's definitely something you need to add.

A minor detail, since the penalties or values in question come from a period when shekels were tied to a bimetallic standard, the value of a fiat shekel is irrelevant. God was also clear that the same weights should be used for all transactions, whether buying or selling. Theonomics would also include a discussion about Temple standards, whether they were exempt from standard metrology and if so, why.

Comment

Hello Mitza, thank you for your response. I respect you've been steeped in this Christian community for some time, and that commands a degree of prestige; your post gave me a slight chuckle, women and economics do not mix. Anecdotally, I admire your effort to include of a pithy of Biblical reinforcement, which is ultimately the foundation of theonomics, hats off to you.

Temple standards are a Jewish sham, and reading the Bible, one can assert that skekels are little more than fancy silver coated bit of sawdust.

Exodus 30:15
                        The rich shall not give more, and the poor shall not give less than half a shekel, when they give an offering unto the LORD, to make an atonement for your souls.

This confirms that shekels are easily broken by poor people. Who else would think to shake up the value of currency and confuse the poor, none other than Jewish templars?
                        2 Kings 7:16

And the people went out, and spoiled the tents of the Syrians. So a measure of fine flour was sold for a shekel, and two measures of barley for a shekel, according to the word of the LORD.

While cunning to go out and poop in Syrian tents, who wouldn't? To be cheapskate'd on frivolities of flour and barley is appalling when you look at today and see what they try to gyp you in exchange for a "skekel".

I would like to incite this nugget straight from the financial wizard, Eric Trump, his assertion that 1 shekel is worth 1 Trump book.

“It will mean you sell three extra books, you make three extra shekels,” he said. “I think people read through this. I know people read through this.”

This is a pointed statement in that shekels are a monetary standard for Jewish greed. Everyone knows that Trumps wisdom is universal and priceless, and shouldn't cost a cent. Only Jews would think to profit off our President, and who else but Eric Trump knows this better.

I see the subject is of interest to you; I'd be happy to teach you more if you'd wish to peruse my first volume, Huckerin' Down on Theonomics Vo. I with a special discount at only 25$ for the the first copy. Practically a steal with the advice I give, you'd practically be breaking the 7th commandment.

Comment

blah blah blah
                          I am not really interested, but maybe someone is, so I'll ask the question: why would you think that a True Christian™ would be interested in buying, stealing, or acquiring in any other way (and then presumably reading), a book written by someone who is not Saved?
                          God created fossils to test our faith.

My favorite LBC sermons:
                          True Christians are Perfect!
                          True Christian™ Love.
                          Salvation™ made Easy!
                          You can’t be a Christian if you don’t believe the Old Testament.
                          Jesus is impolite. Deal with it.
                          Jesus is xenophobic and so should we.
                          Sanctity of Life is NOT a Biblical Concept.
                          Biblical view on modern-day slavery.
                          The Immorality of the "Universal Declaration of Human Rights."
                          Geneva Conventions vs. The Holy Bible.
                          God HATES Rational Thinking!
                          True Christian™ Man as a spitting image of God.

Comment

Originally posted by Basilissa View Post
                            I am not really interested, but maybe someone is, so I'll ask the question: why would you think that a True Christian™ would be interested in buying, stealing, or acquiring in any other way (and then presumably reading), a book written by someone who is not Saved?
                            My goodness! Dear Sister Basilissa, I think you have hit the nail squarely on the head here. And, I do thank you so much for mentioning this. Why on Earth would any servant of the buy a book from someone who has posted a highly-distasteful photo of himself -- not to mention, giving out questionable recipe recommendations! And, his profile has this very clear warning: "Phucker67 is fearful, unbelieving, a liar, a whoremonger and abominable. Has a place in the Lake of Fire secured."

Oh, how grateful I am to the Almighty for devoted Pastors and brethren who conduct their extremely thorough investigations of unsaved trash; all to protect us, here at , and to I give

(Mrs.) Isabella White

Comment

In matters of finance my dear, it could come in handy. I am fresh to Landover and haven't had the luxury of having True Christianity rub off on me. I hope with enough exposure, Jesus will guide improved quality in my work.

Comment

Originally posted by Isabella White View Post
                                Why on Earth would any servant of the buy a book from someone who has posted a highly-distasteful photo of himself -- not to mention, giving out questionable recipe recommendations!
                                Indeed, Sister. I believe it is safe to judge the quality of his book based on the writing sample provided here. Can you imagine the sheer horror of opening his book and seeing more images like that?! That would be torture, and True Christians™ do not deserve to be tortured!

I hope with enough exposure, Jesus will guide improved quality in my work.
                                We will wait patiently for that to happen, dear, but - I won't be holding my breath.
                                God created fossils to test our faith.

My favorite LBC sermons:
                                True Christians are Perfect!
                                True Christian™ Love.
                                Salvation™ made Easy!
                                You can’t be a Christian if you don’t believe the Old Testament.
                                Jesus is impolite. Deal with it.
                                Jesus is xenophobic and so should we.
                                Sanctity of Life is NOT a Biblical Concept.
                                Biblical view on modern-day slavery.
                                The Immorality of the "Universal Declaration of Human Rights."
                                Geneva Conventions vs. The Holy Bible.
                                God HATES Rational Thinking!
                                True Christian™ Man as a spitting image of God.

Comment

Working...
                                X