X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Losing my faith

Don't misunderstand me. I know everything happens for a reason. Covid, for example, is for taking atheists and sinners, joos and muslims, and send them to Hell. I get it.

But sometimes I wonder why. I feel like Job. Everything I have been working in the past 4 years has been destroyed, by God. It has to be Him, He sends the storms and the hurricanes.

Please, I need confort. And guidance. Pastors, please let me know if you can help me. Until you reach me, I will be praying.

A video that went viral on Twitter on Sunday shows construction workers watching as fierce gusts knocked a section of the border wall to the ground. Some speculated that it was recorded in Texas.
    1 Thessalonians 4:16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the TRUMP of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first.

Re: Losing my faith

Please do not lose faith, Bro Gonz. The fact that God sent a hurricane to destroy President Trump's Indestructible Great Wall can mean only one thing: He wants you to get up and keep propping up that falling Wall!
    God created fossils to test our faith.

My favorite LBC sermons:
    True Christians are Perfect!
    True Christian™ Love.
    Salvation™ made Easy!
    You can’t be a Christian if you don’t believe the Old Testament.
    Jesus is impolite. Deal with it.
    Jesus is xenophobic and so should we.
    Sanctity of Life is NOT a Biblical Concept.
    Biblical view on modern-day slavery.
    The Immorality of the "Universal Declaration of Human Rights."
    Geneva Conventions vs. The Holy Bible.
    God HATES Rational Thinking!
    True Christian™ Man as a spitting image of God.

Comment

Originally posted by Brother Gonzalez View Post
      Don't misunderstand me. I know everything happens for a reason. Covid, for example, is for taking atheists and sinners, joos and muslims, and send them to Hell. I get it.

But sometimes I wonder why. I feel like Job. Everything I have been working in the past 4 years has been destroyed, by God. It has to be Him, He sends the storms and the hurricanes.

Please, I need comfort. And guidance. Pastors, please let me know if you can help me. Until you reach me, I will be praying.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...uth-Texas.html
      What can I say. You must have blind faith, even when facing over whelming proof to the contrary. Irrefutable fact means nothing when confronted by stubborn following of the Proofs of Gods Magnificence.
      God makes you miserable for a reason., The more miserable you are, the more you know that God has to be spending a lot of time looking over you. Why else would he torture you? You are blessed to have Him try to squish you like an ant under the chiseled heel of the boot of a 500 pound man.

While it is not attractive, I am truly jealous of you. My life is full of happiness and joy, I am want for nothing. It seems like God simply does not care about me as much as He does about you, doting on your every step through life.
      Isaiah 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.
      Amos 3:6 Shall a trumpet be blown in the city, and the people not be afraid? shall there be evil in a city, and the LORD hath not done it?
      Numbers 21:6 And the LORD sent fiery serpents among the people, and they bit the people; and much people of Israel died.
      Matthew 10:34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.
      Matthew 10:35 For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.
      Matthew 10:36 And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.

Comment

What a tough time for you, Brother Gonz.

Here's the thing. When God hurts people in the Bible, he does plenty of that, so often they ride off with the girl. He rewards them by multiples of the pain He administered. In the case of Job, God gave him a better looking wife than the one He killed.

So, buck up Pardna'. Good things are coming your way.
        Isaiah 24:1-3 Behold, the LORD maketh the earth empty (2)...as the taker of usury, so with the giver of usury to him. (3) The land shall be utterly emptied, and utterly spoiled: for the LORD hath spoken his word.

Comment

Take heart! This is not the first time a great leader of God's people has had to rebuild a wall. Consider Nehemiah's words after the destruction of Jerusalem:

Ye see the distress that we are in, how Jerusalem lieth waste, and the gates thereof are burned with fire: come, and let us build up the wall of Jerusalem, that we be no more a reproach. Then I told them of the hand of my God which was good upon me; as also the king's words that he had spoken unto me. And they said, Let us rise up and build. So they strengthened their hands for this good work. Nehemiah 2:17-18

We'll just have to charge Mexico a little more for the damage.
          The Christian Right: The Only Right Way to Be a Christian!

Comment

Originally posted by Brother Gonzalez View Post
            ...sometimes I wonder why. I feel like Job. Everything I have been working in the past 4 years has been destroyed, by God. It has to be Him, He sends the storms and the hurricanes.
            First let me say that the telling part of your heart-felt cry is “Everything I have been working in the past 4 years has been destroyed, by God.”

Indeed, this is exactly the same as Job – well not exactly the same, because God, magnificently in His Wisdom and in His trust of the Faithful Job, did absolutely nothing – God merely sat by and allowed Satan to work his evil on Job. God, knowing everything, knew that Job would not falter in his faith.

We must now move to the New Testament to see the consistency of God – particularly John 9:1-3
            Joh:9:1: And as Jesus passed by, he saw a man which was blind from his birth.
            Joh:9:2: And his disciples asked him, saying, Master, who did sin, this man, or his parents, that he was born blind?
            Joh:9:3: Jesus answered, Neither hath this man sinned, nor his parents: but that the works of God should be made manifest in him.

To understand through the Book of Job and these verses (as best we mortals may) the Mind of God, we should take an earthly example that combines these ideas – a parable, if you will…

Let us say that one night you dream a dream and in that dream an angel comes nigh unto you and vouchsafes to you that you are favored by God Who has chosen you to fulfil a Holy Mission. The angel adds that the details of the mission will become apparent. The angel departs through the ceiling and you are left in awe…

The next morning, a motorcade pulls up outside your door and Secret Service operative secure the area. You look on amazed as the rear door of a large limo opens and out steps first Pastor Zeke, and then The President Himself!

The two walk up to your house, enter through the door and stand in the living area… Zeke introduces you to the President and explains that Mr Trump wants you to organize the building of that wall. Mr Trump has placed in your bank account $1,000,000 for each mile of wall. He has spoken with fixers, contractors, and PR companies and all that is required is that you appear once a month on Fox News to give a positive progress report.

What do you say?

I suspect that, once you have recovered your powers of speech, you will agree without further questions.

And so it is.

Your apparent sufferings are no more that God using you as a advert for Himself. God is holding you up as a paragon of a True Christian. He is demonstrating His Power through you. God knows the outcome of what, at the moment, appears to be serious problems. Do you trust God?

Brother Gonzales, you are blessed. You have no idea each one of us has prayed that God will inflict us with some curse, that we might serve Him directly. In prayers, I have offered to be struck deaf – and not just because of Mrs Bathfire’s constant mindless chatter: Brother Hutchins once told me that he was quite willing for God to cause him to lose his sense of taste because of Mrs Hutchin’s inability in the kitchen. Even Pastor Rune Enoe said that he was working vigorously, three times a day, on a way of sending himself blind, in the hopes that God would take the hint and strike him blind as our man in John 9.

All this so we might serve God better – All this so we could be closer to Jesus… we are willing to be examples of Him.

YET IT IS YOU HE HAS CHOSEN! (and not any of us) Praise the Lord!
            sigpic

“We must reassert that the essence of Christianity is the love of obedience to God’s Laws and that how that complete obedience is used or implemented does not concern us.”

Author of such illuminating essays as,
            Map of the Known World; Periodic Table of Elements; The History of Linguistics; The Errors of Wicca; Dolphins and Evolution; The History of Landover (The Apology); Landover and the Civil War; 2000 Racial Slurs.

Comment

Working...
            X